✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Jul-09: Home Depot Centre, Carson, CA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Vid

:( My mom is like afraid of everything and thought people would push and shove if we got GA so we ended up with tickets in section 110. i think that's still pretty good.

^^ Dammit I thought I could last one day with out counting down cause it's so far away from now. :cry:

oh well thanks for the update :dozey:

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, doesn't really matter. I got some nice foot-long rainbow ones, but I may also wear a little chain that goes "red, blue, red, red" in order to sorta create the VIVA logo (I say 'sorta', since I don't think there's black glow sticks, so I'll use blue).

So, where does one get colored glow sticks?

Party stores. Party City is a national chain and has a nice selection.

I also don't think the glowsticks should be used the entire time. For instance, in Yellow, let's just have fun with the balls.

Haha, we're taking this too seriously methinks. Like I said, we should meet up first to plan some things.

So, what else is anyone planning on for this show? I am so pumped. Any signs or clothing attire I should know about? :) It'll only be my second time to California. Can anyone suggest any must-see or must-do stuff for a weekend getaway, other than seeing the best band in the world, of course?

So, what else is anyone planning on for this show? I am so pumped. Any signs or clothing attire I should know about? :) It'll only be my second time to California. Can anyone suggest any must-see or must-do stuff for a weekend getaway, other than seeing the best band in the world, of course?

Well, we still have months to plan stuff. I'll be wearing a Coldplay shirt, and if you've got one, wear it too. Most of us have settled on glowsticks, but no one's stopping you from taking a sign. As we get closer to the date, we'll probably plan meeting times and locations and stuff.

Must-do weekend stuff? Sitting in traffic all day. It's all anybody down here does.

Okay seriously, Disneyland is the obvious choice, but really crowded in summer. Beaches are great but also really crowded. My beach recommendation is Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach (same exact area). Hollywood is okay, but only if you have nothing else to do.

So wait...for those of you with GA tickets, when do you plan on lining up?

Do you guys think Friday morning will be too early for me? Or should I go Friday night?!?! I wonder how many GA tickets they sold = \ I'm gonna try calling the venue again sometime soon to see how early we can line up anyhooo. The only thing that sucks is, general parking is $15...so that would mean that I would have to pay $30 for two days if I camp out right?

Me and my best friend I think are going very early Saturday morning.. the day of the concert, like around 6ish, we were thinking of camping out the night before but I dont know how good the area is lol we are just getting dropped off because my aunt lives right down the street, even though we won't technically have a "car" there, we will still have to pay for parking?

I agree that Disneyland would probably be too crowded, the beach is a definite must though! Hollywood is alright, i've been there once and thought it was going to be so amazing but it was just okay lol it's definitely worth seeing once though.

I just got fifth row ga...I live in Northern California, but something shady has gone down with the tickets because no one got lower level so I tried my luck at shows in SoCal and gave me fifth row, ga on my first try so I bought them. I guess my friend and I will have to arrive early to stand up close, but it will be amazing. I'm so excited!

I just got fifth row ga...I live in Northern California, but something shady has gone down with the tickets because no one got lower level so I tried my luck at shows in SoCal and gave me fifth row, ga on my first try so I bought them. I guess my friend and I will have to arrive early to stand up close, but it will be amazing. I'm so excited!

I think you might be right. My husband got on right when the tickets went on sale and it gave him GA tickets, but when he went to check out, the computer did this weird glitch thing and wouldn't advance to the next screen, so by the time he got back in the system, they were up to row 18, which is what we have. So, I'm happy to be that close, but how cool would GA have been? They could've fallen on me! :P

Me and my best friend I think are going very early Saturday morning.. the day of the concert, like around 6ish, we were thinking of camping out the night before but I dont know how good the area is lol we are just getting dropped off because my aunt lives right down the street, even though we won't technically have a "car" there, we will still have to pay for parking?

Hmmmm....now I am questioning if I should get there so early! hahha...so probably Friday night is good enough for me : D

I think you might be right. My husband got on right when the tickets went on sale and it gave him GA tickets, but when he went to check out, the computer did this weird glitch thing and wouldn't advance to the next screen, so by the time he got back in the system, they were up to row 18, which is what we have. So, I'm happy to be that close, but how cool would GA have been? They could've fallen on me! :P

Oh, I got the general admission tickets. I will go hours early to be front row. I have no idea what time I should go though...How many people are in the general admission area?

yea i guess no butterflies. But you know they are going to bust out some new stuff for the stadium shows.

I dunno though. When I went to see Green Day at an outdoor venue in Pittsburgh, they shot confetti all over the place, just like the butterflies...so there is hope!! :)

Party stores. Party City is a national chain and has a nice selection.

I also don't think the glowsticks should be used the entire time. For instance, in Yellow, let's just have fun with the balls.

Haha, we're taking this too seriously methinks. Like I said, we should meet up first to plan some things.

Target's good too. I don't know if they have this in your area, but at the Target nearby me, you can get a 15 pack of glowsticks for $1.

I doubt it. I've been to concerts before (but this will be my first Coldplay concert) and they don't check for glowsticks.

:confused: But I don't understand why they don't let you bring digital cameras but they let you bring camera phones.

I'm thinking about making a sign to bring...I don't know if any of you have seen these, but at some places there are these people who paint names and you pay $1 per letter...and for each letter, they use animals/plants/whatever to draw the letter. I have one in my name....I'll take a picture and show you guys if you don't know what I mean, but I was planning on getting COLDPLAY done : )

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided I'm making a sign too. Between that and the glowsticks and the free CD and my camera and anything I buy at the venue, I'm gonna have my hands full. I'll have to load some stuff on my friend or at least bring a decent-sized bag. :laugh3: