✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Jul-09: Home Depot Centre, Carson, CA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Vid

OK THIS IS FOR EVERYBODY CONFUSED WITH GA SEATING. DIRECTLY FROM TICKETMASTER.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject

I just have a question about the GA area for the coldplay concert. Is it goin...

Discussion Thread

(Gisela_ZYS724) 03/01/2009 07:18 PM EST

Dear Noel,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Coldplay. General Admission refers to seating or standing areas that are not assigned or reserved, and are occupied on a first-come, first-served basis. When purchasing tickets for a General Admission event, you may be quoted section, row, and seat numbers. These numbers are for inventory purposes only, however, and do not reflect any actual seating location. Please ensure you carefully read the Event Information and Ticket Information screens when purchasing tickets: Any information on whether your tickets are General Admission will be posted on one or both of these screens. Seating arrangements vary for each event, and there may or may not be seats of any kind available. Ticketmaster cannot guarantee seating for any event that is sold as General Admission.

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We really appreciate your business, and hope we were able to resolve any problems or answer any questions you had. Please reply, and let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Gisela_ZYS724

Ticketmaster.com Customer Support

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK THIS IS FOR EVERYBODY CONFUSED WITH GA SEATING. DIRECTLY FROM TICKETMASTER.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject

I just have a question about the GA area for the coldplay concert. Is it goin...

Discussion Thread

(Gisela_ZYS724) 03/01/2009 07:18 PM EST

Dear Noel,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Coldplay. General Admission refers to seating or standing areas that are not assigned or reserved, and are occupied on a first-come, first-served basis. When purchasing tickets for a General Admission event, you may be quoted section, row, and seat numbers. These numbers are for inventory purposes only, however, and do not reflect any actual seating location. Please ensure you carefully read the Event Information and Ticket Information screens when purchasing tickets: Any information on whether your tickets are General Admission will be posted on one or both of these screens. Seating arrangements vary for each event, and there may or may not be seats of any kind available. Ticketmaster cannot guarantee seating for any event that is sold as General Admission.

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We really appreciate your business, and hope we were able to resolve any problems or answer any questions you had. Please reply, and let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Gisela_ZYS724

Ticketmaster.com Customer Support

Yeahhhh, I knew this all along!!! Hhahaha, but to quite a few concerts in my lifetime....maybe one too many :D

ohmahgaaahhh...GA is lovely.... :stunned:

glowsticks is a DEFINITE MUST!! even those cook sparkly-light-keychain-magnet thingys :D concerts around here have been sorely lacking any cool light effects from the crowd.

as for the yellow balls (lol), is it okay to sneak 'em in? some of my friends almost got kicked out for inflating beach balls at Dodger Stadium (then again it was at a baseball game...:laugh3:)

Hmmm yeah, I dunno how it's gonna work. But I mean it just sounds like a pretty cool idea. But for us GA people....it's just gonna be kinda hard to inflate them since we'll all pretty much be elbow to elbow.

So I know it's four-and-a-half months out, but I was at Party City today with a friend while she looked for streamers, when I saw the most badass glow sticks ever and totally bought several. They're a foot long, rainbow, and relatively thick (but not heavy). For the moment I'm saving money, but I'll probably head back some other time for glow rings and whatnot.

If we all get on it, we'll have several months to practice specific movements and raves for each song. We'll be more coordinated than the band! :lol:

Don't sweat over the yellow balls, guys. It honestly was a half-joke suggestion on my part, and some have said they're still present at outdoor venues. But I'm totally serious about synchronized glowstick waving. :cool:

So I know it's four-and-a-half months out, but I was at Party City today with a friend while she looked for streamers, when I saw the most badass glow sticks ever and totally bought several. They're a foot long, rainbow, and relatively thick (but not heavy). For the moment I'm saving money, but I'll probably head back some other time for glow rings and whatnot.

If we all get on it, we'll have several months to practice specific movements and raves for each song. We'll be more coordinated than the band! :lol:

Don't sweat over the yellow balls, guys. It honestly was a half-joke suggestion on my part, and some have said they're still present at outdoor venues. But I'm totally serious about synchronized glowstick waving. :cool:

Heheheh i think it would still be a pretty fun idea :D even if they still had it...lol just as a joke maybe?

but anyway! i'll have a LED glostick on me! hahah it was only $5, everlasting...and bright as hell. and when i say bright i mean super. my friend at the forum saw my light out of everyone else's light from the 300 sections and i was on the 15th row from the stage....i'm planning on bringing that again

does anyone plan on recording an audio of the entire concert? or if not...does anyone know good equipment to do so? i want to record an audio of it :D

i just finished watching their wold stage concert in japan that aired through all the international MTV's network. amazing! i cannot wait to see them again in JULY!

so i was just watching it wondering where i should stand still. i can't decide between trying to get to the very front OR to the right of the stage where they perform god put a smile, talk, hardest part, glass of water, then viva. ohhhh the decisions!

GA tickets for the Home Depot Center!!

Hello amigos!

I have a question here, I read people talking about the GA area at HD center for the conncert in July and I was wondering, is this a standing only area? how early would I have to get there?

I was able to buy two tickets for about $145.00 a piece. how does it work??

It's myfirst Coldplay cocert and I can't wait, but I want to make sure I got decent tickets!!

Anybody got feedback?

General Admission is the pit area, standing only on a first comef irst serve basis. Some people get there as early as a few days! So it all depends on how close you want to be.

Congrats on your first show, it's gonna be awesome :)

Hello amigos!

I have a question here, I read people talking about the GA area at HD center for the conncert in July and I was wondering, is this a standing only area? how early would I have to get there?

I was able to buy two tickets for about $145.00 a piece. how does it work??

It's myfirst Coldplay cocert and I can't wait, but I want to make sure I got decent tickets!!

Anybody got feedback?

I'm not sure if the butterfly complicates things on the right tag, but I do like the standard "COLDPLAY" font better on it.

Honestly, I'll be a bit disappointed if they continue doing Speed of Sound acoustically by this point. I really liked the whole darkened room and spinning globes for the standard version. And because it gives us time to show off our excessive glowsticks. :lol:

ok, so i need help. This july 18 is gonna be my first coldplay concert, and i really want to be as close to coldplay as i can. I bought GA tickets, so i know that i got to be early to get a good place. Im planning on camping out 3 days before the concert,and no, im not crazy, but Im from mexico city and im going to the USA just to watch coldplay live.

Ok, the question is: If i camp out, are they gonna respect my place in line, or when the doors open , everyone is gonna run to try to steal my plece. I mean do security people in GA events keep a control on that? or do they just open the door and let everybody rush in?.

Also how long before the concert can i camp out? (This is because idk USA laws, is it legal to stay there? long before the concert?)

THANKS

I'm not sure if the butterfly complicates things on the right tag, but I do like the standard "COLDPLAY" font better on it.

Honestly, I'll be a bit disappointed if they continue doing Speed of Sound acoustically by this point. I really liked the whole darkened room and spinning globes for the standard version. And because it gives us time to show off our excessive glowsticks. :lol:

ahahha yeah...i'm gonna just make both. thought i'd add the butterfly as a tribute to their song and butterfly confetti they have :D

ok, so i need help. This july 18 is gonna be my first coldplay concert, and i really want to be as close to coldplay as i can. I bought GA tickets, so i know that i got to be early to get a good place. Im planning on camping out 3 days before the concert,and no, im not crazy, but Im from mexico city and im going to the USA just to watch coldplay live.

Ok, the question is: If i camp out, are they gonna respect my place in line, or when the doors open , everyone is gonna run to try to steal my plece. I mean do security people in GA events keep a control on that? or do they just open the door and let everybody rush in?.

Also how long before the concert can i camp out? (This is because idk USA laws, is it legal to stay there? long before the concert?)

THANKS

When I called the venue, they said it is too soon to really determine how early it is we can start lining up. But I'm sure people will start days ahead...but as for whether or not they'll respect your spot in line, yes they will. It's gonna be a single file line and they'll let let's say 25 in at a time or so and of course all of you will start running towards whatever spot it is you want. So hope all this information helps you out!

Same as Ginga Joy, July 18 will be my first Coldplay concert. Uhm...I have 2 questions, cause I haven't gone to a concert in a long time. :P

1. When I went to ticketmaster.com, it says how many adult tickets I want...is it an adults only concert?

2. Is it better to buy the tickets as soon as they are available, or before the concert. Because my sis said if we get them late, people will be desperate to sell them and bargain. But I think they will be sold out if we wait too long...I'm not sure :\

If you help me out, thanks SO much! :D

Last year was my first Coldplay concert, and the folks here at Coldplaying told me I would love it. How right they were. :D

So I guarantee YOU will love it!

1. When I went to ticketmaster.com, it says how many adult tickets I want...is it an adults only concert?

No. I'm sure "adult" is just a general ticket term. There are plenty of younger people at these.

2. Is it better to buy the tickets as soon as they are available, or before the concert. Because my sis said if we get them late, people will be desperate to sell them and bargain. But I think they will be sold out if we wait too long...I'm not sure :\

Buy ASAP. If any tickets are still available, they're probably not very good, and the potentially better ones that people sell on eBay or Yahoo or Craigslist or wherever are very expensive, and only get more and more expensive over time. After all, certain scalpers buy tickets for the sole purpose of selling them on auction for triple the price.

Last year was my first Coldplay concert, and the folks here at Coldplaying told me I would love it. How right they were. :D

So I guarantee YOU will love it!

No. I'm sure "adult" is just a general ticket term. There are plenty of younger people at these.

Buy ASAP. If any tickets are still available, they're probably not very good, and the potentially better ones that people sell on eBay or Yahoo or Craigslist or wherever are very expensive, and only get more and more expensive over time. After all, certain scalpers buy tickets for the sole purpose of selling them on auction for triple the price.

Oh, awesome! Thanks. :laugh3:

Oy, amidst all the new tour dates mentioned, we can't let this one get lost in the shuffle! EXACTLY FOUR MONTHS!!!

Convenience reasons make this the only So. Cal concert I'll be able to attend, so I wanna make this a damn good one. Heck, I'm not opposed to waiting for the band afterwards, either, but I'm not sure how hard that would be.