✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Jul-09: Home Depot Centre, Carson, CA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Vid

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, all General Admission tickets are standing area. There are no seats. :D So I guess in a sense, if you got tickets right behind the pit area, it's a good thing because 1.) You don't have to wait all day and 2.) You wont be squished! But I guess it's just a chance of being able to be in front row that is amazing! I hope it isn't too bad = \ I'm soooo excited yet scared at the same time. I've been to GA shows where people are just soooo horrible! People who came last minute who ended up all the way in the back just expect to push their way up front! Horrible I tell you!

are u sure? i heard there were going to be seated and first come first serve seats?

Does security ever consider glow sticks a toxic liquid threat? Because glow stick coordination strikes me as an awesome idea for potential raves (Life in Technicolor) or waving them slowly (Fix You).

Also, we may need to find a way to improvise for the potential lack of Yellow balls or paper butterflies at an outdoor venue. I dunno, someone sneak in a deflated yellow beach ball, blow it up once inside, and toss it around. Any better ideas? :P

are u sure? i heard there were going to be seated and first come first serve seats?

Yup...I am absolutely positive! Of all the concerts I've been to...which is about 40, those that were General Admission were standing ONLY. Usually that is what it means...unless this venue decides to switch it around and do seats or something?!?! That would be a miracle on our end for those that have GA tickets becuase we wont suffer!!! But that wouldn't make sense because if that were the case, they would have just kept it like they had before and had assigned seating.

But yes...it will still be a first come first serve basis. Usually the way General Admin works is there is a line that is set up for it, and when time comes they let you in and you stand where you would like. So it goes from front to back and etc....hope this helps you!

Oh and if you are curious....I listed the number to the box office in a previous entry, you can call them and ask : )

Does security ever consider glow sticks a toxic liquid threat? Because glow stick coordination strikes me as an awesome idea for potential raves (Life in Technicolor) or waving them slowly (Fix You).

Also, we may need to find a way to improvise for the potential lack of Yellow balls or paper butterflies at an outdoor venue. I dunno, someone sneak in a deflated yellow beach ball, blow it up once inside, and toss it around. Any better ideas? :P

Every Coldplay concert that I've been to, I bring this Green LED light thingy. Once my friend was all the way up in the 300 sections and spotted me!

The yellow balloons sounds like a perfect idea! I am going to go out and get me some and this idea sounds splendid! Let's try to get as many people in the GA section or even further out to do this!

?

oh! pardon that....i did post a comment after that post, but i guess it didn't go through :confused:

i've bought tickets right at a venue once for another concert. unfortunately, there were a lot of people behind me and the guy at the booth wouldn't take his time to help me (or anyone else) get better seats. he kept acting like "this is what's coming up on the computer, buy it now or leave!" to every customer.

that's just my experience though...but i do think buying tickets at home is just easier cause you can throw back the bad seats they give you and search for better ones with a click of a mouse. the extra fees are horrible, but then again you may be getting better luck with paying more. also the box office sells tickets from the same allocation as the ones that are being sold online, so there's really no bigger difference in the chances of getting better seats anyway. it probably had to do with the timing of the purchase when the first set were released (and only had a number of GAs available then) and people online had nabbed the tickets.

oh! pardon that....i did post a comment after that post, but i guess it didn't go through :confused:

i've bought tickets right at a venue once for another concert. unfortunately, there were a lot of people behind me and the guy at the booth wouldn't take his time to help me (or anyone else) get better seats. he kept acting like "this is what's coming up on the computer, buy it now or leave!" to every customer.

that's just my experience though...but i do think buying tickets at home is just easier cause you can throw back the bad seats they give you and search for better ones with a click of a mouse. the extra fees are horrible, but then again you may be getting better luck with paying more. also the box office sells tickets from the same allocation as the ones that are being sold online, so there's really no bigger difference in the chances of getting better seats anyway. it probably had to do with the timing of the purchase when the first set were released (and only had a number of GAs available then) and people online had nabbed the tickets.

Yeah I only tried camping for tickets once. Most of the time...I know I'm going to be unsuccessful so I leave it up to buying them on ebay for ridiculously high prices. This time though....I don't know how, but I got lucky! And I'm glad I did....can't wait for a memorable experience. I'm just crossing my fingers that I get front row! God knows how hard it is to stand in the middle of GA.

Where did you camp out for tickets? The last time I camped out for a concert was back in 1998!

I camped out right there at the Home Depot Center. It was a little crazy thing to do but i wanted to get really great seats. The problem was that the guy who helped me at the box office was really slow and when i told him three GA floor seats he said "Okay" and i assumed i was getting those but when i looked at them they were B2 row 10. I told him he gave me the wrong seats and he just said "sorry there's nothing i can do about it, all the GA are gone now." I was upset , but now i'm just glad i got good seats. I'm still on the floor.:D

I camped out right there at the Home Depot Center. It was a little crazy thing to do but i wanted to get really great seats. The problem was that the guy who helped me at the box office was really slow and when i told him three GA floor seats he said "Okay" and i assumed i was getting those but when i looked at them they were B2 row 10. I told him he gave me the wrong seats and he just said "sorry there's nothing i can do about it, all the GA are gone now." I was upset , but now i'm just glad i got good seats. I'm still on the floor.:D

Hey....that is still really good! Considering, you wont have to wait too long or get squished!

Yeah, Carson gets some nice ocean breeze. It tends to be smoggy, but you're not going to be needing the most overprotective sunscreen if you plan on arriving early.

Have no plans as to what time I'll arrive, and a lot can change in five months. Depends if we're coordinating a Coldplaying meet-up.

So do you guys think they'll still have butterflies?

I thought it was so beautiful when they dropped them at the Honda Center and would love it if they did it again?

i am sure they will work something out...crosses finger! but i am sad no yellow balls.

but yes...someone did bring up bringing yellow beach balls, not the same but hey! we've got to compromise!