Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

21-Jul-09: Superpages.com Center, Dallas, TX - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos

Serioulsy, this is nuts. HOW can there be no seats in the 100's available. I don't get it.

And, I'm not a newbie to conerts in general, nor this location. I haven't seen anything like and I've probably been to well over 20 concerts at this venue. Very disappointing.

Ticketmaster sold them to Ticket scalper sites to make more profit.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that, but they have never done this before. There have always been tickets available in the 100's, granted they were always middle to back or the sides, but I've never seen it to where none were available in the presale or general. They usually make at least SOME available.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when Tickemaster's own scalping site is selling tickets in the 100-sections for $700 *BEFORE* the actual onsale. This should be illegal in so many ways. This wouldn't fly in any other industry, but somehow when it comes to concert tickets, everyone turns a blind eye.

I thought it was highly ironic that while trying to get tickets, the first security code that the TM site gave me to enter included the word "CROOKS". Ya think?

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when Tickemaster's own scalping site is selling tickets in the 100-sections for $700 *BEFORE* the actual onsale. This should be illegal in so many ways. This wouldn't fly in any other industry, but somehow when it comes to concert tickets, everyone turns a blind eye.

I thought it was highly ironic that while trying to get tickets, the first security code that the TM site gave me to enter included the word "CROOKS". Ya think?

thats funny about the crooks

^^ Oh, the irony! :laugh3:

@ all the previous posts on this page: Geez, the greed of these d-bags is above and beyond! :angry:

It seems that they expect to make the most profit in the big cities :veryangry:

Some people were able to find single or double seats at the smaller cities' venues.

I'm talking about the orchestra section (the ones right near the stage) and on the first rows of the following sections (middle-tier). Granted, they got the last rows of the closest sections, but still.

^Yeah, in a heartbeat! :rolleyes:

Even for the SuperBowl, the NFL and the promoters had to lower the price of the cheapest ticket from $800 to $500. AND they themselves said it was because of ticket sales being lower than expected, which we know is due to the economic situation.

Guess what? My brother got in because he worker as a security/guest services staff. So he got to see most of the game for free! Well, he was sore the next day from his 16-hour long shift, yet he didn't shell out $$$$ to be there :lol:

I am really hoping OXFAM asks for volunteers again at the Coldplay concerts

Stubhub already has tickets up very close for major $$$$$$. Not one fucking ticket available in the 100's. Utter bullshit. Ticketbastard and Live Nation can both go suck a big fat COCK!:veryangry2:

We gotta do some research on finding some decently priced places. I'm sure that's mission impossible right now.

Are you going to Houston too? I think I'm going to road-trip that one...but I guess it depends now how much this will cost me!

Crooks indeed !

Some Ticketmaster sites already have tix for the Houston show (which doesn't go on sale until next week). And these "$25 convenience fees"....what a bunch of garbage.

Pearl Jam tried to bring these guys down in the 90's and failed, but they opened a lot of eyes to corruption and bad practices in the ticket / entertainment industry. It would be great if some of the mega bands like Coldplay, The Killers, U2, etc could all say something, but the record labels and the RIAA are all in business with Ticketmaster, so they might consider it biting the hand that feeds them.

What a mess. :angry:

Techni-TX you are exactly right. The disappointing thing is that the band and management have no incentive to fix the problem because they are getting someone's money for the ticket anyways. They don't care whether it's you, me, or Texas Tickets. Secondly, the larger problem is that the 'authorities' who would have any incentive or reason to try and curb the problem are the same people who are most likely taking kickbacks under the table. All the while, the fat get fatter and it leaves us as fans congregating on the lawn in Texas in mid-July, while the corprate suits are in the front row getting sweat upon by Chris during Politik.

Open up your eeeeeeyyyyyes!

Ridiculous

Yeah it's absurd. I was at home, ready with my ticketrush presale password and everything, and the second it hit 10 AM I refreshed the page, pick 2 tickets choose, livenation, type in the password, and search; mind you this only takes like no more than 30 seconds. If I had actually been timing myself, I doubt it was over 20. And I get 204 AAA. WTF?! I bought them, 'cause I really want to go, so even if it's not a great seat I'm sure I'll have a great time. I went in November, and my seat was okay, but just being there was awesome. Anyway, as a joke, this morning I tried getting tickets in the general sale thingie, and again right at 10AM, the best I could get? LAWN.

Freakin' ridiculous.

Ticketmaster does not hold on to better seats and release them through a sale. TM are not allowed to do this for various contractual reasons, like I say I've worked with TM and TM is not allowed to do this.

The only occassion I have ever noticed something like this happening is when the system fails to include blocks of tickets due to human error. It is very rare and I can only guess that there aren't any 100 block tickets for sale or a glitch has occurred-I think it is the former because the same thing is across all dates. So I suspect auctions or premium seat packages-where you pay $300 for a seat and they give you a tour program or laminate.