✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

21-Jul-09: Superpages.com Center, Dallas, TX - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gonna be hot for sure, and I'm sure people will be waiting all day. I'm not sure what time yet I'll be heading out there. You'll be able to drink water in stuff in line, so that's going to help with the heat a little bit.

I'm super excited about seeing Coldplay! :D But is it true that the sound is really awful at this place?

I'm on the floor, about 18th row. Do any of you know whether there's a slope on the ground? I'm not very tall, and I'm worried I won't be able to see over people's heads. :(

I'm super excited about seeing Coldplay! :D But is it true that the sound is really awful at this place?

I'm on the floor, about 18th row. Do any of you know whether there's a slope on the ground? I'm not very tall, and I'm worried I won't be able to see over people's heads. :(

Yep, the sound is awful because the people that run the place like to have the speakers turned up at level 11. So if you're in the left or right front sections, I'm warning you now, bring earplugs because you will get blasted by the wall of speakers. The stupid place has these tiny worthless speakers in the back so what they do in order for the lawn people to hear, they crank up the speakers in the front. Stupid...yes. It's like being on the floor of a stadium show.

As far as the slope is concerned, there is a slight slope, but it's no stadium seating by any means. It's more like auditorium seating. It's very similar to Nokia out in Grand Prairie, minus the upper deck of course.

Yeah, I'm on the left side. And I'm in the middle, but closer to the wall than to the aisle.

You'll definitely be blasted by the "wall 'o speakers" then.

We sat around there for The Police last year and I wished that I'd had ear plugs.

Also, expect this show to be sweltering. Drink LOTS of water if you can, you'll need it!!

You'll definitely be blasted by the "wall 'o speakers" then.

We sat around there for The Police last year and I wished that I'd had ear plugs.

Also, expect this show to be sweltering. Drink LOTS of water if you can, you'll need it!!

Yep, way back in 1989 when I saw my first show at Starplex, I sat in the second row on the right side, and my right ear has never been the same since.

So when you here me say "What?" and/or put my hand behind my left ear to hear better...well, now you know why.

(I hate stupid-ass Superpages.com, Smirnoff, Coca-Cola Starplex.)

Yep, way back in 1989 when I saw my first show at Starplex, I sat in the second row on the right side, and my right ear has never been the same since.

So when you here me say "What?" and/or put my hand behind my left ear to hear better...well, now you know why.

(I hate stupid-ass Superpages.com, Smirnoff, Coca-Cola Starplex.)

You'd think by now they would have done something to re-design it. It's not like they don't have the revenue to do it. They haven't updated a thing since my first show in 1991 at Lollapalooza.........and, I have been to my fair share of shows there since.

I am interested to see how Chris reacts to it. He is so energetic that he is always pouring sweat, even in the indoors in winter here. And, I have never seen a catwalk at Starplex (it will always be Starplex to me), so I wonder how his stage presence will be. Also, I wonder if they will do their little remote stage. It will be interesting. I can't wait!! I can't believe it's in 20 days~~swoon~~!!!

Yeah, a catwalk, a B-stage, a C-stage is something totally foreign for Starplex.

I'm not sure if they will be able to handle it. They will have to hire extra ushers/bouncers. They won't be at their usual station. Oh My! (Note the sarcasm.)

If they pull it off, it will be shocking because no other artist that I know of has ever done that there.

Yeah, a catwalk, a B-stage, a C-stage is something totally foreign for Starplex.

I'm not sure if they will be able to handle it. They will have to hire extra ushers/bouncers. They won't be at their usual station. Oh My! (Note the sarcasm.)

If they pull it off, it will be shocking because no other artist that I know of has ever done that there.

My thoughts exactly!

Security at The Police show was a joke! Granted, I understan it was The Police, not a really out of control crowd. I watched the "security" guards around me check people out and try to hit on people. Nice!

I'm sure the show will be good, but I'm really curious to see how Chris handles this venue.

They'll have the B-Stage and C-Stage... and they will have those little 'nubs' where the catwalks were in the Arena shows. I'm guessing the B-Stage will be on the right between 100 and 200 sections, and the C-Stage will be on the left between 200 and the lawn...

I'm also kind of curious of the PIT - mostly how BIG it is. My ticket has 348 as the seat, so I'm guessing that means at least 348 in the PIT? That sounds like a lot... Maybe the max was 500? I'm keeping to the back of the PIT though. I don't want to have to wait all day in the heat or not be able to leave or be really hot the whole time due to body heat.

do either of you Starplex veterans know what the pit situation is like there??

Again, a pit area in Starplex is a totally new concept for me. I've never seen it done at any shows that I've been at.

Now maybe TheAngie should be the one to ask. I guess Coldplay had a PIT there the last time they played at Starplex???

I honestly don't know.

Again, a pit area in Starplex is a totally new concept for me. I've never seen it done at any shows that I've been at.

Now maybe TheAngie should be the one to ask. I guess Coldplay had a PIT there the last time they played at Starplex???

I honestly don't know.

I'm with Allegra, I've never seen it done at Starplex either. Back in the early '90s when Lollapalooza traveled there were people who TRIED to create a pit down there, but if I remember correctly there were fences and a lot of security. I stayed back though, b/c people would get seriously hurt.

hey, I don't think this question will ever be noticed on the thread I posted on earlier, so I thought I'd ask it here.

in this article, it says that Coldplay kicked off the LRLRL CD giveaway in Florida and that they're ending it this Saturday at the Gorge Amphitheatre. Do you think they're mistaken? I thought they were giving them out until the end of the tour!! I really wanted one. :(

I think the article is referring to the tour "kicking off in May and stopping at the Gorge..", not the CD giveaway. That's how I read it, anyway. :) Plus, everything else that's been written has mentioned the giveaway going through Sept., I think, with just the exception of festival shows. No worries- you should be getting one! And soooon, too!! :D :dance:

Hey all, I posted in the tickets for sale thread but thought I'd post here as well. I have an extra pair of tix for the Dallas show I'm selling at face value. They're in section 205. If you're interested, PM me! I'd also be willing to trade for Houston tix of comparable value...