✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

21-Jul-09: Superpages.com Center, Dallas, TX - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why the hell don't they make a fan club and they should have done that years ago.....i hate the fact that all these bandwagon fans get better seats than me

Haha bandwagon fans.

I agree.

This put me in a bad mood. :(

I'm very nervous of what tickets will come out tomorrow.

well, someone has to be able to get seats in the 100's.

This thing is ridiculous though. I mean, corporations or ticket scalpers aren't paying TM more than face value, so they are making the same amount of money regardless. I really wish they'd come up with a better way to police ticket sales. And, I agree there should be a fan club that TM could release better seats too. I get the corporate thing, and I know it's not going away, but geez, TM can release SOME decent seats for presales where you know TRUE fans will be getting tickets. UGH, I just get so disgusted every time I try to buy tickets. I actually miss the old days of buying your tickets in person and even the camping out part!!

You are right, there are no rows/seats on the lawn, it is literally a lawn!

I got two seats in Section 201, near the front of the section, but I'm still NOT happy about it. I got MUCH better seats to The Police show there. They never offered anything in the 100's. I got mine from TM, using the Live Nation Ticket Rush presale code.

I get so sick of this, that the actual fans get screwed out of good seats. I got decent seats to both Police shows last year and to Coldplay's show in November, but this sucked in the highest of order.

I'm going to try again tomorrow for 100's and if I don't get them, I'm going to be even more pissed off.

No shit Sherlock, this is how it happens with the ticket agencies. They are allowed to buy them at face, buy several sections then sell them at an elevated price. Its called TICKET SCALPING folks, and in most states (Louisiana for sure) it's ILLEGAL.

So, when are you gonna report them? Do you really think TM got those good seat tickets by standing in line, even a presale line, like you did?

FUCK NO they didnt. its all about money, for them.

You are a loyal fan. Coldplay management does not give a shit about you . They care about your money, only.Period.

With the COLDPLAY tour grossing nearly US $90 million last year, you have to ask just how much $$ is enough?

I posted something similar in the North American Presale thread.

Ticketmaster sponsors a lot of these scalper sites. Of course, they don't use the word "Scalping", as they predetermine a cost and "management fees" for the sites are rolled in.

Ticketmaster realized everyone was buying up front row seats and scalping them ages ago for every concert available, so they figured they'd cash in on it. So instead of putting the face value of a front row seat at $800 for concets, they put the face value at $95 instead, and simply "sell" those seats at that price to the scalper sites. Or they call it a one-price "auction" to get around the scalping laws.

So, the sites in turn charge $800 for those premium seats, and the rich folks who can afford things like that simply plonk down the cash and the ticket is theirs. And Ticketmaster gets the revenue because they sponsor the sites. And chances are they'll sell all of those $800 seats. Of course, that's a conservative estimate, I've seen some front row individual seats for shows (The Police, Springsteen, Coldplay, Genesis) go for $2000.

Supply and demand, my friends.

But the fans with minimal cash (like me) get screwed. I hate how the world works sometimes.

^^^At least in Louisiana the law says it's illegal. That scalping shit is LEGAL in Florida. Gosh, I'm so pissed right now. The FL concert presale and sale are gonna suck for all the true fans here that want to get good seats.

^Your explanation is true, Technicolour. TM has set up its own scalpers after getting fooled by others. TM went "WTF? We can set up our own, and get the profit"

Im asking this because I really dont know the answer,but is Coldpaly really responsible for allt that is going on with the tickets.?/Can they really do something about it.

Also how is it to get tickets for Radiohead or U2.Is there usually a prob??

I know alot of people are disappointed with the available selection of seats during the pre-sale, but it's pretty much common knowledge that concert pre-sales NEVER have prime tickets available. In fact, I pretty much knew that would be the situation, and I didn't even bother to log in and try...and sure enough, this case proved itself once again. No need to get upset over something that was never meant to be. Last night on the phone, a friend of mine was all geared up for the pre-sale. I told him that he had no chance of getting any seats in the 100's, and when he called me this morning to confirm what we already knew, I said "Told You So!" in my best Dave Gahan voice.

I think all of us got pretty much screwed with these sales. Pre-sales and general sales alike. On Paul McCartney's forum, if you've been a member for so many months, they send out pre-sale passwords that are each different to the members only to use, and you can get excellent seats with these. I actually called the venue I was trying to get tickets to for Coldplay and asked them how the front sections sold out in 10 seconds, and their reply was blah blah there was so many people online/calling. Whatever.

I know alot of people are disappointed with the available selection of seats during the pre-sale, but it's pretty much common knowledge that concert pre-sales NEVER have prime tickets available. In fact, I pretty much knew that would be the situation, and I didn't even bother to log in and try...and sure enough, this case proved itself once again. No need to get upset over something that was never meant to be. Last night on the phone, a friend of mine was all geared up for the pre-sale. I told him that he had no chance of getting any seats in the 100's, and when he called me this morning to confirm what we already knew, I said "Told You So!" in my best Dave Gahan voice.

I honestly did not expect there to not be any tickets in the 100's for this concert. I've been going to concerts at the Venue (always be Starplex to me) for a long time and anytime I've gotten tickets in a pre-sale, there have always been tickets in the 100's available. I'm not a "have to sit in the first 10 rows" kind of gal, but I am a "have to sit in the first section" kind. I got excellent seats to see The Police last year and have scored great pre-sale seats for Sting and Depeche Mode in the past. I also got pretty good seats at the AAC for Coldplay in Nov in a pre-sale. So, I was pretty shocked there were none available at all in the first section.

Got seats I wanted

Got an aisle seat in sect. 202, row FF. Get to see over top of people below and not next to speaker, so should be great sound.

A good place to go before hand is the Amsterdam Bar. It's near Fair Park.

Serioulsy, this is nuts. HOW can there be no seats in the 100's available. I don't get it.

And, I'm not a newbie to conerts in general, nor this location. I haven't seen anything like and I've probably been to well over 20 concerts at this venue. Very disappointing.