✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[##CANCELLED - DISCUSSION PG138 ONWARDS] 09-Aug-09: Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey everyone,

i'm new to posting, although i've been a long-time lurker. i can't emphasize enough how excited i was when this date was announced!! :D

my friend and i went to the orlando concert = best. night. ever. we both got upgraded to front row on jonny' side and it was absolutely amazingggg. anyway, it was such a life-changing experience my friend and I agreed we MUST go again, haha.

oh, i know someone earlier mentioned they signed up for 'Ticket Rush.' Have you gotten the e-mail yet? I haven't and I'm getting kind of worried.

hey everyone,

i'm new to posting, although i've been a long-time lurker. i can't emphasize enough how excited i was when this date was announced!! :D

my friend and i went to the orlando concert = best. night. ever. we both got upgraded to front row on jonny' side and it was absolutely amazingggg. anyway, it was such a life-changing experience my friend and I agreed we MUST go again, haha.

oh, i know someone earlier mentioned they signed up for 'Ticket Rush.' Have you gotten the e-mail yet? I haven't and I'm getting kind of worried.

OMG you and I are like the same person. I'm a long time lurker too. I went to the Orlando show with a friend of mine and it was one of the best concerts we've ever been too, and we go to A LOT of concerts. We're hooked so were soo excited for this one! Woo!

The only thing though is I'm a bit iffy about the venue as I've never been to this one and I was hoping it'd be at the ice palace...

Anyways, I signed up for Ticket Rush a few minutes ago and I got the e-mail almost immediatey. Maybe try again?

^Hi Laura!

I went to the Orlando concert, and I was at the section where the sang "The Scientist" (btw, what a pleasant surprise), they were at the end of row! :D Best.night.of.2008

Oh, I though they would come to the St.Pete forum, but I went to a concert at the amphitheater, and it was OK,

^ hey! that's awesome they were at the end of your row! i would have freaked out if guy (or all of them) were in touching distance of me :D it really was the best night of '08!
Freak out I did! :laugh3:

My brother caught it all on tape. Dang it, his digital camera is good. It captured the whole minute I spent freaking out :o when I realized they stopped at the end of the row. Those on the other side of the row were lucky indeed.

The only downside was Jonny obstruing my view of Guy :inquisitive:, but I got to see Chris really well :wink3:. Oh my, he has the bluest eyes I ever seen :stunned:

^^ haha yay! what section were you in at the orlando concert? yeah i'm kind of unsure of the venue (i'm not really a fan of ampitheaters) too. I've never been to it, but as long as I'm going it's cool, lol.

but yeah i just got my e-mail : )

oh, i'm laura, btw.

Hi Laura!

I was in the first level kind of on the other side from where they sang in the audience. Last time my friend and I were like the first people in line to buy the tickets at ticketmaster and we still couldn't get them on the floor. I'm really hoping we get them closer this time *crossesfingers*

yay! I'm glad you got your e-mail. Oh man I've never bought pre-sale tickets before, so i'm really hoping things work out this time, I want to see them up close! :D AND it's going to be only two days before my birthday!

I really hope the amphitheatre works out though, and i hope it doesn't rain.....

Freak out I did!

My brother caught it all on tape. Dang it, his digital camera is good. It captured the whole minute I spent freaking out when I realized they stopped at the end of the row. Those on the other side of the row were lucky indeed.

The only downside was Jonny obstruing my view of Guy , but I got to see Chris really well . Oh my, he has the bluest eyes I ever seen

lucky your brother bought his digital camera! my friend and i had such crappy seats in the beginning, that we weren't even motivated to bring ours. SUCH a bad idea, lol. we did have our cell phone cameras but they didn't turn out very well. this time we made a pact we're bringing all the cameras we own with us :lol:

I was in the first level kind of on the other side from where they sang in the audience. Last time my friend and I were like the first people in line to buy the tickets at ticketmaster and we still couldn't get them on the floor. I'm really hoping we get them closer this time *crossesfingers*

yay! I'm glad you got your e-mail. Oh man I've never bought pre-sale tickets before, so i'm really hoping things work out this time, I want to see them up close! AND it's going to be only two days before my birthday!

yeah, i'm also hoping we also get good seats through pre-sale. i've never bought tickets through that process before either. as much as i love going to concerts, i always dread buying tix because i never have much luck. if anything, we should probably all look for the roadies to upgrade us :D

and wow, that's great it'll be around your birthday! what an awesome gift :)

Yeah i'm kinda surprised they're playing at the Amp too. Although I thought the last show there was awesome. I was in the Pit and very close. Their clothing designers better make them outfits w/ shorts, t-shirts and flipflops..because it's gonna be hot.

Is anyone going to meet beforehand? Prehaps at the Hard Rock?

^^ oh, yeah i just forgot how hot it's gonna be! well, luckily it's at night so it won't be too bad. *crossing fingers* but hopefully they'll have new attire to accommodate the insane Florida heat ;)

also, do any of you have suggestions as how to get orchestra/pit seats during pre-sale or general admission (primarily for the Amp)? because of what i've seen on other threads here it seems like people are having a hard time getting good spots on the floor (??)

^one guy got a good seat for the San Diego show. He says he kept searching for only one tix, and attempted several times. He got Orchestra Row N!

Gosh, I don't know. I think I'll have to have 2 or 3 computers searching at the same time.

Sucks that only Live Nation is selling, we cannot try thru Ticketmaster.

Sucks that only Live Nation is selling, we cannot try thru Ticketmaster.

Definitely, I just checked Live Nation vs. Ticketmaster for the show in Chula Vista and Live Nation was giving me section 204 and Ticketmaster gave me 103. I wish we had the option of Ticketmaster as well.

Hello!!! I joined this board, because I have been turned into a ColdPlay fan. I live in the Orlando area and am wondering if you fine people could help me with getting tickets to the tampa show? The presales are feb 20th I believe, and not sure about the password, or is there a fanclub site that sells the presale tickets? I belong to the Aerosmith Website, and members there buy tickets earlier than the public. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Hello!!! I joined this board, because I have been turned into a ColdPlay fan. I live in the Orlando area and am wondering if you fine people could help me with getting tickets to the tampa show? The presales are feb 20th I believe, and not sure about the password, or is there a fanclub site that sells the presale tickets? I belong to the Aerosmith Website, and members there buy tickets earlier than the public. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Go to Live Nation and register on Ticket Rush for presale password. The presale is day before general public.

86 thank-you for replying. This is my problem that I am not understanding, I clicked on your link and it took me to the live nation site, I saw on the right side Ticket Rush and when I clicked on it to join, it doesn't come up with wanting any info, it just shows a live nation page with stuff on it. Nothing to fill out. Does it just automatically know to send the password to my email, I have checked and I didn't recieve a password. Geez I am thinking I am losing it:D I appreciate you helping me.

That is yet the question... some other sales this week, people were getting worse seats on Live Nation presale than general sale. It seems there are no tickets being sold in several front rows or some front sections hardly any available. But last show here, Coldplay had the first five rows empty and went into upper levels to bring people down to front as surprise seating!!! The big corp. guys has some blocked seats also :( Then again last time Ticketmaster had the rest of front floor on auction seats. But there is no Ticketmaster for Tampa this time. And Ticketmaster is merging with Live Nation, so what will happen?