✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[##CANCELLED - DISCUSSION PG138 ONWARDS] 09-Aug-09: Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

That is yet the question... some other sales this week, people were getting worse seats on Live Nation presale than general sale. It seems there are no tickets being sold in several front rows or some front sections hardly any available. But last show here, Coldplay had the first five rows empty and went into upper levels to bring people down to front as surprise seating!!! The big corp. guys has some blocked seats also :( Then again last time Ticketmaster had the rest of front floor on auction seats. But there is no Ticketmaster for Tampa this time. And Ticketmaster is merging with Live Nation, so what will happen?

Well, it seems to me that presale people did relatively better. Those who tried both the presale and the general sale have said that they are now glad they bought on the presale (if they did).

About upgrades, some fans get lucky, and it usually helps to be early at the venue. I'm so stoked about Coldplay coming to Tampa, I am totally at the Ford Amphitheater at 10am-ish sharp! :lol:

I would love to meet with other Coldplayers there early in the day. Someone also suggested meeting at the Hard Rock Hotel. Hopefully, we can hang out at the hotel (even if the band is staying there. Geez, it's not like we're crazy stalkers :dozey:)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^lol yeah my friend and i got REALLY lucky that night. anyway, we were just sitting in our original seats when a roadie approached us and took us aside. He related our experience to having crappy seats at a baseball game and then getting good ones at the World Series.

I think he sensed that we were getting nowhere with that analogy, lol So he asked us to close our eyes and when we opened them he had placed front row tickets in our hands. My friend I were freaking out and screaming like crazy, then he walked us to our seats. When we got there we found out everyone around us had somewhat similar experiences in being upgraded.

So my advice in a nutshell, is keep an eye out for roadies dressed in black roaming around the nosebleed section!

^Oh man, you two were lucky. But I cannot complain. I was at the section where they played The Scientist. They stopped at the end of my row, just 12 seats away. Completely unexpected, I was shocked (to say the least). Oh, and the lights and effects looked nice from where we were, especially Lovers in Japan (fantastic!).

@vivalayellow...haha i think i might have seen you. we were literally on the side, closest to the ramp. my friend and i (and the two girls next to us taking an infinite amount of pictures) were the ones that bumrushed the rail when Yellow came on, lol. :laugh3:

@localola86: ooh! good luck, hopefully you can win or get something! let us know how it goes. :D

EDIT: Also, only 2 more days until the presale! i'm excited and anxious at the same time, lol.

i've been looking at ticket prices at the other venues and was jw if these prices---$35, $79.50 and $97.50--- are the same for tampa?

Yes, they are. BUT that's without fees, which are about $20.

Final cost should be $55, $100, and $130.

shucks, I know :\

By the way everyone, 97X gave away a code for the radio presale for this Friday. It's so easy.

"and it was all yellow"

The contest for tickets is this weekend

(after the presale, how convenient :dozey:)

Hey!

I'm a big coldplay fan from Germany and I want to buy tickets for the Tampa gig. The problem is that livenation doesn't send to Germany. Is there any possibility that one of you buy 2 tickets for me? I will pay all shipping costs etc for sure. That would be very great!! Please send me a pm!

ps: sorry for my bad english :/

Yes, they are. BUT that's without fees, which are about $20.

Final cost should be $55, $100, and $130.

shucks, I know

By the way everyone, 97X gave away a code for the radio presale for this Friday. It's so easy.

"and it was all yellow"

The contest for tickets is this weekend

(after the presale, how convenient )

ugh. thanks for the heads-up. i knew those prices were too good to be true! :dozey: o well, i'm still gonna go ahead and buy them, lol. can't believe the sale is already tomorrow!

lol, that is a really, really easy code 97X gave away. you should totally try and enter despite it being after the presale.

97x has been giving away tickets during the morning x and during the Kage show. I tried calling in yesterday, but I kept getting busy signals :(.

Oh well, I don't mind buying the tickets, I'm just really nervous because I REALLY want tickets up close. Me and my friend are going to have four computers going tomorrow to see which one gets the best seats *crossesfingers*

PS. Those ticket fees suck.

Holy Crap, I feel so old among all of you, It's ok for this, well, not old, but been around a bit longer than some of you, to be so into this band, and well the obvious cutie that sings?

Anyways, I wanted to say good luck to everyone who's doing the presale tomorrow, I hope we all get great seats.

Tracey