🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

10-Jun-2009: AT& T Center, San Antonio, TX, USA

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as it's a regular point and shoot, you shouldn't have a problem taking it in. Some security guards are not nice though, so i'd still put it in a pocket or whatever and not have it in plain sight.

I can't believe it's almost here already! Just one more show, and then it's ours! I'm excited about Snow Patrol too, one of the reasons I decided to drive out for this one. I've never seen them before. So it sounds like they don't hang around after the shows? No hope of getting to meet them?

Hey guys! I'm so jealous that you get Snow Patrol as support...I'm going to the Houston show, and I've never heard of either of the acts. Ah, well. Anyway, I've got spare tickets to Houston if anyone's interested in another Texas show! I've got three for section 111, row C, and I'm selling what I paid--$325 total, with all those goshdarned fees. Totally willing to sell a pair or singles--just message me! :)

And HAVE FUN WEDNESDAY!!! Like I said, INSANELY jealous!

You are highly likely to be right in front of the b-stage or not too far from it! :D

I'm in section 10... have a pretty good seat on the side closer to Section 8 so I should be at least along the catwalk, but Houston (102, row H) and Dallas (PIT) blow it away :)

Dang how did you end up getting sec 10 in SA and 102 for Houston? Got lucky with ticketmaster? I have 103 Row Q for Houston.

i actually have a few options on where to sit, though none of them are amazing or anything. it depends on how badly my group of friends wants to stay together. frankly and obviously i'd prefer to sit in the best seats we have which i was planning to sit in from the start.

about a day and a half left! :dance:

Dang how did you end up getting sec 10 in SA and 102 for Houston? Got lucky with ticketmaster? I have 103 Row Q for Houston.

LOL, well luck really! I got the SA ticket a few hours after the pre-sale began since I didn't know about it and was leaving for England the next day. The Houston one was really luck, since I pulled up Sec. 102 row DD in the pre-sale but didn't get it thinking there would be better in the general. Then there wasn't, ha. Then I found Sec. 102 row EE on Ebay and got those. Then one day I just decided to look for some reason and got Sec. 102 row H! It also helps I'm going by myself I guess... Crappy friends I went with last year don't want to go on a weeknight, blah. :dozey::rolleyes:

My first post....AND FREAKING EXCITED! its my first time seeing them play live. plus..i dont have to drive out of city to see them...soo huzzah to that. even though i got some nosebleeders, i find myself not caring.

Well I have section 20, row 7... Im expecting to have a fabulous time even though no one wanted to come with me :cry:

Oh well I had to come solo for this concert. Anyways who cares its COLDPLAY!! lol

AND Snow Patrol, don't forget!

I'm sOOOOO jealous! :lol:

San Antonio should brace itself.

It’s not often that a rock act hits town at the height of its creative power and with the album of the year Grammy tucked under its arm.

Such is the scenario when Coldplay arrives at AT&T Center on Wednesday, June 10, to promote Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends.

Snow Patrol opens.

Not all that long ago, Green Day, with American Idiot, Norah Jones, with Come Away With Me, Alejandro Escovedo, with Real Animal, and even a very young Britney Spears, with her Catholic schoolgirl swagger, rocked San Antonio’s world with vital intensity onstage — as only artists on that kind of roll can do.

Coldplay frontman Chris Martin described his current tour as “a spectacle” befitting a band considered by many to be the biggest in the world.

It’s a steamroller driven by Martin and his bandmates, guitarist Jon Buckland, drummer Will Champion and bassist Guy Berryman.

Which means that for the band’s first visit to S.A., fans will be bombarded with majestic art-rock and epic pop, lasers, giant bouncing rubber yellow balls (for “Yellow”), unplugged rock moments, colorful Sgt. Pepper’s-influenced outfits and a free CD giveaway.

Not everyone loves it. The New York Times calls them the most insufferable band in the world.

“It really doesn’t matter who’s biggest today,” said Martin in a telephone interview in May, adding that worrying about who is No. 1 “makes my brain melt.”

But pop world domination — in the realm of U2, Metallica, Hannah Montana, Green Day, Jonas Brothers and The Rolling Stones — comes at a price.

Loss of privacy is one. Martin spends much of his life with actress wife Gwyneth Paltrow dodging paparazzi.

There’s also the matter of rock guitarist Joe Satriani claiming that Coldplay’s song “Viva La Vida” bears too close a resemblance to his “If I Could Fly.”

In December, Satriani sued for copyright infringement.

“We’ve never had a hit that big before. So I don’t know if it’s to do with it’s the only song that’s been that famous,” Martin told the Philadelphia Inquirer.

At the end of the day, Martin wouldn’t change a thing. “I feel lucky,” he said.

San Antonio, brace yourselves for Coldplay

The San Antonio set list will include some of the band’s biggest hits, including “Clocks,” “The Hardest Part,” “Viva La Vida, “Yellow,” “In My Place,” “Glass of Water,” “Politik,” “Fix You” and “The Scientist.”

There’s even a cover of The Monkees’ “I’m a Believer.”

Hector Saldaña | 210SA contributor

http://www.210sa.com/entertainment/San_Antonio_brace_yourselves_for_Coldplay.html