✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kids in da PIT!

Hey guys...sorry for my lame attempt at sounding cool in the title of this thread. :rolleyes:

I wanted to ask what you guys thought about me taking my 12 year old niece in the PIT with me when they come to Toronto on July 30th. I have two pairs of tickets: one are for the PIT and the other are seats. I would love to be in the PIT, but if it's going to be too much for a 12 year old then I don't want to chance it.

Having said that, I'm not interested in being up front and don't mind if we stand at the back (or near the back) of the GA section. I just want my niece to have an unforgettable expperience up there (this being her first concert experience ever).

I guess I should also ask if you guys know if kids are allowed in the PIT area? Any thoughts on this are most welcome. :)

Thanks!

when we were in the pit for Hartford there was a 9 year old boy (whom i somehow looked familiar) and some other kids there too. it turned out the 9 year old was in my daughters class . The thing is it's a long day to wait at the gates and then run to the front. We were there 1st in line at the gate at 3 pm, the boys went on around 9ish and then over around 11ish, The front always does not get the best overall view too. (us crazyfangirls must have this view) so if you want an overall experience try the seats if they are good seats. i took my daughter when she was 7 to Nassau Coliseum and we had 3rd row (no pit) and it was a bit too loud for her but she loved it.

Well, I don't want to be at the front of the stage...I was hoping we could chill more towards the back of the GA area. I guess I should call the venue, though, just to be sure.

I know there are a lot of people in the GA section, but is there enough room to move around?

Well, I don't want to be at the front of the stage...I was hoping we could chill more towards the back of the GA area. I guess I should call the venue, though, just to be sure.

I know there are a lot of people in the GA section, but is there enough room to move around?

That's what I'm planning to do in Dallas :)

I think the volume of people depends on the venue...

I would suggest the seats. Since everyone generally stands during the whole show, she can stand on her seat and see. IN San Antonio there was a family near Lori and I and they had 2 kids around 10 and 8 and the kids stood on their seats and were adult height. Plus Jasmine told me the upgraders wouldn't give her and her daughter an upgrade because they said Chris doesn't like small kids down front. He thinks it's too loud for them there.

I would suggest the seats. Since everyone generally stands during the whole show, she can stand on her seat and see. IN San Antonio there was a family near Lori and I and they had 2 kids around 10 and 8 and the kids stood on their seats and were adult height. Plus Jasmine told me the upgraders wouldn't give her and her daughter an upgrade because they said Chris doesn't like small kids down front. He thinks it's too loud for them there.

And if you tried it in the UK you'd probably end up getting prosecuted for "child abuse"............................... :dozey:

Yeah, that sounds harsh.

I think it depends on the kid. I know my niece would be OK in the GA section (she's actually taller than I am) because she wouldn't mind the noise, but if it's a policy then I guess the seats will have to do. She won't need to stand on a chair cos the seats are tiered (is that the correct term?) I just wanted her first concert to be memorable, that's all, and GA is the place to be.

Thanks for your feedback, everyone!

True, Coldplay pits aren't vicious, but overexcited kids probably aren't a great idea with the temperature it can get in there if she dehydrates easy. Either smuggle some water bottles in for the two of you or pick the seats. Dehydration is NOT nice, I got it at my Melbourne concert... blegh.

Otherwise, if she's fine with volume and height, feel free to whisk her along to the pit.

Wait, do you mean that in a, "Oh my gosh, she's ONLY! TWELVE!" or in a "Oh my gosh, she's old enough, she's TWELVE!!" way? Cause my cousin's twelve, loves Coldplay, is nearly as tall as I am (I'm eighteen and full grown), and we have a pair of pit tickets we are so not about to give up.

Going to the Houston show on Wednesday, btw.

I told my cousin that if they ask, she's fourteen. A small fourteen, but whatever. She's not a baby. I'd rather her come and see this AMAZING concert with me than end up her first concert being like the jonas brothers with her friends or whatever. Haha.

And like someone said before, Coldplay fans are chill.

let us know how it goes

I too am struggling with where to get seats- gonna have to pay the scalper, unfortunately

but GA pit seats are cheaper than close seats, so I am thinking of going that route, and gathering any info I can about the GA experience. I don't need to be "front row", so if there's space in the back, I'd hang there.

Most people's reviews, however, are the fanatics, god bless em, and they are all from the front row....

Yeah, I'm not too worried about her being 12 years old and in the GA section. She'll be fine. I'll be fine. Coldplay will be awesome.

Like someone said before, I would much rather her first concert to be Coldplay than some crap boy toy band. :smug: