✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay Christmas Song 2010! Christmas Lights // behind-the-scenes footage in first post (parts

antshar

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My rumors have been confirmed....I doubt that Wedding Bells will ever be released. Notice how Christmas Lights uses much of WB's lyrics and even the melody to an extent? Wedding Bells must have been scrapped and the left over parts given to this new song. I love CL but I still hoped for a studio version of WB......:cry:

Hey don't give up hope! It could still be a b-side for the new album! I'm almost 100% positive they've recorded something of Wedding Bells! :thumbsup:

True....perhaps it could end up as a B-side, or still included in the album. Afterall, CL is not going on the album....weird, that's the first single that will not be released on wither an album or an EP by them....

Yeah it could be on the album but just a way different song! I mean Christmas Lights is wayyyyyyyyy different so Wedding Bells could be too! We just never know! :P

Yeah...I still have that 60 second's version of the song on my Ipod...Interesting to see that he still used those few lines from back in 2009 with only a few differences. I bet he wrote a bit here and there up until a few weeks/months ago.

My rumors have been confirmed....I doubt that Wedding Bells will ever be released. Notice how Christmas Lights uses much of WB's lyrics and even the melody to an extent? Wedding Bells must have been scrapped and the left over parts given to this new song. I love CL but I still hoped for a studio version of WB......:cry:

You remember what happened when Viva was released, and everyone thought that 'Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground' is Strawberry Swing, simply because they have the same line of 'now my feet won't touch the ground'? I reckon lines like 'poison in my blood' could appear in a number of songs on LP5. We've had repeated lines/themes in different songs on albums since Parachutes.

You remember what happened when Viva was released, and everyone thought that 'Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground' is Strawberry Swing, simply because they have the same line of 'now my feet won't touch the ground'? I reckon lines like 'poison in my blood' could appear in a number of songs on LP5. We've had repeated lines/themes in different songs on albums since Parachutes.

True but what of the other part of the song that they got from Wedding Bells?

SS sounds nothing like NMFWTTG anyway! So funny to remember that....good times....good times.

I'm not even that bothered about Wedding Bells, just looking forward to all the new songs which LP5 will bring us.

This times a billion.

I love that CL has almost swallowed Wedding Bells. Now it's two great little clips/demos that everyone has been looking forward to all rolled into one amazing song.

I really like the new song a lot. I find the tempo/rhythm change in the middle to be great and I find that bit to be nostalgic sounding.

I'm hoping that their next album will head in this direction by taking things down a notch. I feel that X&Y and VLV were so over the top in terms off arrangement, that I was very disappointed. To me they are the kind of band that sound best with less instruments (like their first two albums). I feel that this song is similar to that.

really like the new song. I find the tempo/rhythm change in the middle to be great and I find that bit to be nostalgic sounding.

I'm hoping that their next album will head in this direction by taking things down a notch. I feel that X&Y and VLV were so over the top in terms off arrangement, that I was very disappointed. To me they are the kind of band that sound best with less instruments (like their first two albums). I feel that this song is similar to that.

Agreeeeeeee :D

I wasn't very disappointed by X&Y and VLV, but I just like the old Coldplay best. I'm not optimistic that they'll ever revive that old style, but I do think simple is better and hope to see that worked into future things they do.

I really like the new song a lot. I find the tempo/rhythm change in the middle to be great and I find that bit to be nostalgic sounding.

I totally agree

btw, a screen cap with good resolution, it'd be a nice wallpaper. maybe I'll post more in this thread: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58068&page=7&highlight=high-res

cl101.th.jpg