✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[16-Sept-2011] Coldplay @ Austin City Limits Festival, Zilker Park, Austin, Texas

jenflor

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But this seems strange that the headphone company didn't contact me, but the ACL director rather. It seems as though I'll be in the fake-concert concert for the taping. Is that how it works? Do I still get to meet the band and listen to the album? Are the expenses still paid for?
That's not the headphone contest, That's the tickets given away by registering on the link at Coldplay.com. Did you register by clicking the link on coldplay.com? These ticket are just to get into the taping. You aren't meeting the band and have to pay your own way to Austin.

That's the thing, I don't even remember entering for this contest. I remember entering for the promo CD for Paradise, but not this. Trust me, I'd give the opportunity to any one of you, but I suppose that's how the cookie crumbles. :shrug:
Well it says right in your email that you won from Coldplay.com. so you did enter. You didn't bother reading the instructions saying it was for entry only and would not include travel and was not transferable. If you can't actually go, please email them back and let them give the tickets out to someone that can.

I hope people read the part that said travel was not included. How many morons are going to enter just because they enter every contest they can and not even be able to get there? Then what? Plan B?

I posted this a few days ago...

I feel like an ass now. :\ But it's not like there aren't dozens of other selected folks to cheer for their so-called live show.

Right, and because you can't and don't want to even go, there are even more people who weren't selected who would love to "cheer for their so-called live show." Based on what you've been writing in all the "hate" threads, I guess it's a good thing you can't go... :confused:

I posted this a few days ago...

Right, and because you can't and don't want to even go, there are even more people who weren't selected who would love to "cheer for their so-called live show." Based on what you've been writing in all the "hate" threads, I guess it's a good thing you can't go... :confused:

Wow - what any of us would have given for those tickets. :cry: Way to tell them Dianne!

Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.....if that contest winner disliked CP enough to comment in the "hate" threads, why would they even enter a contest?

^^^ Yeah, he's been doing nothing but bash Paradise. The comments he said on the previous page really angered me and I just think it's messed up to enter a contest when you are not planning to be in Austin, win it, and then continue to bash the "so called live show" that all of us would love to attend.

Anyway, moving on...

from @acltv twitter:

We're still sorting out some production issues that affect capacity and how many names we can draw. Hold tight...

^^ Really hope the names get drawn today, i'm getting very impatient. :confused:

^^^ Yeah, he's been doing nothing but bash Paradise. The comments he said on the previous page really angered me and I just think it's messed up to enter a contest when you are not planning to be in Austin, win it, and then continue to bash the "so called live show" that all of us would love to attend.

Anyway, moving on...

from @acltv twitter:

We're still sorting out some production issues that affect capacity and how many names we can draw. Hold tight...

^^ Really hope the names get drawn today, i'm getting very impatient. :confused:

Those Paradise threads make me sad. Ok, so some people don't like it...fine...but good god, the way they're going on and on and on about it is just sickening. Personally, I like it.

Does anyone know if they overbook for these shows or is there an exact number of tickets? I hope they let us know soon. I don't like being patient.

Those Paradise threads make me sad. Ok, so some people don't like it...fine...but good god, the way they're going on and on and on about it is just sickening. Personally, I like it.

Does anyone know if they overbook for these shows or is there an exact number of tickets? I hope they let us know soon. I don't like being patient.

I completely agree, Dianne. I personally like it a lot. I think it's really sad that the discussion around it has devolved into a really stupid back and forth. If you like it, your a mindless fangirl, if you don't, you're a "true fan". Such BS. People need to remember: It's an effing song. It's not going to affect the state of the world. Like or don't and for the love of chris martin, move on!

edit: and sorry, no I don't know if they overbook or anything. It might not be a bad idea to just show up anyway, regardless of whether or not we get passes. :shrug:

I completely agree, Dianne. I personally like it a lot. I think it's really sad that the discussion around it has devolved into a really stupid back and forth. If you like it, your a mindless fangirl, if you don't, you're a "true fan". Such BS. People need to remember: It's an effing song. It's not going to affect the state of the world. Like or don't and for the love of chris martin, move on!

edit: and sorry, no I don't know if they overbook or anything. It might not be a bad idea to just show up anyway, regardless of whether or not we get passes. :shrug:

100% agree with both of you... I also think we should go there anyways, with or without passes :)

Hypothetical question. Our plane lands at 4:30. According to that email adminwhatever posted, it said to get to the theater at 6. Would we have time to get a cab to our hotel, Hyatt Regency, to drop off our bags and get to the theater by 6? I don't know Austin at all, how far away things are or how bad traffic is. It might be worth it, even if we don't get tickets, to see if there are no-shows.