✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[16-Sept-2011] Coldplay @ Austin City Limits Festival, Zilker Park, Austin, Texas

jenflor

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 weeks to go guys, I can't wait!!

:dance::dance::dance:

re-watched bits of Glastonbury last night and realized that I NEED to be in front, or as close as I can possibly get. It may make for a miserable day, but I think the show itself will make up for that!

re-watched bits of Glastonbury last night and realized that I NEED to be in front, or as close as I can possibly get. It may make for a miserable day, but I think the show itself will make up for that!

Oh yes, I can tell you it's so worth it. Waiting all day for them at Lolla was miserable... but once they came on stage, every minute of agony was worth it! I cannot wait to meet you all and see the boys again :)

I will be up in the front with you! After the UCLA show, where my view was almost totally obstructed :( , I need to be in the front too!

When the paramedics haul you out with heat stroke can I have your spot? :p

If it stays this hot, waiting all day is not doable!

When the paramedics haul you out with heat stroke can I have your spot? :p

If it stays this hot, waiting all day is not doable!

I know. It's the only thing I'm worried about. :/

Oy, how hot has it been?

Ridiculously hot. Face of the sun hot. Fucking hot even for Texas, which is always fucking hot. Last week, highs were between 108-112 EVERY DAY. So hot it's still 98 degrees at 10:30 at night. BUT, I have seen a tiny little glimmer of hope. The highs for this week are between 90-95, with nighttime lows in the 60s. Let's all hope it carries over to next week!

And, just asking here... is it possible to work together to try to secure spots? So that we could each take turns getting out (for food, drink, bathroom) at least for part of the day? I know as it gets later in the afternoon it'll be impossible to get back in after getting out, but maybe in the early afternoon?

Ridiculously hot. Face of the sun hot. Fucking hot even for Texas, which is always fucking hot. Last week, highs were between 108-112 EVERY DAY. So hot it's still 98 degrees at 10:30 at night. BUT, I have seen a tiny little glimmer of hope. The highs for this week are between 90-95, with nighttime lows in the 60s. Let's all hope it carries over to next week!

And, just asking here... is it possible to work together to try to secure spots? So that we could each take turns getting out (for food, drink, bathroom) at least for part of the day? I know as it gets later in the afternoon it'll be impossible to get back in after getting out, but maybe in the early afternoon?

Oh man, that is hot! I live in Vegas and am used to the heat.. it's been really hot here lately too.. between 100-110 degrees but does Austin got humidity too?

I absolutely want us to work together to secure our spots. We did that at Lolla but by 2:00 PM, it was impossible to get back to the front. I think we should meet up somewhere before the gates open (maybe some place for breakfast that may be near the park) that way we can go in together.

I might try to meet you guys and help with securing spots. It just matters who I end up going with to the event because they might not want to wait all day with me for Coldplay. :rolleyes: I'll let you guys know.

coldplaysuperfan.png

KGSR presented the Coldplay Superfan contest, with your chance to see Coldplay perform at this year's ACL Festival AND preview Coldplay's latest album.

Thanks to everyone who submitted for KGSR’s Coldplay SuperFAN contest! There was a lot of hard work put into all of the entries. But in the end we could only pick one winner. And that winner is… Tasha P., whose video is directly above this paragraph!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHK8wMrTYyM]Superfan Stop Motion! - YouTube[/ame]

Again, all of the videos were great. Well done Austin! Here’s a sample of some of the other SuperFAN entries:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNGffNWiAQs]KGSR Coldplay - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6MSeukLOzQ]Coldplay's KGSR SuperFan! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zCe8ekvTwM]KGSR Coldplay Superfan.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4ePiHVkYI]Ultimate Coldplay Fan KGSR - YouTube[/ame]

With any hope, the city won't be on fire AND it won't be 100+ degrees. :\ It's rough times in Texas right now.

Anyway, I'm up for taking turns securing spots. That's a great idea!