✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP5 Is Currently 85 Minutes Long (Interview with Will and Chris after Glastonbury)

Don't Shiver

So do we know for sure this guy is coldplayer1317 cuz i dont want to accuse anybody of anything.

We have our ways to know for sure, otherwise we wouldn't have banned his other accounts.

He trolled the board, end of story.

Can't you just ban this guy's IP from the site?

Some of his IPs are banned now, that doesn't mean he can't come back with another IP though.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before we got sidetracked by Trolly Mctroll someone mentioned wanting to see the 60 minutes interview. I'm certain there's a more appropriate place but since it was mentioned in this thread I went to find it. Also, it could be US only. I'll search for a full version on youtube now.

Here it is

Youtube

LOL Chris always will lye about that stolen melody from 'Viva La Vida'

It's so obviously stolen,but because it's i think there biggest hit ever,he doesnt want to admit that it's someone es hit :cool:

LOL Chris always will lye about that stolen melody from 'Viva La Vida'

It's so obviously stolen,but because it's i think there biggest hit ever,he doesnt want to admit that it's someone es hit :cool:

This is really irrelevant and debatable...

^ Eh? :thinking:

I don't think Charlie Brown, HLH, Major Minus, etc. are very 'Black-Eyed Peas-esque'

Neither do I. But unfortunatelly ETDIAW (the song, not the full EP) is Blackeyedpeas-esque. Major Minus, Moving to Mars, Hurts like Heaven and Princess of China are simply mediocre, worst Coldplay stuff ever. And Charlie Brown is simply lovely, but I'm afraid it will be an island of quality in the new album.

I don't think even ETIAW is "Black-Eyed-Peas-esque." I think people are just finding reasons to hate on it. I don't like it either, but it's NOTHING like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAlyYH1PZ0I]YouTube - ‪Imma Be-Black Eyed Peas‬‏[/ame]

There was one dude who said it sounded EXACTLY like GaGa's "Poker Face." REALLY? I mean it's not their best song, but for real? Geez.

At the begginig of the song ("I put my records on, I turn the music loud") Chris sounds terrible, is he trying to rap or something? I don't know but the result sounds to me as if I were listening to a Black Eyed Peas song. The rest of the song is better, but that bit... OMG I hate it.

To be honest, I really don't think Every Teardrop is bad. The song was meant for the festivals as well as a closing track, hence why they probably didn't put very creative lyrics in it. Not all their tracks need to have so much work put into it so it can stand out as much as Politik, The Scientist or Viva La Vida. They just wanted to try something really new, seperate from the rest of their songs and to simply be an exciting track, and in my opinion, they succeeded. @Bloody, haha I noticed that part too, it sounded like he sort of bridged away from singing for that part or something, but definately not try to rap :P.

To be honest, I really don't think Every Teardrop is bad. The song was meant for the festivals as well as a closing track, hence why they probably didn't put very creative lyrics in it. Not all their tracks need to have so much work put into it so it can stand out as much as Politik, The Scientist or Viva La Vida. They just wanted to try something really new, seperate from the rest of their songs and to simply be an exciting track, and in my opinion, they succeeded. @Bloody, haha I noticed that part too, it sounded like he sort of bridged away from singing for that part or something, but definately not try to rap :P.

I totally agree with this :) I enjoy ETIAW a lot and for what it is. I find myself so excited when it plays, too :awesome:

If ETDIAW is seperate from the rest of their songs and to simply be an exciting track they should have told us. 'Cause if they don't, we think that it's the leading single of their new album. And as a party-song with no pretentions at all it's fine, but as a leading single it's crap.

Okay. I mean 85 minutes might be a bit long and that wouldn't fit on a single CD. BUT! I would love if the album was 65-70 minutes long. :] And Eno is an awesome producer for the most part but screw him when it comes to the album length! He's there to give them advice and make them think outside the box, not act as a totalitarian dictator and tell Coldplay how long their albums have to be. Three of his own five most recent albums were over 70 minutes long. He has no right to tell them how long to make the album, just like he can't tell them what instruments they have to play or what songs have to be on the album; it's stupid to constrict the multifarious and multifaceted talents Coldplay possess. It's ridiculous. It's hypocritical. And it's not his jurisdiction. :angry: I thought he was supposedly less involved on this one than VlVoDaAHF btw?

Unrelated but I had a dream last night about LP5 news and I was really sad. :/ Coldplay had said the album would be 34 minutes besides ETIAW, so only 38 minutes in total... That's ridic. :| They're made all that music and are supposed to release something under 42 minutes? Ugh. :(

Okay. I mean 85 minutes might be a bit long and that wouldn't fit on a single CD. BUT! I would love if the album was 65-70 minutes long. :] And Eno is an awesome producer for the most part but screw him when it comes to the album length! He's there to give them advice and make them think outside the box, not act as a totalitarian dictator and tell Coldplay how long their albums have to be. Three of his own five most recent albums were over 70 minutes long. He has no right to tell them how long to make the album, just like he can't tell them what instruments they have to play or what songs have to be on the album; it's stupid to constrict the multifarious and multifaceted talents Coldplay possess. It's ridiculous. It's hypocritical. And it's not his jurisdiction. :angry: I thought he was supposedly less involved on this one than VlVoDaAHF btw?

Unrelated but I had a dream last night about LP5 news and I was really sad. :/ Coldplay had said the album would be 34 minutes besides ETIAW, so only 38 minutes in total... That's ridic. :| They're made all that music and are supposed to release something under 42 minutes? Ugh. :(

Brian Eno has produced a crapload of stuff, including several U2 albums, a few of which are quite long. It's not him that makes Coldplay albums short.

Plus, I'd rather have another Viva (45 mins) than another X&Y (1:15). Length doesn't have anything to do with quality of the songs.

Brian Eno has produced a crapload of stuff, including several U2 albums, a few of which are quite long. It's not him that makes Coldplay albums short.

Plus, I'd rather have another Viva (45 mins) than another X&Y (1:15). Length doesn't have anything to do with quality of the songs.

You make a good point man- although my research shows hardly any of their albums are over 50 minutes actually. Not to slight you just saying. (: And I mean I thought it was though? Wasn't that a RULE on the list of ten that the album couldn't be longer than 42 minutes. What right does he have to say that? I mean that's just how I feel. It's THEIR band and THEIR music, not HIS.

I disagree, though I do respect your opinion. I think Viva was definitely better but not because it was shorter. Just because they were doing what they wanted to rather than what they thought the fans and the media wanted. They stepped more out of their boundaries and tried new things. On X&Y they almost reverted backwards I'd stretch to say.

edit: Not to be a butt but I feel I have to point this out. X&Y was only 62 minutes not 75. Not that it really makes a difference except 1) I'm OCD about this band, even little things like that. 2. I'd feel like we were all cheated out of 3, 4+ minute songs if I didn't say anything. Sorry. :|

Something I noticed reading a few posts back~ Coldplay is amazing. Yes. But they are not perfect. ETIAW may not be their greatest song. That doesn't matter. They experimented. Personally, I believe, as a musician myself, that experimentation is a brave thing to do. A song can't please everyone. If you think of music more like a piece of art than a track, it's easier to see it that way.

You make a good point man- although my research shows hardly any of their albums are over 50 minutes actually. Not to slight you just saying. (: And I mean I thought it was though? Wasn't that a RULE on the list of ten that the album couldn't be longer than 42 minutes. What right does he have to say that? I mean that's just how I feel. It's THEIR band and THEIR music, not HIS.

I disagree, though I do respect your opinion. I think Viva was definitely better but not because it was shorter. Just because they were doing what they wanted to rather than what they thought the fans and the media wanted. They stepped more out of their boundaries and tried new things. On X&Y they almost reverted backwards I'd stretch to say.

I mean what I was saying about viva is that most say it's a better album. Therefore it's not a really long album that makes the music better.

The job of the producer is to process the music and make it better quality. I really don't think he has a say in the length/track listing.

With coldplay, I hear it's up to Will anyway :)

Something I noticed reading a few posts back~ Coldplay is amazing. Yes. But they are not perfect. ETIAW may not be their greatest song. That doesn't matter. They experimented. Personally, I believe, as a musician myself, that experimentation is a brave thing to do. A song can't please everyone. If you think of music more like a piece of art than a track, it's easier to see it that way.

I agree completely. They are experimenting, and with all of the results, it's pretty good. I mean, look at where they were with Parachutes, it was pretty good, and now look where they are now. They are evolving, as much as I love the previous Coldplay eras, I can't wait for the next one. They really are trying to expand their horizons, and you can definitely see it.

Wasn't that Coldplay's rule? :|

Wow. Actually I'm not really sure now that you think about it. :thinking: I think I just attributed it to Eno because they didn't start using it until he started producing. I suppose it could be either and I actually I can't really say a whole lot. They didn't even follow the rule last time, regardless of who's it was. VlVoDaAHF was 45/46 minutes and 10 tracks with 3 other ones tacked on to the others, not 9 as they made the rule. :S :P