✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing: For the french kiss you see in the video?

Pretty much. For me they downgraded the everything with that move. They don't need to stick with the cheesy and endless stuff all the other bands and musicians have been doing time after time.

Pretty much. For me they downgraded the everything with that move. They don't need to stick with the cheesy and endless stuff all the other bands and musicians have been doing time after time.

That video was horrendous; and all the kissing wasn't the main issue. I remember watching it for the first time and just being lost for words. It was the worst in a long line of attempts to appeal to a new audience. You know, the kind of people who like Chris's new friends one direction and the likes. But of course most people on here probably think they were being artistic and evolutionary. Which is bullcrap.

They're responsible for some of the best music videos in history though so I don't mind a few hiccups as long as they don't continue this route. Pretty much like the music. If Atlas was any indication as to what we can expect, I'm optimistic.

I entirely agree with the rest of your post but not this part. Coldplay of today is in no way similar to the Coldplay of 2002. Their identity has changed dramatically and their only similarity to how they were 10 years ago is their line-up and the instruments they play.

I don't think a band has to be playing the same instruments to keep their identity. Look at Radiohead.

Jesus, it was a joke. "Offensive, insensitive, arrogant and narrow-minded?' Calm yourself down...

Oh and how 'bout reading the rest of that post where I say that Coldplay would probably make good-sounding electronica music, before cherry-picking the parts that best suit your egotistical rant?

Oh it was supposed to be funny, was it? Do excuse me for assuming that people might find a comment about whimsical suicide offensive and insensitive.

And despite urging me to read the rest of your post (which by the way, I think you mean another post, where you backtracked your "joke"), you haven't really read my response all that carefully. It's clear from my reply that I didn't find your "joke" particularly offensive, I just thought it was a pretty stupid thing to say that could upset other people. Some of us are more sensitive than others on here, so it's nice to be nice. Furthermore, "egotistical", would suggest that my comment was self-centred and absorbed in my own opinion; on the contrary, my "rant" was that we as fans don't know what's best for the band.

I think you're the one that needs to "calm down", as you put it. You said something silly, I jumped on it, end of. It's nothing personal.

shiver is just about four dudes playing so it's in my place, unoriginal and already seen before, talk is good but it's nothing special, etiaw has just an awesome editing but it's nothing special, yellow is just about a dude running and singing about the stars, lame, Clocks is just them playing and a crowd that doesn't have any reaction, it's a video that doesn't have nothing to do with the song, ALL the videos , apart from talk maybe, from the X&Y era are shit, especially The Hardest Part which is one of the worst videos ever made. Charlie Brown is good but it looks like a One Direction video, PoC has the shittiest editing ever and it's full of cultural mistakes, and do we need to talk about hurts like heaven? damn it's not an official video, it's an add for the comics, nothing more and i hate it, they even cut one of the guitar solos.

The only era they had without failing at videos was VLV, the only one that's is no sense is the first version of Viva La Vida, the Depeche Mode tribute one was better

shiver is just about four dudes playing so it's in my place, unoriginal and already seen before, talk is good but it's nothing special, etiaw has just an awesome editing but it's nothing special, yellow is just about a dude running and singing about the stars, lame, Clocks is just them playing and a crowd that doesn't have any reaction, it's a video that doesn't have nothing to do with the song, ALL the videos , apart from talk maybe, from the X&Y era are shit, especially The Hardest Part which is one of the worst videos ever made. Charlie Brown is good but it looks like a One Direction video, PoC has the shittiest editing ever and it's full of cultural mistakes, and do we need to talk about hurts like heaven? damn it's not an official video, it's an add for the comics, nothing more and i hate it, they even cut one of the guitar solos.

The only era they had without failing at videos was VLV, the only one that's is no sense is the first version of Viva La Vida, the Depeche Mode tribute one was better

Yeah I understand that these music videos are quite simple and have nothing special, but the word CRAP is too rude I think.

But I agree with you about X&Y era and PoC video.

yellow is about a really cute young man running (in an adorable way) and singing about the stars, awesome!
I fixed a couple of mistakes in your post :nice:

I personally love The Hardest Part video, I find that strange couple quite impressive. And you seem to have forgotten The Scientist in your post? and GPASUYF ?

I think their worst video was Bigger Stronger. I never get it. :lol:

I mean there is not a single piece of information about the album, so what the hell have we been talking about in 3000+ posts.

But hey, carry on...

This thread can mostly be summed up in a few choice quotes, that reflect the nature of the discussions conducted over the past few moths. Enjoy the memories, ladies and gents xxx

More acoustic and hard rock songs for LP6

That's what I would like to see on the next album.

I need Lp6 to be really acoustic no synthesizers!!

Y'know I'm not asking them to be Green Day mark 2.0 with a new version of American Idiot or whatever, but...

Acustic songs like Sparks and We Never Change and more guitar solo like Moving to Mars, HLH or In My Place!

Yeah... Um... It'd be quite rather interesting to see the boys go back to the Parachutes sound..

Oh god now! I'm not daying foo fighters are po punk or muse but they're rock which pop punk is part of :)

You don't call chocolate candy. You call chocolate chocolate.

You don't call Coldplay soft rock. You call Coldplay Coldplay.

Just Less Synths

More Jonny and more Will

Greater use of piano and guitar

Chris is in a midlife crises and doesn't know anymore the sense of good artist/bad artist.

dubstep? no

I like metal but most of its about deaths me drugs and swearing. How the hell will coldplay manage that :/