✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

Actually, it thought about it yesterday, that june is maybe a good moment to release.

There are rumours that Coldplay would perform at the Glastonbury festival 2014.

And Chris told on the Live 2012 DVD that they would love to release Mylo Xyloto at Glastonbury festival, but couldn't make it.

So, could it be that they will release at Glastonbury Festival?

No way, imo.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"the sounds are close to AROBTTH" sounds more like wishful thinking than anything, tbh. Everybody knows that most people would like Coldplay to sound closer to that album again. Meh.

Spring 2014 would also not be a surprise at all considering that they've been in the studio for a while now, and what Will had suggested indeed. Tbh I or any avid Coldplay fan could have written that, so I'd just wait for a more official source to confirm (or at least not deny) those rumours, before actually getting excited.

Original article:

Coldplay: un sixième album pourrait voir le jour plus tôt que prévu

Un nouvel album de Coldplay pourrait voir le jour dès le printemps prochain, a appris le Journal de Québec.

L’information qui a de quoi étonner puisque le chanteur Chris Martin avait laissé entendre que le groupe voulait prendre une pause de trois ans au terme de sa dernière tournée mondiale, qui a pris fin en décembre 2012, a été confirmée par leur étiquette de disques, Warner Music.

Bien que la date de sortie pourrait être repoussée, le plan A de Coldplay est de mettre sur le marché son sixième album studio en carrière dans les premiers mois de 2014, nous a-t-on indiqué chez Warner Music.

Martin, le bassiste Guy Berryman, le guitariste Jon Buckland et le batteur Will Champion se sont donc remis à l’ouvrage plus tôt que l’on croyait.

Peu d’information a filtré à propos de cet album. Will Champion avait déjà suggéré une sortie en 2014 sans donner plus de détails.

Titre plus facile

Dans une entrevue accordée à une station de radio australienne, Chris Martin a déclaré que le titre serait «beaucoup plus facile à prononcer» que le titre du précédent album du groupe, Mylo Xyloto.

Si Coldplay fait paraître un album ce printemps, on peut présumer qu’une tournée mondiale pourrait suivre rapidement.

À Québec, le nom de Coldplay fait l’objet de spéculations depuis plusieurs années en vue d’une présence au Festival d’été. L’organisation n’a d’ailleurs jamais caché son intérêt envers Coldplay et a même failli les convaincre de donner un concert sur les plaines d’Abraham au 400e.

Tous les grands festivals du monde seront cependant sur les rangs pour attirer la bande de Chris Martin si un nouveau spectacle est mis sur pied.

Nouvelle chanson

Les fans du groupe n’ont quand même pas eu à attendre pour profiter du matériel original. On peut entendre depuis septembre Atlas, une pièce enregistrée pour la bande originale du film The Hunger Games: L’embrasement.

Atlas a récemment remporté le prix de la meilleure chanson lors des Hollywood Film Awards, l’un des premiers galas de la saison des remises de prix du cinéma.

Plus de huit millions d’exemplaires de Mylo Xyloto ont été vendus dans le monde.

link

I'm a bit sceptical until I see an official confirmation from the record company or Coldplay.

Well, this media have always wrote speculation about Coldplay. I can assure you that this article is just speculation. They just hope that there will be a tour who will coincide with the festival dates.

Well, this media have always wrote speculation about Coldplay. I can assure you that this article is just speculation. They just hope that there will be a tour who will coincide with the festival dates.

Just what I thought, thank you :nice:

They are leaking out, at this very hour, several rumors on the web about the date of publication of the sixth and Coldplay's new album, scheduled for 2014.

Some rumors from Warner Music (the new 'owners' of the Parlophone, historical label of the English band) speak with the insistence of a 'highly likely' scheduled for publication in May 2014 (or at least June 2014).

It should therefore be the end of next spring before the deadline for the release of the new e-mail fatigue of Coldplay. Also because the same Chris Martin would have revealed that his hope is to get to next March with the tracks ready for the final mix, given that much of the work done so far is already in the barn with satisfactory results.

The new work is coming up, it seems, without any manufacturer, as the band wanted to take care of all aspects of the recording sessions on their own. Regarding the sound with which the new album is present, a welcome leaked rumor: the sounds are close to A Rush Of Blood To The Head, one of the more loved by fans all over the world.

It must be said, however, that other rumors postpone the date of publication in September 2014, in order to avoid the simultaneous combination in the charts of the sixth album by Coldplay with two highly anticipated album, which is scheduled for release next spring: that of the Elbow (band seguitissima UK) on sale from 10 March but, above all, that of U2, the more they confess to be released in April next year.

However, in all the offices of Warner Music in the world it is known that Coldplay will release their next album for sure in 2014. Get ready for a feverish waiting in the next few months!

This is the Google Translate rendition of my news on Coldplayzone.it... so.... ehm.... it's not the same news reported on Canoe.ca... so please Ian, give me at least a 'thank' :D:D:D

PS Of course, I can give you a better translation! :)

So it sounds like they are keeping it "in the family" for this album.

Produced by Coldplay, Dan Green and Rik Simpson...

sounds good to me.

Also IMHO I think that in the year 2014 U2's record label has more to worry about releasing a new album close to Coldplay's new album then the other way around... at this point I don't think Coldplay has to be intimidated by anyone release wise.

Not that it should matter because you know... people CAN buy more then one album in a month!

I would like to say: focus on making a great album and not on how to sell the most copies or to stay the longest in the charts/nr 1.. Quality over quantity please!

Does anyone honestly think they could just sit in a room and ponder how to be popular. :inquisitive: Like really. For real. In real life.

Does anyone honestly think they could just sit in a room and ponder how to be popular. :inquisitive: Like really. For real. In real life.

Music thats more commercial sells more.. Coldplays music now is more commercial than in 2003.. There music has changed so much.. adding a rnb singer thats very popular.. They do like big success.

Music thats more commercial sells more.. Coldplays music now is more commercial than in 2003.. There music has changed so much.. adding a rnb singer thats very popular.. They do like big success.
Yellow is just as commercial as Paradise though. Seriously.

I don't think that they make music just to sell it. They still love what they do and put their soul and love in it. The rumours that LP6 will have a similar sound to LP2, gives me really much hope. And, LP6 in may would mean first single in march? which is like in a little more then 3 months from now.

wow, 2014 is close.

I don't think that they make music just to sell it. They still love what they do and put their soul and love in it. The rumours that LP6 will have a similar sound to LP2, gives me really much hope. And, LP6 in may would mean first single in march? which is like in a little more then 3 months from now.

wow, 2014 is close.

No, I also don't think that's their intention. They like change, and they are influenced by more popular commercial music (Rihanna/jayz etc.). In the beginning Indie bands like Radiohead were there main influence.

But they are more commercial now anyway, that's how they come across, most people share that opinion. Not that it's a bad thing. I love the Viva album, which has a much bigger commercial sound. But at this point after Mylo it would be the perfect time to go back to the old Coldplay, back to there sober melancholic sound that just had such unique quality. Less para para polished music.

Yes, another a rush of blood album would be so brilliant!! 'fingers crossed'..