✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally wouldn't favour an unequivocal metal or even hard sounding album, but that's just me.

Each album has its own unique creative energy; one of the strengths of the band. I don't think I can say the creative direction has been lacking at all. For me 'Atlas' is a sign of good things to come as well.

How are we even on the topic of 'metal Coldplay'? I seriously doubt that they'd ever even come remotely close to creating anything akin to metal or hard rock music. If they did, drastic measures would have to be taken... And by drastic measures, I mean that I'd have to find every single demo of their new music and burn it so that they can't make it into LP6.

Yes and no. Not a change in style so much because they already change a lot from album to album, rather a different way of mixing and mastering. For instance, I love LIJ but I'd like to hear it remastered to make various sounds pop up more. That's why as much as they change they still sound the same, flat. Risk-taking is another topic. Sure it's preferable to be innovative but simplicity can be just as striking.

How are we even on the topic of 'metal Coldplay'? I seriously doubt that they'd ever even come remotely close to creating anything akin to metal or hard rock music. If they did, drastic measures would have to be taken... And by drastic measures, I mean that I'd have to find every single demo of their new music and burn it so that they can't make it into LP6.

why?! whats wrong with metal or heavy rock music?

Funny enough, as you guys might not know, the original idea of A Rush Of Blood To The Head was an heavy rock album and I'm not even joking

In 2001 they wanted to show the critics that they had balls, so they started recording heavier songs, but then they thought it was too immature so they changed and started recording what did feel right

So they have metal/heavy rock deep down in their soul, jut remember that Chris and Jonny are fan of Iron Maiden, Pantera and Rammstein, they are even friends with the last one

Funny enough, as you guys might not know, the original idea of A Rush Of Blood To The Head was an heavy rock album and I'm not even joking

In 2001 they wanted to show the critics that they had balls, so they started recording heavier songs, but then they thought it was too immature so they changed and started recording what did feel right

So they have metal/heavy rock deep down in their soul, jut remember that Chris and Jonny are fan of Iron Maiden, Pantera and Rammstein, they are even friends with the last one

Lots of bands have different tastes in music when compared to what they actually play. So just because Katy Perry likes M83 doesn't mean that she's gonna start making cinematic-sounding electronic/shoegaze music. I just thank god that they never made AROBTTH a heavy metal album...

It looks like you are describing what U2 did with Achtung Baby. Taking more risks and add some distortion to their sound. Did you mean that?

Yes and no. Not a change in style so much because they already change a lot from album to album, rather a different way of mixing and mastering. For instance, I love LIJ but I'd like to hear it remastered to make various sounds pop up more. That's why as much as they change they still sound the same, flat. Risk-taking is another topic. Sure it's preferable to be innovative but simplicity can be just as striking.

"It is tempting to call Reflektor Arcade Fire's answer to the Rolling Stones' 1972 double LP, Exile on Main Street. The similarities (length, churn, all that reverb) make it easy. But Reflektor is closer to turning-point classics such as U2's Achtung Baby� and Radiohead's Kid A – a thrilling act of risk and renewal by a band with established commercial appeal and a greater fear of the average, of merely being liked."

This is a Rolling Stone magazine's review of the new Arcade Fire album. I'm sure that this is exactly what you meant and the words you were looking for. Am I right?

Heavy rock and metal? Nothing. Heavy rock and metal for Coldplay? EVERYTHING

I actually think at this point in their career they need more songs like A Whisper, Politik and Daylight because of their edgier rock sound. I wouldn't mind heavy rock either because it both satisfies my taste and would shake off their sweet sugary teenager-in-love pop image

I'd love to have some more songs with guitar riffs like Strawberry Swing, the song has grown on me and it's one of my favourites of all time now!

I don't care what they will do. It may sound silly but they kind of brainwashed me in that way that I will always love what they do.

Everything with the coldplay feeling and Chris' voice will be awesome.

EXCEPT IF THEY ARE DOING ANOTHER COLLABORATION WITH SOMEONE LIKE RIRI.

The one era I was actually not to0 keen about was the MX era. It's grown on me over time, but I still think it's the band's weakest record. That's not to say that I don't like it; it's just my least favorite album from Coldplay (which pretty much means that it's still good :P).

As long as Coldplay continues to NOT become more generic-sounding (a la MX) and less pop-oriented, I'll be happy. I'd just like either a return to the band's roots (Parachutes) or to their more experimental, artistic, vibrant-sounding music (Viva la Vida). If they go with a more heavier-sounding quality with LP6, so be it. As long as we don't get another 'Paradise' or 'Princess of China'.

Oh, and I know that it's unlikely that any new Coldplay album will have the majority of it's sound come anywhere close to these previous releases, but a Coldplayer can dream right? :dazzled:

One good fact is that the boys are more in studio without Chris! You can see what happened on Viva when they did that!

actually no. that was after viva and for mylo. if that is any indication, that does not sound too good to me.

Is it me, or is there always someone who says, "I think this album will be their Achtung Baby"?

Coldplay don't need an Achtung Baby. The Joshua Tree was so overblown that it's influenced every single arena-rock band since: it's one of those albums you can't ignore, you either have to take it on board or discard it.

And Achtung Baby was a deliberate departure from this into a completely new, alien realm for the band. Do Coldplay really need to do that?

They evolve on each album enough as it is, really. They can do what they like and it'll always sound like Coldplay, all they really need to do is to set themselves some new challenges of songs they'd like to write, and just work them out. It doesn't need to be an Achtung Baby. There's nothing wrong with how they are at the moment.

It wouldn't surprise me if Atlas is similar to the new album: it's lushly produced but it's not exactly an embrace of a style or idea, is it? It's just... Coldplay. They'll no doubt find ways to push themselves on LP6 but people need to stop thinking in boxed ideas of the band sat round the studio saying "Which genres haven't we done yet, freeform jazz?"