✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the concept thing, I'd quite like it if some of the songs were linked, but not in an obvious way... sort of how Every Teardrop is referenced in Paradise.

But there's a song on Arctic Monkeys' AM, Knee Socks, that goes "You were stood in the corner with the coats all piled high, and I thought you might be mine" and it's sung with the same melody as R U Mine?. And on Fireside, the hotel suite that Al mentions is a reference to 505.

Alternately, Radiohead seem to focus a lot of their songs about depression on water. How to Disappear Completely is perhaps the most depression-based song, and it talks of floating helplessly down a river. Weird Fishes is more hopeful and talks of being "turned" at the bottom of the ocean, maybe someone's helping Thom reach the surface. And the all-the-more positive Codex talks more about a clear blue lake where the water's warm.

So what am I getting at? Well, a lot of Chris's lyrics you can write off as being a placeholder for the melody, but he's written an awful lot of concrete lyrics, about puzzles and missing pieces, perfect days at Strawberry Swing and cathedrals a-plenty. If he could tie up some of these ends, make sense of some of them, it not only makes the songs a bit more accessible, it rewards the true fans who've been there from the start.

For example, on Speed of Sound, he talked about birds in relation to birth, and it related to Apple being born. On Up With The Birds, he sang about birds singing "start again". It would make a nice opening track to talk about birds again, and would relate to whatever new direction the record could have.

:nod: And it's not just the lyrics, they can also do that with the sound. Like, the beginning of VH reminds me of the X&Y era, and I find that pretty cool.

Back to the concept thing, I'd quite like it if some of the songs were linked, but not in an obvious way... sort of how Every Teardrop is referenced in Paradise.

But there's a song on Arctic Monkeys' AM, Knee Socks, that goes "You were stood in the corner with the coats all piled high, and I thought you might be mine" and it's sung with the same melody as R U Mine?. And on Fireside, the hotel suite that Al mentions is a reference to 505.

Alternately, Radiohead seem to focus a lot of their songs about depression on water. How to Disappear Completely is perhaps the most depression-based song, and it talks of floating helplessly down a river. Weird Fishes is more hopeful and talks of being "turned" at the bottom of the ocean, maybe someone's helping Thom reach the surface. And the all-the-more positive Codex talks more about a clear blue lake where the water's warm.

So what am I getting at? Well, a lot of Chris's lyrics you can write off as being a placeholder for the melody, but he's written an awful lot of concrete lyrics, about puzzles and missing pieces, perfect days at Strawberry Swing and cathedrals a-plenty. If he could tie up some of these ends, make sense of some of them, it not only makes the songs a bit more accessible, it rewards the true fans who've been there from the start.

For example, on Speed of Sound, he talked about birds in relation to birth, and it related to Apple being born. On Up With The Birds, he sang about birds singing "start again". It would make a nice opening track to talk about birds again, and would relate to whatever new direction the record could have.

Very well thought out. It would be nice if Chris's lyrics were actually clever or thought-provoking for once. I mean. I don't want to sound harsh but I've never been too much a fan of Coldplay lyrics.

I JUST FUCKING WANT SOME NEWS LIKE "OK WE'VE WRITEN 38 SONGS AND ARE NOW CHOSING WHICH TO KEEP"

426.jpg

Roadie #42 - LP6 Blog

9 November 2013 6:57 pm

#42 tells us about the 38 songs Coldplay has written and the process of choosing which songs to keep

news_line.png

and I think Chris should just stay in london and stop to go to LA

That's a bit difficult since he's living in L.A. now.

426.jpg

Roadie #42 - LP6 Blog

9 November 2013 6:57 pm

#42 tells us about the 38 songs Coldplay has written and the process of choosing which songs to keep

news_line.png

That's a bit difficult since he's living in L.A. now.

OMG I just had a freaking mini-heart attack :shocked2:

But the rest of the band is in London, right? I don't see how that is gonna work.

He flies back and forth every once in a while, I guess that works for now.

OMG I just had a freaking mini-heart attack :shocked2:

Sorry! :lol:

Me too. So is this official Tash?

edit: Nevermind :lol:

I wish it was : (

I don't think they'll play as many songs as they did in the last festival tour, we'll probalby get only 2-3 this time

That's not so bad. I'd rather they only give us a few new ones so we can look forward to hearing the new songs on the album. That way they can play some oldies for the hardcore fans.

That's not so bad. I'd rather they only give us a few new ones so we can look forward to hearing the new songs on the album. That way they can play some oldies for the hardcore fans.

:nod: or also more recent "rarities" like GoW

I'd guess probably (if it is a twenty or so song gig) that they'd play

Yellow

Shiver

ENL

In My Place

the Scientist

Clocks

GPASUYF

Poltik

Fix You

TKC

Violet Hill

Lost! or Lovers in Japan

Viva

Strawberry Swing

Paradise

CB

ETIAW

MX/HLH, Major Minus, UATW

And we may or may not see Atlas

EDIT: and Christmas Lights. They better play Christmas lights.

But those are just my guesses :shrug:

I'd really love to see Dont Panic, Green Eyes, Warning Sign, Amsterdam, Speed of Sound (likely the acoustic version), Lit ii, 42, DAAHF, GoW, DLIBYH but I doubt they will play those. I hope I'm wrong though.