✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

I would love something more sperimental and underground but they are suckers for anthems so i don't think it's gonna happen

I agree. Even though everybody can question Chris Martin's lyrics, one cannot deny the fact that he is pretty good at melody (Clocks,Yellow, In My Place etc...) and sing-along choruses (Paradise, The Scientist, Fix You etc...). So, there's a big chance that he'll continue making songs with infectious melody. But that's fine with me I guess :)

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah I just hope he'll be a bit done with the singalong thing and make more songs for the fans again (so basically more personal songs), not a huge anonymous mass of people (trash like Princess of China). We need songs like the nostalgic Lukas, the stunning Chinese Sleep Chant, the totally chilling Famous old Painters, solid Animals, just perfect Death and all his Friends AND The Escapist, maybe Life in Technicolor or Rainy Day or Prospekt's March & the beautiful Poppyfields, the enchanting Reign of Love and the very real anthem Now my Feet won't touch the Ground.....

Nah[/size][/b] I just hope he'll be a bit done with the singalong thing and make more songs for the fans again (so basically more personal songs), not a huge anonymous mass of people .
Expect being disappointed, then. I think Coldplay love big anthems, and I don't think they target people either, because that's the job of marketers, not musicians. I'm sorry but I just hate it when people say that Coldplay makes one sort of music or song for one sort of people. I just don't believe that it is their approach at all.

I agree that I'd love to hear more personal, intimate songs. Not because I'm a Coldplay fan, but because I generally like songs I can relate to the way I do with Til Kingdom Come for instance.

Really looking forward to anything new. I trust them to surprise us, of course, but I won't be expecting anything that cannot be played to 50 000 people, whether those people are hardcore fans or people who've never heard them before.

Nah[/size][/b] I just hope he'll be a bit done with the singalong thing and make more songs for the fans again (so basically more personal songs), not a huge anonymous mass of people (trash like Princess of China). We need songs like the nostalgic Lukas, the stunning Chinese Sleep Chant, the totally chilling Famous old Painters, solid Animals, just perfect Death and all his Friends AND The Escapist, maybe Life in Technicolor or Rainy Day or Prospekt's March & the beautiful Poppyfields, the enchanting Reign of Love and the very real anthem Now my Feet won't touch the Ground.....

So.... Viva era stuff. :lol:

I'm sorry but I just hate it when people say that Coldplay makes one sort of music or song for one sort of people.

There is always a target market. This goes not only for Coldplay, not only for any other band but also for every form of media. They are not stupid, they knew damn well that recording a song with Rihanna was gonna upset a lot of fans. It was purely commercial. And who knows, was it their fault or not?

It's not a marketing thing to write big anthems, they're the ones that work best in the arenas that Coldplay perform. It doesn't mean it's not good music, and it doesn't mean that they won't include songs like Up In Flames and Up With The Birds to balance the album.

It needs to be accepted though, as Celine touched upon, that whatever they do is going to sound like Coldplay. They could record acid jazz and it would still be comparable to Fix You, somehow. Which is a fantastic thing, to have such a strong band identity. If that's not your thing though, there are bands out there, like Arcade Fire, who Aschall rightly points to as being on another level from most artists today.

To say "I might have to consider committing suicide" over an electronica effort though is not only mildly offensive and insensitive, it's arrogant and narrow-minded. The band know better than any of us which direction to move in: they've been putting every drop of creativity into Coldplay for what, fifteen years? They have the right to do whatever they want, electronica or no electronica. Sorry.

For me they don't have to rush with this album. The Xyloto tour isn't even that far behind. Whatever the musical direction will be, I think we might have to wait until at least late 2014. We have practically almost zero information about it all..only that it will be carbon neutral or something? That's not much.

It needs to be accepted though, as Celine touched upon, that whatever they do is going to sound like Coldplay. They could record acid jazz and it would still be comparable to Fix You, somehow. Which is a fantastic thing, to have such a strong band identity.

I entirely agree with the rest of your post but not this part. Coldplay of today is in no way similar to the Coldplay of 2002. Their identity has changed dramatically and their only similarity to how they were 10 years ago is their line-up and the instruments they play.

For me they don't have to rush with this album. The Xyloto tour isn't even that far behind. Whatever the musical direction will be, I think we might have to wait until at least late 2014. We have practically almost zero information about it all..only that it will be carbon neutral or something? That's not much.

I would be happy with a 2015/16 release. Would be nice if they REALLY took their time with this one!

Who cares how the album will sound!

All I care about is hair. I want this for official Chris Martin LP6 hair. :angry:

Justin-Bieber.jpg

hahaha thank you so much you cracked me up :lol:

I entirely agree with the rest of your post but not this part. Coldplay of today is in no way similar to the Coldplay of 2002. Their identity has changed dramatically and their only similarity to how they were 10 years ago is their line-up and the instruments they play.

My sister told me that Princess of China sounds like a Coldplay song, which is something that would surprise many many fans, as we've seen on the forum. Everyone I know would say that the singles on VLV clearly have this Coldplay identity. As fans, we see the evolution, but when casual listeners can recognize that it's Coldplay, I think that's where you know they have their own unique sound, and that they can't help to put it everywhere.

To say "I might have to consider committing suicide" over an electronica effort though is not only mildly offensive and insensitive, it's arrogant and narrow-minded. The band know better than any of us which direction to move in: they've been putting every drop of creativity into Coldplay for what, fifteen years? They have the right to do whatever they want, electronica or no electronica. Sorry.

Jesus, it was a joke. "Offensive, insensitive, arrogant and narrow-minded?' Calm yourself down...

Oh and how 'bout reading the rest of that post where I say that Coldplay would probably make good-sounding electronica music, before cherry-picking the parts that best suit your egotistical rant?

My sister told me that Princess of China sounds like a Coldplay song, which is something that would surprise many many fans, as we've seen on the forum. Everyone I know would say that the singles on VLV clearly have this Coldplay identity. As fans, we see the evolution, but when casual listeners can recognize that it's Coldplay, I think that's where you know they have their own unique sound, and that they can't help to put it everywhere.

Well your sis might be right. PoC has been discussed so many times with disgust (me too because I started the very 'PoC: worst song ever?' thread) that maybe we forget that, when you first hear it, it does sound like Coldplay. For me it even did, when I heard the first live version when there was no sign of 'The Big Coldplay Sin' (Rihanna) yet.

Well your sis might be right. PoC has been discussed so many times with disgust (me too because I started the very 'PoC: worst song ever?' thread) that maybe we forget that, when you first hear it, it does sound like Coldplay. For me it even did, when I heard the first live version when there was no sign of 'The Big Coldplay Sin' (Rihanna) yet.

I remember when I first heard that live version of PoC. It got me so freakin hyped. It just seemed so much better then than what it turned out to be. :\