✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just.... I dunno. I look at what Arcade Fire is doing right now and I ask myself, "Will Coldplay ever be this good?" I mean.... uggh. I don't know how to explain it. I just don't see Coldplay ever being on their level and it's... sad. :/

Maybe it's just because I'm so hyped for Reflektor but... I don't know.

I'll always love Coldplay and they'll always be the best performers in my book, but I don't think they're talented enough to create anything as deep and meaningful as other artists are capable of making.

I respectfully have to disagree, 100%. I love Arcade Fire's first three albums, but from what I've heard of Reflektor so far, it's a total departure from their previous work, and I may be in the minority here, but I really don't like their new stuff.

While Mylo Xyloto wasn't up to the standards of Coldplay's previous works, I think they still might have another ARoBttH or Viva la Vida somewhere down the line... And yes, Arcade Fire's music is lyrically complex and gorgeous, (the Suburbs has to have my all time favorite lyrics of any album, ever.) but I think that Coldplay easily give them a run for their money, think 42, U.F.O., Trouble, Death and All His Friends, Viva la Vida, Don't Panic, Talk...I could go on and on...

I don't know, that's just my two cents. Anyway, I'll suspend judgement for Reflektor until I hear the album in it's entirety.

^ I see your stance and agree with most of it. I think I'm just going through a phase.

Anywho... LP6 I believe will at least be better than MX, and even if it isn't, I'd still look forward to seeing them live again.

I agree :) And YEEESSSSS! I want to see them live so much!!!!

I mean, at least that will always be a constant. CP will always kick ass live.

My three major criteria for liking a band is as follows:

1) Overall quality of music

2) Diversity from album to album

3) Ability to perform

They usually knock 2 and 3 out of the park. 1 varies a little bit.

just to let you know Reflektor leaked, so you can try and see if your hype matched up. Spoiler: It sounds like arcade fire, however going through a phase - as you may be going through yourself. Ah such is life though haha. Maybe you'll love it though, and i'm happy for you if so.

I respectfully disagree with your approach. Comparing Coldplay and Arcade Fire isn't an argument I can even comprehend. Each have their distinctive successes and downsides, but it's not striking a tone with me. Coldplay knocks 1, 2, and 3 out of the park, (a vast majority of the time) for me - and my opinion is their musical approach is getting better with age because they haven't forgotten who they are. And that's not saying AF hasn't forgotten who they are - in fact quite the opposite. Who knows, we'll see what Reflektor brings after a few days of listening.

But, with great anticipation, I'll be happy to see them both live (especially coldplay... because coldplay ... ohhhhhyes.

HOLY SHIT WILL WE EVER GET ANY NEWS ON LP6 IM SO FUCKING DEAD IVE WAITED SEASON AFTER SEASON FOR LP6 IM DYING CHRIS! WE NEED YOU TO FIX US. PLEASE COLDPLAY GETS ME THROUGH THE DAY I NEED NEW MUSIC AHHHHH IM DEAD PLEASE CHRIS!

That's better!

HOLY SHIT WILL WE EVER GET ANY NEWS ON LP6 IM SO FUCKING DEAD IVE WAITED SEASON AFTER SEASON FOR LP6 IM DYING CHRIS! WE NEED YOU TO FIX US. PLEASE COLDPLAY GETS ME THROUGH THE DAY I NEED NEW MUSIC AHHHHH IM DEAD PLEASE CHRIS![/font][/color][/size]

white people

HOLY SHIT WILL WE EVER GET ANY NEWS ON LP6 IM SO FUCKING DEAD IVE WAITED SEASON AFTER SEASON FOR LP6 IM DYING CHRIS! WE NEED YOU TO FIX US. PLEASE COLDPLAY GETS ME THROUGH THE DAY I NEED NEW MUSIC AHHHHH IM DEAD PLEASE CHRIS![/font][/size]

I think I got your point. :lol:

I think there's two directions Coldplay could go. Back to the basic, straight forward, and raw soft rock that made them famous.... or full out electronica, Coldplay-style of course.

If the latter happens, I might have to consider committing suicide...

What would be so bad about an electronica album?

Not a big fan of electronica to begin with, but Coldplay-electronica is a complete departure from what I'd like to hear from them. On the other hand, I have absolutely no say on the matter, and if they did make an electronica album with their own unique spin it might be really good...