LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld

I wonder who they plan on working with in production for the next album? I'd quite like to see Brian Eno and Jon Hopkins with a real hands on role for the next one.

Even if they already had a batch of songs in their mind, they could easily be scratched at some point and they'd start all over again. Anything's possible,yeah, but the most realistic thinking is that the new album won't come that soon after MX. The point of the whole story is that they're not quitting yet, I think, not that we will have the album this Christmas.

Is the possibility of another concept album a valid possibility? Considering art-rock Viva and concept album Mylo, I think these guys are heading in a general direction.

Can you explain me what you mean with general direction?

About possibilities, another expirimental album is a possibility, to finish the 2nd trilogy.

I see Viva as conceptual too, I mean it's not a "pop opera" like MX but the lyrics are linked by general themes and the whole thing is a unit. So I guess we can expect a third concept album to finish a "trilogy".

Yeah, same. Viva has a story too. And a third concept album would be good.

Coldplay: What To Expect On Chris Martin & Co.'s Next Album

post_50b90e64d27707.67693069.jpg?v19

Despite rumors to the contrary, Coldplay will not, in fact, be taking a three-year break now that they've finished their extensive world tour behind last year's Mylo Xyloto. (As clarified by NME, Chris Martin recently told an Australian audience that they'd be away for three years. Translation: it'll be another three years before Coldplay writes, records, releases a new album and then makes it back down under on their next tour. Isn't all that confusing to me, but whatever, shrug.)

Instead, the band will head back into the studio to begin work on their sixth and definitely easier to pronounce album. In the meantime, the inevitable guessing game begins: where can Martin & Co. take their ever-changing sound next? Even deeper into the dense modern pop textures of Mylo Xyloto, or back to the lush post-Britpop acoustics of their early work? Let's weigh a few possibilities…

cotc5.jpg%20%20

Mylo Xyloto Part Deux: Electric Boogaloo: Coldplay bets all their aesthetic chips on the plush, neon-colored sugary pop goodness that populated their last album. We're talking duets with Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, Chris Brown, T-Pain, Lil Wayne… the whole works.

Likelihood: For better or worse, Coldplay hasn't stuck with one particular sound from album to album. Sure, X&Y was maybe a semi-watered down Rush Of Blood To The Head… so it's possible they'll retain some of the "Princess Of China" sheen of Mylo Xyloto on their next release. But a "not broke, don't fix it" follow-up seems unlikely.

Verdict: Nah.

11bs0gh.jpg

The proper follow-up to Parachutes that old school curmudgeons keep screaming for: Coldplay gives the keyboards and day-glo wristbands a rest and returns to the densely introspective, gray afternoon on an even grayer beach style of their acclaimed debut album.

Likelihood: As much as I'd kill to hear Chris Martin write songs like "High Speed" and "We Never Change" again, I don't think that a return to the sadder, quieter side of Coldplay would bode well with the band's arena-flocking, hands in the air audience. Wishful thinking, but well, yeah.

Verdict: If only.

9lltmg.jpg

An entirely new direction that none of us saw coming: Coldplay defy all conceivable expectations and invent an entirely brand new sound that will alienate most fans and call down buckets of "hail, hail!" from the band's cynical critics. Folk-step? Jazz-DM? Cabaret-metal? The possibilities are (unfortunately) endless.

Likelihood: I wouldn't hold my breath for anything so drastic, but it's very likely (and appropriate) that Coldplay would want to make a major step forward or to the left or right of the last album's sound into something entirely different. Mylo Xyloto brought them, I think, to a major stylistic crossroads—they can go anywhere they want to from here, and the opportunity to surprise and confound will, I expect, prove too enticing.

Verdict: upwards-leaning "Eh."

2e5s7kh.jpg

A "classicist" Coldplay album that incorporates both old and new styles while maintaining the same lyrical, melodic and sonic elements that has made each of their previous records sound Coldplay-esque: Um, yeah, what he said.

Likelihood: Very. Honestly, does Chris Martin have any need or desire to reinvent the wheel? Wouldn't it be great to just hear a "proper" Coldplay record again? One with the immediately classic songs of Rush Of Blood paired with the experimental twitch of Viva La Vida and crossover appeal of Mylo Xyloto?

Verdict: Yes, please!

link

:laugh3:

Likelihood: Very. Honestly, does Chris Martin have any need or desire to reinvent the wheel? Wouldn't it be great to just hear a "proper" Coldplay record again? One with the immediately classic songs of Rush Of Blood paired with the experimental twitch of Viva La Vida and crossover appeal of Mylo Xyloto?

This.

I'd love it if they go all minimalist next, like Bowie did with 'Low'. Remember that 'Famous Old Painters' instrumental? I loved that. Also Up With The Birds, when you think about it, is an amazing experimental song for them to end MX (Rihanna, hip-hop drums) on. I hope they take these things as their next port of call :/

New Coldplay 6th Album?

So, first there were rumors that Coldplay was going to be on a three-year hiatus. Now, Chris Martin has recently said that he is already writing new songs for a 6th album, and is so pumped about the band's future. I've even seen that they may begin recording some of these songs within the next month or so. What do you guys think about a 6th album? And, what do you want the album to sound like/what theme(s)?

Here'a the link that I got this information from: http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/music/coldplay-s-sixth-album-on-the-way-chris-martin_123750.htm

So, first there were rumors that Coldplay was going to be on a three-year hiatus. Now, Chris Martin has recently said that he is already writing new songs for a 6th album, and is so pumped about the band's future. I've even seen that they may begin recording some of these songs within the next month or so. What do you guys think about a 6th album? And, what do you want the album to sound like/what theme(s)?

Here'a the link that I got this information from: http://zeenews.india.com/entertainment/music/coldplay-s-sixth-album-on-the-way-chris-martin_123750.htm

Threads merged.