✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should go in the direction of Lukas, Famous Old Painters, Up With The Birds, that We Found Love cover from Radio 1, next. That semi-acoustic stripped-back style really suits them and is still sunny and pop-sounding while being technical and clever like Viva era. The Prospekt's March EP was masterstroke, IMO.
That would be a lovely direction to take, the problem is to transfer that into huge epic shows in stadiums and arenas.

I think they should go in the direction of Lukas, Famous Old Painters, Up With The Birds, that We Found Love cover from Radio 1, next. That semi-acoustic stripped-back style really suits them and is still sunny and pop-sounding while being technical and clever like Viva era. The Prospekt's March EP was masterstroke, IMO.

That would be so awesome. And next tour not playing in huge stadium and arenas.

But in smaller venues and then two nights at the same venue so that everyone has a chance to see them.

Coldplay - Kylie Lhuna - YouTube[/url]

I want this style for LP6.

Lhuna is a great song. But i think a whole album in that style would make them a real Radiohead 2.

OMG after listening to Lhuna again for quite some time, don't you think it sounds a lot like Adele's Skyfall?? It could easily be a Bond song...

Edit: So I edited a James Bond trailer and I put Lhuna there instead of Skyfall

I have to say it fits very well! They should have chosen Lhuna :P

That would be a lovely direction to take, the problem is to transfer that into huge epic shows in stadiums and arenas.

So I was seeing Live 2003, and they make every song sound huge on that DVD, there wouldn't be a problem for them to make softer songs sound exciting on stadiums.

I agree with this. I thought Eno has the biggest influence on Mylo Xyloto.

Why do they have that much producers?

If he did, his influence would have been subconscious, as he was not present for a lot of the writing and recording sessions. His influence is there, but nowhere near as strong as in Viva la Vida.

As far as their producers are concerned, they have so many producers for various reasons. Eno and Dravs play a larger role in helping Coldplay shape their music, but Dravs plays an engineering role as well. Then there is Rik Simpson, who is one of their chief engineers (for mixing), as well as Dan Green, who's also an engineer. When it comes to engineering music, the more people on board, the better, as you have more ears available to pick out things that a single person may not hear (this isn't always the case, but it's a decent idea to follow). Let's not forget Jon Hopkins, who played a small role in Mylo Xyloto with his own musical skills as well as his producer abilities. He also played a smaller role in Mylo Xyloto than in Viva la Vida.

I think it may be best if Hopkins and Eno took a more prevalent role again as with Viva la Vida so that the band will constantly be pushed to perfection instead of only having that subconscious, mental reminder that they had for Mylo Xyloto.

yes please

Thats interesting, i actually thought about that too. I was also thinking how similar Gravity to sounds to MX in some ways, when you listen to it now its like a mixture of the old and new. I don't think they'll ever do anything like that again but it would be interesting to try and blend things together.

:no: several songs, sure, but please not a whole album of that atmosphere :sad:

OMG after listening to Luna again for quite some time, don't you think it sounds a lot like Adele's Skyfall?? It could easily be a Bond song...
And this omg I just realized that. It does sound like Skyfall!