✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, my god, I JUST now noticed Nikola's avatar :laugh3:.

Wow. Nikola, I salute you.

Ummmmmmmm, yeah, I want to hear this.

We were talking a bit in the U2 thread and I said I like it when Coldplay tap into their darker side, so yes, if they were to do a darker, more rock-sounding album, I'd be very, very curious to hear how that would turn out.

I think that would be so awesome, imagine a Spies-Politik-GPSAUYF-Talk-Cemeteries Of London- 42 - Violet Hill - Major Minus sounding album, damn I would love that!

I think that would be so awesome, imagine a Spies-Politik-GPSAUYF-Talk-Cemeteries Of London- 42 - Violet Hill - Major Minus sounding album, damn I would love that!

:nod: Me, too. Throw in some weird, sad with a hint of hope type of lyrical content a la "A Rush of Blood..." (the song) and "Amsterdam" and we'd be good to go.

I like the idea of it being a counterpart to Mylo Xyloto, too. That'd be a very interesting way to continue and contrast the theme of that album.

I think everybody agrees with that. :nod:

But they don't have to be sad to sound like that. MOAR BADASS! :singer::drummer::guitarist: Bullet da blue sky woohoooo bullet da blue...

Hmm apparently CP sounds the rockiest when they talk about politics (Politik/Violet Hill/Major Minus). :thinking:

I only mentioned "sad" because of "Amsterdam" :p. Not the happiest of lyrical content in that song, for the most part.

But yeah, angry is good. I'm all for angry.

They did make their best songs when they were "sad", but I just don't want another "sad Coldplay album".

I'm glad they found their "Paradise" and that they're living "Life In Technicolor" but MX is too cute, that's why I repeatedly say I want them more badass. :cool4:

Angry is good. Angry is smexy. :Guystaringsexily:

Guest howyousawtheworld

You know I would love Coldplay to make a full on rock album. A few shoegazing tracks (Chinese Sleep Chant - What a tune) would be awesome. Coldplay shouldn't stoop to appealing to the hipsters because that's a part of what makes me like them but they should not overlook the great job they did on Chinese Sleep Chant. Pulling of a shoegaze track in the vein of My Bloody Valentine is not a thing many bands have attempted to try and do successfully but they did so with flying colours.

Also they shouldn't be afraid of going political like in Violet Hill, Politik, etc. In fact two of my favourite Coldplay lyrics are 'when the future's architectured by a carnival of idiots on show' and Glass of Water's 'television selling plastic figurines of leaders saying nothing at all'. So so true of today's political leaders isn't it?

I'd love to hear a really dark album too! And like Tomson101 said, it would work very well as a Mylo Xyloto type album. Maybe take place in a post apocalyptic world, caused by the major minus characters in MX. Just a thought....

You're talking a Mylo Xyloto II?, That might happen

They haven't released a sequel album in their run, as far i'm concerned

I was just listening to Viva and realised that it's just a masterpiece, I hope they try to meke soething better than MX next time...not that I hate it, it's just not as good as Viva and Rush

Yeah.

I have a feeling LP6 will be a great one. Just by going by odds and evens:

Parachutes > X&Y > Mylo Xyloto are generally Coldplay's most generally disliked albums.

A Rush of Blood to The Head > Viva La Vida are probably the two highest rated albums amongst fans.

I'm not going by their history all together, but I have a weird gut feeling that it will be much, much better than Mylo Xyloto.

Yeah.

Parachutes > X&Y > Mylo Xyloto are generally Coldplay's most generally disliked albums.

A Rush of Blood to The Head > Viva La Vida are probably the two highest rated albums amongst fans.

I'm not going by their history all together, but I have a weird gut feeling that it will be much, much better than Mylo Xyloto.

Oh, my god, I had that EXACT same thought :p. Though I'd personally say Parachutes is a little better received of the three listed there. Its worst complaint seems to be that it's samey and rather boring (samey, yes, but I wouldn't say boring myself). Otherwise, usually it's at least considered "good" if not "great".

But anywho, yeah, you're pretty well spot on with that assessment/prediction.

Yeah.

Let's hope it actually will be much better, althoug I love MX but it hasn't the quality of AROBTTH and VLVODAAHF.

Mylo Xyloto's great, but this era generally doesn't feel as revolutionary as the last one. Which is logical when you consider they couldn't go through a bigger change than X&Y to Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends. There was a huge difference in the sound and that's why we're not at all surprised at what they're trying with Mylo; yes, some songs sound strangely new (Princess, Up With the Birds), but mostly they're influenced by R&B and hip hop beats, which is mainstream and more easy to like. Viva was more eager to give you an adventure.

Coldplay themselves wouldn't even be thinking about LP6 yet. No need to worry about it now.

I am certain they'll go in a different direction again and may even try something they haven't done before. Bands tend to experiment with their sound when they get a bit older.

• 2 weeks later...