✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ They seem so vibrant and determined to make music now more than ever!

Sure Chris said that "bands shouldn't keep going past the age of 33" but he ate his words.

They can go on doing what they're doing at least until they're 40. Why not even 50? Look at U2 and Madonna...

He said that when he was about 29,lol. The older you get, the longer you seem to be able to keep going.:)

Well, although it's WAY to early to be waiting, I will say this. Eno did some great things with them on VLV, but I hope they part company for the next album. I think it's time they explored working with different producers.

My personal dream would be Daniel Lanois...and hell, Eno can come back in that case,lol. They're a good team.:)

-No Brian Eno

-No strange hip-hop/R&B inspirations

-A little bit of electronic

-A lot of piano

-Jon Buckland

that's all to make a good album.

I don't mind if they do (an)other song(s) hip-hop-inspired as long as the sort of sound they can achieve with it is important to what they want to express in that song. I think hip-hop and R&B are not bad in themselves, it is just a pity that probably a lot of people who do this kind of music (that I'm aware of, of course) can just come up with catchy but souless sh**.

I do agree with the no Eno part though. I think he's played a very important role, but it's time to move on. And I definitely agree with the Jon Buckland part. He is a very talented guitar player and I feel he has so much potential to further explore.

I'd add also more Guy Berryman. I think he stands out a lot in Mylo Xyloto and this is such a great contribution to the tracks.

Another thing would be no weird drum sounds like that in the background of Lost!. I really like that song, but I just prefer the acoustic version in the I heart radio performance without that thing.

I think now that they've grabbed everyone's attention with the vibrant and exciting MX, they should focus on making a serious rock album. Sort of like the sounds of U2, Oasis, Blur, Radiohead, Muse and Pink Floyd all rolled in to one. :wacky:

Also, I agree they should go without Eno. He's taught them everything they need to know and now it's time for them to grow up and leave the nest. Of course, if they screw up big time I'm sure they could just go crawling back to him and do another MX.

Maybe a Hip-Hop album could be it. We really dont know

We need a Double Album or at least make it longer than X&Y (60 something minutes, 100 minutes would be awesome)

Imagine how funny it would be to have a whole album of Chris rapping. :wink3:

But, dont worry its not going to happen

They could always go back to their roots though.

Maybe a Hip-Hop album could be it. We really dont know

We need a Double Album or at least make it longer than X&Y (60 something minutes, 100 minutes would be awesome)

Imagine how funny it would be to have a whole album of Chris rapping. :wink3:

But, dont worry its not going to happen

They could always go back to their roots though.

That would make me SO happy!:)

I doubt we'll get a 60-100 minute album since they believe in keeping their albums short. But I'd be willing to 'settle' for a 42-minute each double album. ;)

Guest howyousawtheworld

An album fully produced by Brian Eno or/and Jon Hopkins. They would make sure of Coldplay's progression. A step back to the old days would be the beginning of the end for Coldplay I'm afraid. It would be a real form of defeatism.

An album fully produced by Brian Eno or/and Jon Hopkins. They would make sure of Coldplay's progression. A step back to the old days would be the beginning of the end for Coldplay I'm afraid. It would be a real form of defeatism.

That depends. I wouldn't want them to re-make their first two albums, much as I love them both. But with all they've learned from their last two, I think a more 'down to earth' album without so many bells and whistles could be epic. I'd like to see themm continue to expand their songwriting, but I don't think they need even more layers of synths and (grrr,lol) hip-hop rhythms to do that.

That depends. I wouldn't want them to re-make their first two albums, much as I love them both. But with all they've learned from their last two, I think a more 'down to earth' album without so many bells and whistles could be epic. I'd like to see themm continue to expand their songwriting, but I don't think they need even more layers of synths and (grrr,lol) hip-hop rhythms to do that.

I quite agree. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I want an ambient album :nod:

I thik they should make a dark-electronic Depeche Mode-esque album :wacky:

Y R U allowed to speak? :snobby:

But seriously, SOME ambient elements and SOME electronic sounds is OK. MX is already too much (for most people).

I like Eno's ambient touches on The Unforgettable Fire.

Coldplay's long awaited LP6:

"The Unreleased Tracks 1999-2012"

© Capitol Records 2012

Never gonna happen.

Y R U allowed to speak? :snobby:

But seriously, SOME ambient elements and SOME electronic sounds is OK. MX is already too much (for most people).

I like Eno's ambient touches on The Unforgettable Fire.

Never gonna happen.

*stares at Nikola's avi*

Uh...I think you're right when you...

*ogles Nikola's avi*

...when you say...the thing with the...

*gawks at Nikola's avi*

Yeah...sure...:dazzled:

Oh, my god, I JUST now noticed Nikola's avatar :laugh3:.

Wow. Nikola, I salute you.

I think now that they've grabbed everyone's attention with the vibrant and exciting MX, they should focus on making a serious rock album. Sort of like the sounds of U2, Oasis, Blur, Radiohead, Muse and Pink Floyd all rolled in to one. :wacky:

Ummmmmmmm, yeah, I want to hear this.

We were talking a bit in the U2 thread and I said I like it when Coldplay tap into their darker side, so yes, if they were to do a darker, more rock-sounding album, I'd be very, very curious to hear how that would turn out.