✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sound kind of forced in the album, but no joke, the first time I heard coldplay (outside of hearing them on the radio), it was Mylo Xyloto being played at Glastonbury on youtube. It was what hooked me onto coldplay. It was brilliant.

It sound kind of forced in the album, but no joke, the first time I heard coldplay (outside of hearing them on the radio), it was Mylo Xyloto being played at Glastonbury on youtube. It was what hooked me onto coldplay. It was brilliant.

For someone who loves the early stuff so much, it's surprising that you got into them so late.

I got into them circa 2008. I love Rush, but Viva's my favourite album by a mile; I'd take post-trilogy Coldplay over pre-trilogy Coldplay any day :P

I'm cool with MX, but I really hope they head in a different direction than that on LP6. I know I sound like a broken record, but I want a Rush/Viva/X&Y mash-up. I want the freshness of Rush, the emotional journey of X & Y, and the game-changer of Viva, all rolled into one. .... I'm still not thrilled that MX didn't take a more acoustic route. I want the next album to give me the same feeling I felt the first time I heard the other 4 albums prior to it-pure euphoria! MX was good, but it didn't resonate with me the first time I heard the whole album and I had to grow to love some songs( I stress some because the first time I heard UATW and UFO I was loving those!) ...At this point, I'm excited to see what comes next.

I'm an admitted Coldplay apologist, I love each album for very different reasons. I got into them in 2000, so it's been awesome to watch the band evolve over the years. I can never really guess which direction they will go in with each album. While, I LOVE the triology, and would be happy for the band's new LP to be a more stripped down album, I admit that I loved VLV and a few of the MX songs (Charlie Brown and Major Minus, in particular) are in my top tier of favorites. So, if they chose to go a direction similar to that, I would support them 100%!

I just can't wait to see what they will come out with next, it makes me giddy to even think about!!!

I'd take post-trilogy Coldplay over pre-trilogy Coldplay any day :P

While, I LOVE the triology, and would be happy for the band's new LP to be a more stripped down album, I admit that I loved VLV and a few of the MX songs (Charlie Brown and Major Minus, in particular) are in my top tier of favorites.

When did the Coldplay trilogy become a thing?

Definitely. I get the feeling that they aren't very proud of X & Y. Jonny mentioned in the mx film that they have been improving since 2005 (year of X & Y release).

Viva proved to be a major departure from the style of the first three albums.

I think MX is the album X&Y wanted to be. I think, I hope we'll see some of those demons exorcised on LP6; longer songs again, a slightly spacey feel on a couple of tracks, playing with synths on slower moments… just because it wasn't a good album doesn't mean there isn't a lot to take from it.

I think the guys should try non only different genres but different techniques, like a different way to play guitar, new pedals, things like that

Definitely new pedals. If you listen to the way that bands like Foals, Tame Impala, the Antlers, and they way they mix it up guitar-wise, it's a very "in" thing to do; could work for Coldplay.

For someone who loves the early stuff so much, it's surprising that you got into them so late.

I got into them circa 2008. I love Rush, but Viva's my favourite album by a mile; I'd take post-trilogy Coldplay over pre-trilogy Coldplay any day :P

Viva La Vida is actually my favorite album, just a tiny inch ahead of Rush. Only because it doesn't have a weak song in it and Rush has Green eyes. But yeah, I only started listened to Coldplay because I had heard Paradise at the gym I was going to and I thought it was a good song. Not many thirteen year old males at the time were listening to Coldplay at the time, so I never was introduced to them. I sort of had to fall on the.

Viva La Vida is actually my favorite album, just a tiny inch ahead of Rush. Only because it doesn't have a weak song in it and Rush has Green eyes. But yeah, I only started listened to Coldplay because I had heard Paradise at the gym I was going to and I thought it was a good song. Not many thirteen year old males at the time were listening to Coldplay at the time, so I never was introduced to them. I sort of had to fall on the.

green eyes is actually a good acoustic song

Green Eyes a weak song, please tell me you're joking? :inquisitive:

I like Green eyes! In my opinion Cemeteries of London is more weak.

^ This verse is the main reason why i love Cemetries of London, actually. I like this song very much, they really managed to create an atmosphere, however i somehow always forget about this song, you know ? It's not the one that stroke me most in VLV&DAAHF, but that small part of the lyrics is definitely powerful.

edit: damn i was about to do some homework but now i want to listen to it :angry:

Cemetries of London is, imo, the strongest Coldplay song

Also one my favourites

"God is in the houses and God is in my head

And all the cemeteries in London

I see God come in my garden, but I don't know what he said

For my heart it wasn't open"

Ok, that verse is great, but I don't like the lalalalala-part. :lol:

OMG I love A Whisper. I read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban from beginning to end listening to it. This song became like a theme of this book for me.

Weak songs (as I see them):

Parachutes: High Speed.

A Rush Of Blood to the Head: Daylight; A Rush of Blood to the Head (I love it though).

X&Y: Low, Swallowed in the Sea, Twisted Logic (I guess this is the only Coldplay song I dislike entirely).

Viva La Vida or Death and all His Friends: Reign of Love.

Mylo Xyloto: Up in Flames.