✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

I think that a sound like The Joy Formidable or Arcade Fire would define exactly what I want of the new album and I'm pretty sure that it would be excellent in some ways.

So uh...why don't go listen to those bands? If those sounds define what you want so well :rolleyes:

This again brings up the suggestion not to use band names to state what you would like to hear. I think mentioning a precise sound of some band is odd, because if Coldplay went for that, wouldn't it be, well, copying? Albeit probably a bad one, since they're Coldplay and not that other band.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So uh...why don't go listen to those bands? If those sounds define what you want so well :rolleyes:

This again brings up the suggestion not to use band names to state what you would like to hear. I think mentioning a precise sound of some band is odd, because if Coldplay went for that, wouldn't it be, well, copying? Albeit probably a bad one, since they're Coldplay and not that other band.

Viva was very Arcade Fire inspired, but it's still good in its right... I know what you mean though :)

Of course, I listen to these bands too and I like them. If not, I wouldn't have suggested that I want that Coldplay, that probably is one of my favourites band, if it's not my most favourite, makes music similar to them.

I don't think that this is copying. For me copying is what they did with Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall for example. I know that Coldplay have a unique sound, at least at their beginnings, but if they change the sound, I prefer that it be more like bands I mentioned than other things, it's just that. Anyways I would really like that they create a brand new sound, different of everything heard so far, but we all know that this would be really difficult.

The thing i want them to do is... relax. Don't think about charts, awards, don't give a fuck if they can't reach any person that exist in this world, they don't have to make music so people can like it, they have to do what comes trough their mind, Jonny, Will everything you are making now is sperimental jazz nosense? that's fine! If people like it they buy the album if people don't like it they don't buy it, who cares if they sold non that much, if Parlophone says something just kick them in the ass

but i know they will never do that, it seems they have no balls, in 2009 in an interview, one guy asked if they would leave Parlophone like Radiohead and Chris said no because they couldn't survive, i got a little bit disappointed

The thing i want them to do is... relax. Don't think about charts, awards, don't give a fuck if they can't reach any person that exist in this world, they don't have to make music so people can like it, they have to do what comes trough their mind, Jonny, Will everything you are making now is sperimental jazz nosense? that's fine! If people like it they buy the album if people don't like it they don't buy it, who cares if they sold non that much, if Parlophone says something just kick them in the ass

That was already their approach with MX (kind of...because they can't kick Parlophone in the ass, they're too nice for that, and they're no divas). That's hard to believe but it's actually true, I believe (well, I trust them when they say that). They repeatedly said that VLV had helped to free themselves from what they were getting into, and that MX was the opportunity for them to do something different without thinking of what anybody thinks (I remember reading/listening to an interview where Chris says working with Jay-Z had helped them in that matter, because that's how he works too, he doesn't care what everyone else thinks). So, yeah, they're already in that mindset, i think.

but i know they will never do that, it seems they have no balls, in 2009 in an interview, one guy asked if they would leave Parlophone like Radiohead and Chris said no because they couldn't survive, i got a little bit disappointed
I interpret that as being humble ?

To me, if they had no balls they would have released X&Y n°4 and 5 instead of releasing VLV and MX.

I remember them saying that MX had a different sound because they wanted to reach other people, i know, they are free to do wathever they want but i think they don't have to be afraid of doing something strange, i'm not talking about different, because they have already done it, i'm talking about strange.

The think i don't like about them is that when one of them has this song, this sound but it's strange they are afraid of developing it.

In 15 years of career the only two strange songs that have made it to an ep or album are Chinese Sleep Chant and A Spell Rebel Yell

They need to do the opposite in my opinion, they need to put pressure on themselves.

As Celine said, MX was a very relaxed atmosphere, and as a result, it is somewhat complacent in places. The same in X&Y; they didn't have the right producer forcing them to work harder and push themselves further.

On A Rush of Blood to the Head, they have frequently said how they were really trying to be different and to push the boundaries. Tracks like Politik and Clocks came from this new mindset of wanting to put pressure on themselves, and again in 2008, they stressed how Brian Eno taught them to think differently, and how hard they worked to try things they'd never tried before.

A lot of bands produce better work when they put themselves under pressure to be different from last time: Radiohead are the prime example of this and Kid A is an album that is so big in its ambition, most critics and fans excuse its weaker songs for it. It's hard to excuse weak songs when there's very little effort put in.

Coldplay need to work harder imo, and people might disagree with me, but when it's a relaxed camp, I think that when their music becomes too comfortable, they become a bit "ugh" and boring.

Maybe you're right

Man, i wish i was able to see behind the scenes, you know, knowing everything is going on in the bakery

+1

And how nice would a big boxset be with demos, early recordings of tracks, different versions of songs, and live run-throughs that they do in that big space next door?

+1

And how nice would a big boxset be with demos, early recordings of tracks, different versions of songs, and live run-throughs that they do in that big space next door?

I like to daydream about breaking into the Bakery and just listening to all the bits and pieces they have recorded :laugh3:

In comparison to other bands that have been around as long as them, do you think Coldplay have a big catalog of songs or could they treat us some more?

I like to daydream about breaking into the Bakery and just listening to all the bits and pieces they have recorded :laugh3:

In comparison to other bands that have been around as long as them, do you think Coldplay have a big catalog of songs or could they treat us some more?

They take a year or two to complete an album, some bands take a couple of months. They definitely have more.

And they whittle about 50 tracks down to the final LP down to 10-12 songs. Muse for example, I believe, only record the ones that are going on the album. (These days anyway.)

Actually I posted that question here because, if you bothered to read my original post before you posted that stupid point, you would see that I asked you guys here because on Google it says March 2nd but in their biographies it says March 3rd!! Jeez... :)bsig I just wanted to know which was the correct answer! Didn't it occur to you that I would have Googled it first?!?! :angry: :( :/

You can't justify what you did, as it was soooo pointless... :nod:

yeah i didn't need your sarcastic comment, thanks

i was trying to focus people on the main meaning of this thread and not on the ridicolous no.sense childish fight <3

If you knew I was being sarcastic then surely you would know that I knew why you said what you said in the first place :nod:

Anyway #6, thoughts?

You can't justify what you did, as it was soooo pointless... :nod:

How was asking a question about coldplay sooo pointless? What I said was justified, why can't you just see that? What I did was ask what the real date was, I know it's kinda trivial, but I thought asking coldplay's fans would know the answer as Google and the biographies had left me confused. I know your just gonna come up with some stupid comment anyway.

I know I'm probably getting annoying guys, I apologise but I don't get why this person keeps on commenting on what I'm saying. If they're not gonna give me an answer then they can shut up.

How was asking a question about coldplay sooo pointless? What I said was justified, why can't you just see that? What I did was ask what the real date was, I know it's kinda trivial, but I thought asking coldplay's fans would know the answer as Google and the biographies had left me confused. I know your just gonna come up with some stupid comment anyway.

I know I'm probably getting annoying guys, I apologise but I don't get why this person keeps on commenting on what I'm saying. If they're not gonna give me an answer then they can shut up.

Well, I think that if you stop commenting on what she's saying, she's going to stop commenting on what you're saying as well...

Let's move on and ask another question, that'll hopefully get people talking again.

What's the one song that you believe should be the basis for LP6?

This isn't to say that this is the only sort of song they should do on the album, but one song that could fit onto the album and not sound out of place. For example, the band said after Paradise, they knew which direction to take MX. Radiohead said Lucky was the first song recorded for OK Computer, as it took them where they wanted to go with the album. And Arctic Monkeys said Cornerstone led the foundations for Suck It And See.

It doesn't have to be a Coldplay song, but for me, I'd say Politik (Grammys 2003 performance).