✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parachutes is a collection of 7 good songs and 4 I really don't care (Sparks, Parachutes, High Speed and We Never Change)

Same here, but I was scared of mentioning Sparks and Parachutes in case everyone got mad at me :lol:

Parachutes is like one mellow wave of sadness, space, infinity... there can be no weak songs there)

p.s. I actually like 'Yes'. Apart from the fact that it's a slight ripoff of Blur, to me it sounds great!

Your description of parachutes makes it seem very weak lol.

I think that if you're not a coldplay fan, parachutes would be impossible to listen to. Its basically why coldplays music is considered whiney bull crap by the haters.

That said, I like parachutes. Shiver, Yellow, and Everything's Not Lost are the best off the album. And I think Don't Panic is a bit overrated on this forum.

Why do people generally think that Lost! is weak? Its one of my favorites.

Just from what I've seen on here.

But of course, I could mention any song, and people will say "Oh I like that one", which makes the whole "some songs are weaker than others" argument redundant, somewhat :lol:

Maybe the reason MX was a little bit overproduced was the effect of Eno's NOT being in the studio as often?
Hey, what do we know, maybe Brian Eno is the one who suggested that. It's not because Viva and MX sound different and that Eno was more around on Viva than MX, that it means the overproduction of MX is because he wasn't there.

I very much disagree with that, if anything I'd argue the opposite.

I disagree whole heartedly.

About producers: I think Eno was the necessary force to push Coldplay's talent and teach them a better way of approaching music. I think he needs to be a bigger part of LP6 than he was in MX.

Green eyes is a good song, but I just find the urge to skip it when I get onto the track. I guess it's just my taste of music.

Daylight is the only song I feel like skipping on AROBTTH. The saving grace of Green Eyes (not that it needs one) is the chorus. I love the chord change and the lyric...

I came here with a loan

And I feel so much lighter

Since I met you

Its a great song imo.

I disagree whole heartedly.

About producers: I think Eno was the necessary force to push Coldplay's talent and teach them a better way of approaching music. I think he needs to be a bigger part of LP6 than he was in MX.

If anything, Parachutes is the album I've heard most non-Coldplay fans embrace and praise.

what i want is for them to take a 5 years hiatus; because they've become too big, mainstream and pompous for their own good, so a few years away will surly be for the best. and then come out all pink floyd. no silly costumes. no ooohs, no aaahs and no oooaaahs. and no synthesizers. and no brian eno.

i want 20 minute psychedelic tracks. i want jonny going absolutely mental on the guitar with more will and guy

:flutterby:

what i want is for them to take a 5 years hiatus; because they've become too big, mainstream and pompous for their own good, so a few years away will surly be for the best. and then come out all pink floyd. no silly costumes. no ooohs, no aaahs and no oooaaahs. and no synthesizers. and no brian eno.

i want 20 minute psychedelic tracks. i want jonny going absolutely mental on the guitar with more will and guy

Hm, I was just thinking about The Beatles, and they stopped touring as a group to make a studio album, which seemed like a natural progression at the time. Maybe that's the ticket?

Psychedelic covers a lot of territory, but I see where you're coming from - that could be good!:daisy:

If anything, Parachutes is the album I've heard most non-Coldplay fans embrace and praise.

Well, if anything, I hear that VLVODAAHF is the most embraced album by non-Coldplay fans. So where does that bring us?

One of the most over used excuse for not liking Coldplay is that their music is slow, depressing, and redundant. Through the eyes of someone who does not like Coldplay, Parachutes fits this description well (Don't Panic, Sparks, Trouble, We Never Change). I love Parachutes and I love Coldplay. But someone who isn't passionate about their music will simply not get it.

tumblr_mhevqvYxhE1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

well you may very well be happy with the oohs and aahs but I'm not. just different tastes i guess

:flutterby:

Hm, I was just thinking about The Beatles, and they stopped touring as a group to make a studio album, which seemed like a natural progression at the time. Maybe that's the ticket?

Psychedelic covers a lot of territory, but I see where you're coming from - that could be good!:daisy:

yes exactly :)

It's a bit funny you seem to dislike 'silly costumes' and you've got an avatar with the guys using the Mylo Xyloto's clothes.

They don't have the compromise of pleasing any fans. They do what they want to do and you have the right to like or dislike it, but if you dislike it, you are free to google any other band that fulfills your musical lack.