✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL @ people moaning that 2016 is too long. We are on the 6th album, I welcome a long break, they can't be expected to keep doing the same old 'record/tour' treadmill. I'd rather they came back refreshed with new influences and ideas.

Honestly don't care if it's ten years away, as long as it's good.

:nod: There's always other music to listen to in the mean time. I've pretty much stopped listening to Coldplay now, I can definitely go without for another 10 years!

Guest howyousawtheworld

Any inkling as to whether they intend to continue with the same production team ie Dravs, Eno and co.

Seriously, look at everyone releasing a comeback album this year and ask yourselves if it's worth the wait. Most of them are.

David Bowie would be a perfect example for this scenario.

As you mentioned before, a 10-year wait is worthy for an album that kicks ass. Bowie released The Next Day last month, making it his first album in 10 years since 2003's Reality. Ask yourself "Was it worth the wait?". My answer is "HELL YES."

In this case, I'm not really bothered by how long I have to wait for another Coldplay album. 2014-2016 is the window I'm looking at, but there's always other bands that I keep up the news with with their new albums, like Radiohead. Before you know it, BAM; a new Coldplay album.

At this point in their career I would absolutely NOT be fine with a long wait. They're in the prime of their career. Keep churning them out! That's what I say! How much thought have you really put into this? Think about it, a 5 year wait would suck!!

something totally different, what kind of designd will LP6 get? while the first 3 records were austere and sober designed, the last two were colorfull and very busy designed.

I'd like to have something with the sobriety from A Rush Of Blood.

Yes, less style more substance please to make up for the disappointment of MX.

something totally different, what kind of designd will LP6 get? while the first 3 records were austere and sober designed, the last two were colorfull and very busy designed.

I'd like to have something with the sobriety from A Rush Of Blood.

I would like something more dark..... A lot of black and red Major Minus like.. And big screens all over the stage:)

I think no matter how long they wait, they shouldn't give us so much drip-fed info from the studio this time. I want it out of nowhere. No idea who worked on it. How long for. What the songs are called. No leaked titles. Just surprises and lots of them.

Because MX was built up way beyond anything any album could match.

I think no matter how long they wait, they shouldn't give us so much drip-fed info from the studio this time. I want it out of nowhere. No idea who worked on it. How long for. What the songs are called. No leaked titles. Just surprises and lots of them.

i feel like the guessing game with hearing the song titles is half the fun! I want to know the concept of it and all that good stuff!

I actually like it when bands tease info from the studio. Radiohead have done it a lot in the past with random pages containing lyrics from songs they are working on etc. But yes, there is a limit to how much an album should be built up before it's release.

I agree with you. But you could just do a media blackout. Just completely shut yourself out from everything Coldplay related. Block coldplaying.com ... then you'll get what you want.

But do you have the will? I wouldn't.

The build up to MX is actually what reminded me of their existence and had me go from casual listener to absolute fan. I wasn't on the forum yet at the time though, and I've read so many times that it was really fun times, so they better do a proper a buildup, no way i'm missing this one :angry:

It's almost impossible if you're a fan to miss it all. I'm a Doctor Who fan and I avoided the news of David Tennant and Billie Piper returning for ten minutes, and the revealing of the title of the last episode this series for an hour. I'm not on any forums, it's just my friends, Twitter and Tumblr all can't keep quiet about that kinda shit.

Surely it's more fun guessing from less clues, not a board full of titles, Chris in interviews saying "We're influenced by A, B and C" and nothing leaking whatsoever? I enjoy the speculation as much as the next man, but I think I'm enjoying it more right now, when we know nothing, than I did a month before MX came out, and we pretty much just had the tracklisting to form.