✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

Don't forget that he has a couple of lyrical masterpieces in their back catalogue. like viva la vida and violet hill. when he is really inspired by something, i think he can lyrically be great as well.

but I have to say, lyrically MX was not in par with some of their previous work. maybe sticking to a storyline, or at least trying to,was the challenge there. anyway, as for LP6, chris' comment about pop music in general during MX is a little worrying. Hopefully the whole band effect would take them somewhere unique for the next one.

Pop songs can be well-written and engaging.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LP 6 Hint?

Hello, all.

During intermission 3, when Will starts to narrate, he mentions that they have kept on improving since, 2005....

Do they regret X & Y? I loved it.

Does this mean future albums will be like MX?

Its an guess, but its an first.

Pop songs can be well-written and engaging.

Exactly, fun's first album, Aim and Ignite is very pop i find, and have excellent lyrics. I love pop music but nowadays always come across pop songs that have great melody and all but kind of weak lyrics =/

I don't think they regret X&Y. They just doesn't like it as they like the others.

And no, I don't think the next albuns will be like MX. They said they keep improving since 2005, so, Viva La Vida came in 2008 and it's very different from MX. I guess they will just try their best.

(Off topic: since you mentioned X&Y and MX in the same topic, let me put here something it's intriguing me for a while. I just started studying X&Y's lyrics and they have a strange similarity with MX's story! See:

Square One-

"Future's for discovering the space in which we're traveling

[...]

Is there anybody out there who is lost and hurt and lonely too. Are they bleeding all your colors into one?

[...]"

White Shadows-

"When I was a young boy I tried to listen, and I wanna feel like that.

Little white shadows, blink and miss them. Part of a system I am.

If you ever feel like something's missing? Things you'll never understand.

Little white shadows, sparkle and glisten. part of a system plan."

These are a few, but there are others. What do you guys think? It may be just a coincidence but, who knows, right?

Hello, all.

During intermission 3, when Will starts to narrate, he mentions that they have kept on improving since, 2005....

Do they regret X & Y? I loved it.

Does this mean future albums will be like MX?

Its an guess, but its an first.

Threads merged

I really don't believe they can go acoustic for the next record. They could have a few acoustic numbers in there, but due to the huge success of the MX tour and how much fun they are having on stage, it might be more stadium rock coming in LP6. Hopefully the acoustic/landscape/classic Coldplay songs will still be there, either on the album or on an EP or single.

Agree with this. They have never sounded so good live, nor had so much fun on stage - naturally they will continue with the Charlie Brown and Every Teardrop-style anthems that suit their new comfortable abode of the stadium gig.

Would you kindly leave this forum?

Why? I just expressed my dissatisfaction with what the band have been doing last few years and my strong belief that LP6 is unlikely to end their now under-average music. I admit to using a bit harsh terms, but if it's really that upsetting, maybe you're the one that should leave? Or better yet, you could just ignore me.

even though i seriously love MX (it's the first album i bought from them and what really made me a fan), after listening to their past work, it does seem like a step down lyrically. on the other hand, the MX tour looked INCREDIBLE (sad i didn't get to see it), and i hope to see them do some more upbeat stuff in the future too. i don't want them to get TOO poppy, though, and that's what i'm afraid of. but i know whatever it is will be great!

Why? I just expressed my dissatisfaction with what the band have been doing last few years and my strong belief that LP6 is unlikely to end their now under-average music. I admit to using a bit harsh terms, but if it's really that upsetting, maybe you're the one that should leave? Or better yet, you could just ignore me.

What is that for which, you, is of that. Why not look at that and think about that which cannot be? Tell me that, sir. Do you even know what you are for which it is not actually me or you? Probably not. Leave.

As has been established in the past though, we try to keep things as constructive as we can in this thread.

No one has to leave, but if we could all just keep to thought-provoking, friendly conversation, that'd be great.

What is that for which, you, is of that. Why not look at that and think about that which cannot be? Tell me that, sir. Do you even know what you are for which it is not actually me or you? Probably not. Leave.

What which of which what that :huh2:

Difficult sentence for non-native speakers.

bless you!