✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is a MX EP Possible?

86Timewarp

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is VERY possible! Coldplay stated before that they consider their first three records as a trilogy with Viva starting a new era.

Guitarist Jonny Buckland explained to Rolling Stone: "We felt like the first three albums were a trilogy, and we finished that. So we wanted to do something different."

With Viva having an EP, it is very possible that their could be an EP after both Mylo Xyloto and LP6. I would think that it would include songs like Moving To Mars, Great Expectations, and Cark Kids.

I actually hope they don't release an EP. They did it with PM because they said they didn't have enough time to finish Viva before it was released, but if they do another EP I'd say they are milking it. When did an album + a couple of b-sides start being not enough?

I actually hope they don't release an EP. They did it with PM because they said they didn't have enough time to finish Viva before it was released, but if they do another EP I'd say they are milking it. When did an album + a couple of b-sides start being not enough?

Nothing is ever enough when we know there is more left over.

I think an EP is possible- in fact I hope they do make one. I don't think it would be selling out crashing in etc. To be honest EPs are really fan services, die hard fans pick up the EP because they are like "I wonder what could of been". I doubt many of the Prospets March songs are favorites from non coldplay fans.

And Golden Arrow, that is on the MX artwork wall after all.

There's also Rex which some believe is recorded, and Wedding Bells could make an appearance, no one really knows...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but nobody said that Golden Arrow is a song. That was just a pure speculation. :)

I wouldn't say that after someone said yesterday that the LUMINOUS lyrics of the wall includes the following line: "Take your arrow and (+) shoot me." I checked it and it's absolutely true.

Aaaaah, I didnt know that. In that case it most certainly is a song then! ;)

hmm... we've got 4 known unreleased songs,

- Tomorrow

- Great Expectations

- Car Kids

- Golden Arrow

It's enough to make soms b-sides on the singles, but if we have more unknown unreleased stuff, it's possible that we're getting a following EP, with the right or the left side of the graffiti wall as artwork :)

What songs could be included?

Under One Roof

Car Kids

Tomorrow

Golden Arrow

Great Expectations

Alien Radio / Space Symphony (although I still think these became MTM)

Rex

Aiko

any others?

I'd really love to have an EP :D If we do get one, I think out of the titles above it'd move likely be called Alien Radio, Tomorrow or Golden Arrow.

What songs could be included?

Under One Roof

Car Kids

Tomorrow

Golden Arrow

Great Expectations

Alien Radio / Space Symphony (although I still think these became MTM)

Rex

Aiko

any others?

I'd really love to have an EP :D If we do get one, I think out of the titles above it'd move likely be called Alien Radio, Tomorrow or Golden Arrow.

I think Alien Radio became a hopeful transmisson. I have just had an idea: Don Quixote should a latin america bonus track!!!!

My Thoughts on a EP Tracklisting (including others' opinions too)

1. Car Kids

2. Akio

3. Sex And Violence

4. Princess Of China (without Rihanna)

5. Golden Arrow

6. Up With The Birds (featuring Leonard Choen)

7. Great Expectations

8. Tomorrow

Car Kids and Golden Arrow are the only ones though that I am definitely sure are going to end up as some kind of release.

Rihanna-less PoC is a good shout, Razor Eye. It reminds me of LiJ (Osaka Mix), so I certainly see it as possibly, and it'd be a nice alternative to compare the two :)

I like the tracklisting too, and I agree with your last point. I think if we're going to see any of these tracks, it'll be Car Kids and Golden Arrow.

the name will be that of Mylo's counterpart, probably a girl :smiley:

In my honest opinion, which even I think is a crap opinion, that the name should have something to do with roadie. The Prospket in the Viva Era served almost the same purpose as the roadie team in the MX Era. Very Sketchy, but who knows? :confused: