✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Princess of China: Worst Coldplay song ever?

KKOPPI

Actually, I don't think so.

Sure, Rihanna coming in is a bit jarring but I think their voices go together well. I have found that a lot of the songs on Mylo Xyloto need to be listened to through good earphones to be fully appreciated, unfortunately not an option for everybody. I'm lucky to have good in-ear headphones so I can. The production, for a start, sounds 10x better through headphones- on all the songs, HLH, DLIBYH, POC... and Princess Of China especially, I think, sounds terrible through speakers or computer speakers, but really bombastic and complex through earphones. Try it.

No, it is not. Lost+ is much worse, I hate Jay-Z's part. Rihanna is just OK, though. It's a grower. :)[/size][/font]

Ooooh I'm going to have to agree there! Lost+ is a case of 'lalala coldpla- SUDDENLY, JAY-Z'.

At least it wasn't an album track.

Actually, I don't think so.

Sure, Rihanna coming in is a bit jarring but I think their voices go together well. I have found that a lot of the songs on Mylo Xyloto need to be listened to through good earphones to be fully appreciated, unfortunately not an option for everybody. I'm lucky to have good in-ear headphones so I can. The production, for a start, sounds 10x better through headphones- on all the songs, HLH, DLIBYH, POC... and Princess Of China especially, I think, sounds terrible through speakers or computer speakers, but really bombastic and complex through earphones. Try it.

I totally agree on listening to the whole album with good headphones. You're missing half of the production value while listening on a pc or by using crappy headphones.

• 1 month later...

PoC is not in my top Coldplay songs. Heck, it's not even in my top MX songs. But I hardly think it's the worst. In my opinion the worst Coldplay song is Up in Flames. It's boring and annoying.

Its a good Song for a Mainstream Spectrum, but its don´t the Coldplay I've learned to love

^Truth

^^ :nod: you can really tell that chris dumbed down his lyrics for Rihanna. Part of what makes me love Coldplay is how everyone can take what they will from the lyrics; they're very open to interpretation. With POC, that all gets thrown out the window, it's a break-up song and nothing more

• 1 month later...

PoC is one of the best off MX, it is not very good IMO but it's not their worst, the lyrics might be crap but at least Chris isn't trying too hard to write some poetic masterpiece like 'cathedrals in my heart' or 'wa wa waterfall' it stands up ok as a pop song. I don't listen to it really but i don't mind if it comes on the radio it's just a meh song for me.