✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Princess of China: Worst Coldplay song ever?

KKOPPI

I actually agree with you, I'm ok with Coldplay experimenting

There is nothing wrong in trying some new things with their music. But if someone would ask me which coldplay song I really don´t enjoy listening, my answer would be "Pricess of China". There is too little Coldplay in this song, I am not feeling this magic like in the other songs.

There is nothing wrong in trying some new things with their music. But if someone would ask me which coldplay song I really don´t enjoy listening, my answer would be "Pricess of China". There is too little Coldplay in this song, I am not feeling this magic like in the other songs.

I always like at least a small part in all of Coldplays songs, even in Daylight (which I don't enjoy a lot because it gets on my nerves).

ok I actually don't enjoy the song AROBTTH and haven't found a part of it I like yet.....there I finally said it

In POC I like the "lalalala" part and the "Once upon a time somebody ran" part, those are the only two parts I ever sing.

No, in my opinion it's not the worst Coldplay's song! Every album has different sound. I think that Princess Of China sort of shows the sound of Mylo Xyloto - a weird but in its own way very pleasant for listening to! I liked Princess Of China from the first listening and i like the melody very much!:smug: ^^ :heart:

I actually rather liked the very first preview we got of this song - the live version done by Chris before the album was released. Even if it was recorded with a rather shocking camera phone.

The song style is different, and it's an attempt at a collaboration with another artist. For some reason, people who aren't "true" Coldplay fans seem to enjoy the song, but that's because it appeals to the greater R&B crowd. You can't blame it on Synth, because X&Y had a lot of it.

Good (world-class) artists experiment with their music and keep up with the times. Other artists have a one-hit wonder and are then soon forgotten as they refuse to adapt their music.

In this case, the fans Coldplay appeal to (that's us, by the way) haven't impressed with Princess of China, because the primary Coldplay genre is Alternative/Soft Rock.

You can also probably say that a few of the "true" fans dislike Paradise, because it's got a "dub-steppy" feeling to it.

As for ETIAW, it's not something I can explain. When I first heard it, I wasn't sure about it, but it gradually grew on me. Don't know if anyone remembers Violet Hill prior to the release of Viva? There was a period where people were too accustomed to the souds of AROBTTH and X&Y, and it took people time to welcome Violet Hill.

So yeah, that's my analysis. Maybe critical of some people's opinions, but I feel that many things can be explained. I can't really name songs or put them into a pecking order, but I can say I wasn't fond of "The Hardest Part", and there are a couple of songs in Parachutes that I don't particularly enjoy.

im pretty sure up in flames is worse than POC. but even a terrible song like POC from coldplay is better than a lot of the music out there today, which shows just how brilliant they are.

i actually dont think they made a single song their entire career i didnt consider great in some way. until MX that is

ever heard The Hardest Part?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-kzYztyQ6k]Left Right Left Right Left - Coldplay - The Hardest Part & Postcards From Far Away - YouTube[/ame]

How this can be worst than PoC? And I can't believe they put PoC in MX instead of Moving to Mars

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You gotta be kidding me? PoC is a great song and Rihannas voice matches perfectly to Chris. Great lyrics great sound. What else do you expect from them? As long they're not starting to work with Justin Bieber or an other teenestar I'm happy.

And btw. imo UiF is the worst song.

But that's just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You gotta be kidding me? PoC is a great song and Rihannas voice matches perfectly to Chris. Great lyrics great sound. What else do you expect from them? As long they're not starting to work with Justin Bieber or an other teenestar I'm happy.

And btw. imo UiF is the worst song.

But that's just my opinion.

Great lyrics? Half song is just "oooohhh ohohoho" and "'cause you realy hurt me"...

- Tapatalk 2 -

• 1 month later...