✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Princess of China: Worst Coldplay song ever?

KKOPPI

I guess whether you think POC is Coldplay's worst song is a individual decision, as some people really like POC.

I don't see the point of these "worst song ever threads", since everyone will have a different opinion. If the thread was called " Whats your opinion on the song" I would get it. Or maybe its just me that feels this way ?:thinking:

• 2 weeks later...
I guess whether you think POC is Coldplay's worst song is a individual decision, as some people really like POC.

I don't see the point of these "worst song ever threads", since everyone will have a different opinion. If the thread was called " Whats your opinion on the song" I would get it. Or maybe its just me that feels this way ?:thinking:

I couldn't agree more, I'm amazed that people can spend so much time and energy "hating" one song. I dislike Yes and Prospekt's March but they appeal to other people for different reasons.

We're never going to all agree as we all have different tastes and our opinions are all unique, so rather than arguing and bitching at someone who happens to disagree with your point of view, why not just accept your fellow fans right to express their throughts respectfully without ripping them to shreds?

Oh yeh, and I personally love POC, Lost+, ETIAWF, The Hardest Part and Paradise :p

*waits to be ripped to shreds* :rolleyes:

No, it isn't the worst, but then again, I'm not sure it could be considered a Coldplay song. It should be called Princess Of China ft. Chris Martin. You can't hear much of any instruments being played, except the bass (which is hands down the best part of the song), and Rihanna sings almost all of it. When it kicks off with Chris at the beginning, it's incredible. His voice in time with that beat is great, but after that it's crap.

I hate the fact that this song is being played on the radio. I can understand the desire to team up with another popular singer in the music industry, but this was clearly a publicity stunt (at least I think so anyway) and it makes them look like all the rest of the generic singers out there being overplayed on the radio.

I like the melody, I think that Coldplay thought that it would be a good idea to do a duet whit Rihanna. I can't say I hate the song because it's good. Anyway, I just can't imagine Chris Martin singing the part of "I've could been a princess. You'd be the king". He wrote it with the idea of record the song with Rihanna, and I think he did a great job.

What? The Goldrush is awesome.

I'm sorry but I think it's pretty dreadful lol. Only cause I love Coldplay so much if it comes on while it's on shuffle I can still enjoy it, especially since it's so short. In fact it's the ONLY Coldplay song I don't care for.

About The Goldrush, I think it's a fun song, I feel almost inside the studio, but not really great. Back to the PoC topic, for me it's a great song and I love the synths, still don't understand why there is acoustic guitar on Rihanna's verse though, but it's a great song.

I'm sorry but I think it's pretty dreadful lol. Only cause I love Coldplay so much if it comes on while it's on shuffle I can still enjoy it, especially since it's so short. In fact it's the ONLY Coldplay song I don't care for.

Haha, I understand. One I Love is a pain for me to listen to. I absolutely hate it.

Haha, I understand. One I Love is a pain for me to listen to. I absolutely hate it.

funny thread. It just goes to show that it comes down to personal taste - I really like One I Love. Music speaks to people in different ways

If you all are true Coldplay fans, you would see the positive side of why they did a song with Rihanna. They obviously wanted to expand their horizons and experiment with a different sound. Every awesome band should do it. It doesn't make them any worse or any better. It just makes them open-minded. STOP with the Rihanna hating comments!

If you all are true Coldplay fans, you would see the positive side of why they did a song with Rihanna. They obviously wanted to expand their horizons and experiment with a different sound. Every awesome band should do it. It doesn't make them any worse or any better. It just makes them open-minded. STOP with the Rihanna hating comments![/size][/b]

:facepalm:

If you all are true Coldplay fans, you would see the positive side of why they did a song with Rihanna. They obviously wanted to expand their horizons and experiment with a different sound. Every awesome band should do it. It doesn't make them any worse or any better. It just makes them open-minded. STOP with the Rihanna hating comments![/size][/b]

I actually agree with you, I'm ok with Coldplay experimenting

Enough of this true fan crap. Everyone, fan or no, can have their own opinion and taste on what songs they think good and not so good, instead of this silly idea of only being allowed to luuuuurve every single song that gets released if they are "true fans" (which is a misnomer anyway, how is one fan more true than the last?)