✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay nominated for 3 Grammy Awards // Paradise to feature on 2012 Grammy Nominees Album (pg.5)

Loki0012

nom nom nom?

You beat me to it, Ian!:lol:

I like most of the nominees in these categories, so won't be unhappy no matter who wins...with one exception,lol. But as for the Grammys losing credibility? This is the same academy that created a 'Best Metal' category the year Metallica's Black album came out, then gave the award to JETHRO TULL! That ship sailed a long time ago.

(Don't get me wrong, I love Tull, but they're about as Heavy Metal as ETIAW is Rock. :P)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Coldplay - Paradise

“Body And Soul” — Tony Bennett & Amy Winehouse

“Dearest” — The Black Keys

“Pumped Up Kicks” — Foster The People

“Moves Like Jagger” — Maroon 5 & Christina Aguilera

Best Rock Performance

“Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall” — Coldplay

“Down By The Water” — The Decemberists

“Walk” — Foo Fighters

“The Cave” — Mumford & Sons

“Lotus Flower” — Radiohead

Best Rock Song

The Cave - Mumford & Sons

Down By The Water - The Decemberists

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Coldplay

Lotus Flower - Radiohead

Walk - Foo Fighters

tough competition on both with Maroon 5 's super hit and also Fosters great song.. and radiohead in rock with Mumford and sons

PSH. Coldplay doesn't deserve to win in any of these categories. Too bad the Grammy's don't really care about such things.

I guarantee you "Pumped Up Kicks" will win. It's so hipster nowadays.

LOLWUT.

Pumped Up Kicks is horrible.

It's by far Foster the People's worst song. :nod: The rest of their album is pretty soling, though.

Bleugh, ETIAW doesn't deserve winning those awards.

I'm glad someone else feels that way.

Glad to see them nominated for something. Here's my theory: The Grammys love women artists, they'll give every Grammy they have to Adele. Just like for Amy Winehouse, Lauryn Hill, Norah Jones, Taylor Swift, etc. I'm glad MX will not be going against Adele's album. It would have lost.

Next year, when MX is eligible, I fancy they'll give Album of the Year to Coldplay, since they lost (tragically, I think) in 2009 to Robert Plant and Alison Krauss of all people (part oldy but goody and part female artist, Grammy loves both of those). It will be like when U2 won for some crappy, unmemorable album when it lost the album prior to that, which is should have won for.

I can make a flow chart if anyone needs one!

Every Teardrop should win on both awards and Paradise could, I think Moves Like Jagger will take Duo/Group Pop

Not if there is a God or any kind justice under the sky. :awesome: Maybe Amy and Tony...

I think Paradise should win in its category, Teardrop should win best "rock" song, and Lotus should have been nominated for best alternative song, and win.

^I just think they'll win, I don't want to... Theire third album sucks

Their only good album was the first. The second was meh. And the third one is REALLY bad. Like, Nickelback bad.

The first one totally deserved the Grammys it got though. Awesome, awesome pop record.

I don't care who wins best group performance as long as it isn't Moron 5, that song is the worst thing sense AIDS. I think foo fighters will win 2nd and Mumford & Sons might win for best rock song, I really like ETIAW but it's not a rock song its pop. I don't put any weight into grammys so its not important if coldplay wins a single award or not