✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay nominated for 3 Grammy Awards // Paradise to feature on 2012 Grammy Nominees Album (pg.5)

Loki0012

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I respect her fans, just not her,lol.

Don't get me wrong. She is a good singer...with a LOT of auto-tune,lol. I just think Coldplay (er...Chris?) could have chosen so many better singers. Imagine Adele singing PoC!!

Chris, what were you thinking?

OK, I'll shut up now,lol.

:lol: No, not Adele, Rihanna was perfect. She sang the song like she was feeling it. Not overdramactic like some would say. Adele would bring tears and make me cry nonstop.:D Wasn't believable to me. okay, im shutting up. :wacky: :) leave u alone. :lol:

^I respect her fans, just not her,lol.

Don't get me wrong. She is a good singer...with a LOT of auto-tune,lol. I just think Coldplay (er...Chris?) could have chosen so many better singers. Imagine Adele singing PoC!!

Chris, what were you thinking?

OK, I'll shut up now,lol.

No offense, but I'd MUCH rather have rihanna do a song with Coldplay over Adele, if I must pick the lesser of two evils. I'm not a mindless hater of Adele, but SHE'S SO OVERPLAYED! I believe I've stated in another thread that I'd eat my own feet if I hear 'Someone like you' again....and I stand by what I said

No offense, but I'd MUCH rather have rihanna do a song with Coldplay over Adele, if I must pick the lesser of two evils. I'm not a mindless hater of Adele, but SHE'S SO OVERPLAYED! I believe I've stated in another thread that I'd eat my own feet if I hear 'Someone like you' again....and I stand by what I said

Even my mother in law now has the Adele CD! I just was never interested, and I don't see her ever singing with Coldplay--she'd sing over Chris, and it's Chris I want to hear.

Even my mother in law now has the Adele CD! I just was never interested, and I don't see her ever singing with Coldplay--she'd sing over Chris, and it's Chris I want to hear.

Exactly! Adele is a wonderful singer in her own rights. She's definitely got pipes. But a duet with soft singing Chris Martin? That wouldn't do Coldplay any good.

No offense taken. :) I love Adele and the success is well earned, but I do agree that she's played to death. I'm not a mindless Rihanna hater either, but her voice is so clearly processed by studio affects (I've heard live recordings that would make you cringe,lol.). At least Adele can deliver live (imo). But there are so many other talented singers they could have chosen. So many that need and deserve the break.

No offense taken. :) I love Adele and the success is well earned, but I do agree that she's played to death. I'm not a mindless Rihanna hater either, but her voice is so clearly processed by studio affects (I've heard live recordings that would make you cringe,lol.). At least Adele can deliver live (imo). But there are so many other talented singers they could have chosen. So many that need and deserve the break.

Rihanna was not a surprising choice considering her link to Jay Z.

:nod: I feel like it'll just be wierd to have Chris singing with Rihanna, he's miles away from her in terms of performing and style. And yes, her voice is processed to death!

Exactly!! It had everything to do with her being part of the clique, not her talent. Chris wouldn't have chosen her back in 'the day'. It was based on her status, not her talent, and it disgusts me.

I agree 100% and wont be tuning in.

So Chris is just going around lying in interviews that he loves Rihanna and that POC is his favorite song on MX?

Why would he do that? To be a bit more popular, to earn some extra cash? I don't think so...

He chose Rihanna because: a) he likes her and b) their voices match better than his and Adele's for the reason coldplaymom said.

P.S. They dislike Parachutes and they seem to be having a good time performing this album so don't assume they're doing it just to be popular.

I can't get into his mind, maybe he's the same person he was during Parachutes and hates MX, but from what I see, they're enjoying themselves...

So Chris is just going around lying in interviews that he loves Rihanna and that POC is his favorite song on MX?

Why would he do that? To be a bit more popular, to earn some extra cash? I don't think so...

He chose Rihanna because: a) he likes her and b) their voices match better than his and Adele's for the reason coldplaymom said.

P.S. They dislike Parachutes and they seem to be having a good time performing this album so don't assume they're doing it just to be popular.

I can't get into his mind, maybe he's the same person he was during Parachutes and hates MX, but from what I see, they're enjoying themselves...

I agree except for the "they dislike Parachutes" part, coz I haven't heard/read them saying such a thing :thinking: (if anything I heard they didn't like the X&Y era that much, but I think that's because there were many issues that they had to deal with during this era...)

But now they're really enjoying themselves, definitely :nod: :D

Despite the album's critical and commercial success, Chris Martin said that Coldplay didn't like the album.

He also commented that they look beyond Parachutes: "We know that's terrible music and we always try to think about what we can do next."

:\

Yeah, I heard them say that about X&Y.

Like, they made the album everybody expected them to make.

Not necessarily what they wanted.

I like all of their albums, and I listen to them depending on the mood I'm in...

Chris says that about almost everything they do. One minute he thinks it's the best thing in the world, the next he says it's shit,lol. If I hated my first album that much, I wouldn't still be playing songs from it 11 years later.

Yes, they ARE definitely enjoying themselves, and I'm VERY happy for their success.:)

I guess my issue is Chris's 'celebrity' seems to have changed his musical priorities. He and the others used to give new artists opportunities, but now an established pop star gets the call.

It just makes me sad. But it's merely my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

I guess they could have called a lot of singers before Rihanna, but their choice is kinda limited in regards to Chris' voice.

He has a soft voice, even his friend Beyonce would have made him his bitch. :D

I don't know... The "problem" isn't Rihanna, nor the song. She's right for the song, the song's right for the album.

It's just that the album is what it is. Essentially anti-Coldplay. In all ways different from Parachutes.

I get it why some people don't like. Even despise it. I myself like it... Considering their history, they'll certainly change again for LP6.

I love most of it. UFO is one of the prettiest songs they've ever written. HLH and Charlie are amazing...PoC doesn't really do anything for me, and that's sad, because usually Coldplay songs elicit deep emotions in me. Paradise really grew on me, but even there. You don't hear Jonny til the end (and a bit of chording throughout), and I'd have mixed him higher in UIF too.

Overall, it's a good solid album, but not in the way AROBTTH or Viva are. Those are COLDPLAY albums to me.:)

EDIT: Dear Rihanna- They're not called ColdPlay as per your twitter, ya git. :p

Well sure, songs like Politik and The Scientist have more intense emotions packed into then than half of MX.

MX has different emotions. Charlie Brown is 100% concentrated happiness. :nice:

I didn't mean you when I said that some people despise it. :) I've seen comments from people completely dismissing it.

I take offence when someone says that they turned their backs on their fans.

Or that MX was a thought through project to gain money and celebrity and not something they enjoyed making and performing...

No, I didn't think that was aimed at me, and I do believe they love and enjoyed making MX. I'm just really missing the old days today, and wishing their next album would be more...organic. 4 guys playing music together. That's what it's supposed to be all about...n their words.