✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Moment you realized you love Coldplay?

Lynn42

When did you realize that you love Coldplay? Did you hear one of their amazing songs? Was it when you saw them in concert? When you heard about something that they did? For me it was when I saw them in concert in 2008 and they were absolutely amazing!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the moment..

i realized i loved Coldplay was one evening when i was sitting on the floor in my bedroom back in 2002, i think, and i was listening to Parachutes over and over while doing some watercolor painting.....now i still love them but am completely infatuated with Guy lol!:laugh3:

i realized i loved Coldplay was one evening when i was sitting on the floor in my bedroom back in 2002, i think, and i was listening to Parachutes over and over while doing some watercolor painting.....now i still love them but am completely infatuated with Guy lol!:laugh3:

Make it easy for us to be infatuated with all of them. It's a done deal. :dazzled:

During summer 2008 a friend played me this new song, Viva La Vida. It was by Coldplay, a band's name I'd heard before but didn't really know a lot about.

I then went on YouTube to find some other songs of theirs, only to find out that I recognised basically all of them! Especially the AROBTTH songs, as I realised that it was the album that was constantly played in my cousins car when as 10 year olds we were getting dropped off for football training.

Ever since I discovered that the likes of In My Place, Clocks, God Put, Trouble and Speed of Sound were all by Coldplay there's only been one band for me!

Oh mine is a long, and boring story but I'll tell you guys anyway :D

I kinda always loved Coldplay (well, since the Scientist and then the X&Y era), but never realized how EPIC they are. Then during the Viva era, I loved them a bit more, listening to Viva la Vida and Lovers in Japan pretty much every day for a long time.

But 2011 was definitely a revelation for me. First when they started teasing about ETIAW on their fb page (I was like Wat :shocked2: OMG this looks awesome! ). Then, I got really happy, and somehow proud when it came out. From that point I started following a bit more their news, but I wasn't a real fan. Months later, I think it was the 24th of October, I was on Youtube, and I noticed the Amex Unstaged add, and I was like "OMFG! THE ENTIRE GIG STREAMED LIVE, I GOTTA WATCH THIS!" And when I finally watched it I was SO happy and everything, I had never felt this way for a band before.

You know, I created a Twitter account just to be able not to miss anything about Coldplay :lol:

Since this concert I've been listening to pretty much only Coldplay. When I joined Coldplaying (I was getting frustrated, seeing all these news on Twitter without being able to read everything because of the restricted access :lol: ), I realized I was a fan.

My sister told me a few weeks ago, when I was talking to her about Coldplay: "Wow, you're a real fan, eh ?"

Yes, I think I am, now :D

and now you can return to your interesting life :D

Why that's a smart thread 8B!

Well, like Coeurli, I was long-time fan of Coldplay yet never realized how big of a part their music is in my life.

Then five years ago, I was going through some rough times, the roughest by far to tell you the truth, and the only consolation I had was my laptop: I'd spend all day long watching stuff and playing on it.

Then one day, when going to sleep, instead of listening to Nobuo Uematsu, I put on my Coldplay playlist and the first song I heard was "Low".

The song made me cry with healing tears and I couldn't stop sobbing. When "Yellow" came after, I was crying tears of joy and by the end of White Shadows, I felt inspired and fully recovering and it was so unbelievable that the next days I stopped listening to Coldplay to see if it was only feelings born from matters of circumstance. Eventhough, I carried on feeling fine and hopeful.

When I went back to listening to Coldplay, I felt my soul being cleansed once again and I understood that what I felt that night was real and I understood that this band is just the key to open my inspiration.

I'm sorry if I spoke a little too much :)

I think it was 2008. I was alone at home and I was so bored. Wanted to watch something on tv. In one channel, there was a broadcast of Coldplay concert in BBC studios. I was fascinated. Seeing them playing those songs live was the best way to start love them :)

This :) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX1eJHE1K_s]Viva La Vida Coldplay live at the BBC - YouTube[/ame]

(prepare for a long post) For me, the moment I realized I loved coldplay was after I got an ipod nano for a gr. 8 grad present from my parents, and I needed to fill it with songs. I had loved clocks since I heard it on the radio in gr. 2, and my dad had a usb filled with music from a bazillion different artists, and I decided 'hey, I like one song by them, might as well try some more'. So I listened to Speed of Sound, Talk, Violet Hill, Strawberry Swing, and a bunch of others, and realized 'whoa, this band rocks!'. And so my love and fandom sprouted, and three years later, here I am!

During summer 2008 a friend played me this new song, Viva La Vida. It was by Coldplay, a band's name I'd heard before but didn't really know a lot about.

I then went on YouTube to find some other songs of theirs, only to find out that I recognised basically all of them! Especially the AROBTTH songs, as I realised that it was the album that was constantly played in my cousins car when as 10 year olds we were getting dropped off for football training.

Ever since I discovered that the likes of In My Place, Clocks, God Put, Trouble and Speed of Sound were all by Coldplay there's only been one band for me!

Too funny. Looking back I had so many near misses as well. I knew when they became known in the US b/c the members of my tennis messageboard were discussing the band in our music thread. I just had a full plate with starting a new business and having very young kids, moving to a different state that I just wasn't in mood to learn about new bands and new music. Then my husband had a copy of AROBTTH around the house that I promised I'd listen to 1 day, but just never did. Forward to summer 2008, I'm in a carpool with a car literally full of kids and Viva La Vida comes on the radio. All the kids including mine are singing outloud and I think to myself, this is a pretty good tune. 2 weeks later, I try to hum the tune, asking my son what song it was so I could look it up. Somehow he just could not remember. Another 2 1/2 years had to go by before I'd get a proper introduction. Oh well! Better later than never.

My mom had a CD burned with songs from a bunch of random artists. She played it all the time, but I never really paid attention to it because I had my own music that I usually listened to (these being songs by the likes of Ke$ha, Carrie Underwood, various pop singers, etc.). Then one day we hopped in the car to go somewhere and I realized that I had forgotten my iPod. My mom had the CD going, and that was the first time I heard Clocks, and I was blown away by just how epic it sounded. It was a million times better than any other song I had ever heard, so the moment we got home, I added it to my iPod. I listened to it day in and day out, and it finally occurred to me to look up some other songs by this "Coldplay".

That was when I discovered Viva la Vida (the song--although the VlV album was the first album I ever purchased) and then Lost! and then HYStW and then Speed Of Sound, Talk, Fix You, Yellow, Trouble . . . and those Coldplay songs eventually took the place of all those pop songs that I had previously loved.

And here I am today! :D

And would you believe that I despise Ke$ha, Bruno Mars, etc. now? The wonders of Coldplay never cease :P

when I was 10 years old I first heard and saw Talk on the television, my little brother of 4 was totally addicted to that music video, he called it ''The robot video'':P so that song became one of our favorites, after that I never listened Coldplay again, until I heard VLV on the radio every and every day again. So I did some research and found out it was Coldplay, and I thought huh? coldplay? aren't those some sort of weirdo's? then I found out Talk was also theirs, and Clocks. So then I started listening to Violet Hill my next favourite song after VLV anc bought their CD VLVODAAHF, after that I started listening to their older music..... fell instantely in love and that brings me here:D

Me I was a fanatic fan of A-ha and A-ha made discovered the songs of Coldplay on a article on net was in 2000. but that's because Coldplay was advertising for A-ha they lost their renowned internationally A-ha in this time in 2000 . And Chris Martin loved sings of A-ha but in 2005 Chris Martin was still Morten Harket idol since he was little and never be a sombre man .

I am fan of sombre A-ha and cool happy Coldplay .

http://www.80sxchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39322

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64163