✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

First Coldplay Song You Ever Heard?

myloxyloto:)

My dad, who has a crazy and varying taste in music, used to play ARoBttH in the car for us and I remember hearing Politik and thinking it was very loud and noisy. Keep in mind I was young, probably 7 or 8, and trying to take naps to something like Politik is not an easy task.

I remember loving Viva La Vida, and I downloaded Parachutes but nothing really came from it. This summer the Every Teardrop is a Waterfall EP reminded me how good they were. So Politik was my first song but ETiaW definitely was the one that mattered to me :laugh2:

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad, who has a crazy and varying taste in music, used to play ARoBttH in the car for us and I remember hearing Politik and thinking it was very loud and noisy. Keep in mind I was young, probably 7 or 8, and trying to take naps to something like Politik is not an easy task.

I remember loving Viva La Vida, and I downloaded Parachutes but nothing really came from it. This summer the Every Teardrop is a Waterfall EP reminded me how good they were. So Politik was my first song but ETiaW definitely was the one that mattered to me :laugh2:

The first song i listen of them was Trouble, I was 13 years old and you know at that age between 13 and 17 you are an outsider and the lyrics of the song were what I was feeling at that time. Yellow was my 2th song and it was completely the opposite, it was as if he would say'' never mind, you're beautiful, you are part of this world, you have a mission that's why the stars shine for you'' Never a band or a song touch the bottom of my heart like that ever!

Politik is one of my all time favorite song about them! Such a strong message and feeling with the words ''Give me love, love over this'' that song was my anthem for many years.

I first heard of Coldplay when I heard Yellow, that was when I was at College, I was about 18 at the time, I was immediately attracted to them, but it took me until the Viva La Vida tour to see them for the first time, but I am seeing them for the second time this year at Emirates Stadium, they are my favorite band, and I will have a bit of a Take That moment whenever they decide to break up.

I think WE are the oldest ones! lol And I would have the same reaction if they decide to break up :(

• 2 weeks later...

Probably Clocks on a BBC advert. Then I saw the music video a couple of years later. It was pretty boring stuff, I wasn't impressed.

Then when I'd grown up a bit, I used to listen to the radio every day. One day, Jo Whiley said she had the new Coldplay song, Violet Hill to play. So I listened, and downloaded it, was totally in love with it and got the backcatalogue, piece by piece, via the Wembley gig, which was one of the best days of my life.

Life story, there.

Fix You. It was the video actually, so it's the first Coldplay song I ever saw and heard ! I knew they were a huge and appreciated band, but I wasn't a huge fan before Viva la Vida came out and kicked everything's ass :D

Yellow in 2000 and it changed my life, it was so good that i wanted to listen to the rest of the record so i went out and bought Parachutes (this was before the iTunes/P2P days) and they became my favourite group :)

• 2 weeks later...