✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PoC video

wolstenfierce

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Coldplay confused China and Japan.... Dear Chris Martin: Kimonos, taikos, ninjas and katanas are JAPANESE. Chinese soldier fight with SWORDS.

At least the architecture is chinese xD

But seriously, don't tell me they couldn't find a costume designer and photography director that could done this right....

After the Charlie Brown vid expectations were low and this was pretty awesome. I think this'll be a major hit online and may end up challenging the Paradise vid for total views down the road.

The only reason why it could possibly be a hit is because Rihanna is in it. I doesn't come close to the Paradise MV anyway.

For the last time people.

EVEN if the song's name is PRINCESS OF FUCKING CHINA it doesn't mean they HAVE to make a video about CHINA, because a music video DOES NOT have to do anything with the music...

I wouldn't care a bit if they did a song called Bastards of Brazil with a lot of Indians and Monkeys and Trees and Carnival because it's just a fucking music video...

Since when Paradise speaks about elephants?

Since when Straberry Swing speaks about someone in the middle of a street playing of stop-motion?

Since when Life in Technicolor ii speaks about puppets?

Got the point?

EVEN if the song's name is PRINCESS OF FUCKING CHINA it doesn't mean they HAVE to make a video about CHINA, because a music video DOES NOT have to do anything with the music...

I wouldn't care a bit if they did a song called Bastards of Brazil with a lot of Indians and Monkeys and Trees and Carnival because it's just a fucking music video...

Since when Straberry Swing speaks about someone in the middle of a street playing of stop-motion?

Got the point?

oh dear me you know what i hate?! when some people are so blinded by their love for the band that even if they came out one day murdering puppies you would justify it somehow. (they havent done anything that terrible here im just sayin)

you cant compare PoC to their previous work because it has the name of a COUNTRY in the bloody title. its like naming a bond movie 007: Romania and then creating something about Poland!! raised eyebrows are inevitable. plus they've "tried" to go for an asian look anyway but got everything mixed up. so it does matter you see

I think they just put some oriental stuff, wear other clothes, put in chinese buildings and desert (?). It's something like souvenir with Eiffel Tower from China bought in London.

But I voted 4, it's not very tragic.

Please bring Matt Whitecross here. He manages to realize all crazy Chris's ideas (but genious too!) and to make something as sweet and unpretentious as Paradise video.

This video probably wouldn't have gone past Mr. Champion's seal of disapprovement. But when there's "the star", it's not for boys to decide.

Anyways, gave it 5. Not a disaster by any means. It's ok. I mean, watch any Britney video and then turn on this. See the difference?

But still:

1. Strange imagery - Japanese more than Chinese. Why doing that? I'm sure there will be plenty of stupid jokes on the Internet - "They even don't know the difference". I believe the boys do know the difference. So why mixing it all up? Strange decision.

2. Some long and quite boring shots. Seems that lack of story resulted in catching myself once or twice on thinking that they'd better do something else now.

3. Green screen. Well, had they done this all on location - how wonderful it would have looked. Computer graphics is not something to make you awe in year 2012. It's not necessarily bad, but not quite interesting.

Got the point?

the point is watching TV even the guys, all roads lead to Roma

the same time, have said is also a business thing too, and have done the real videos versions in the past . So goes the lyrics POC and more Chris like to be a hero for love and impress

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IakDItZ7f7Q&ob=av2e]Coldplay - Violet Hill - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EuTA4jlpWA&ob=av2e]Coldplay - Lovers In Japan - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kVxpsi1XQ4]Coldplay - Viva La Vida (Anton Corbijn Version) - YouTube[/ame]

although their pop transition is lovely (but I'm against the whole case of Rihanna) but they could make it really really better, a real epic one instead of these unnecessary shots...

but after all lovely Chris...

{why just that stupid Angelina's leg?}

The concept being an "old kung fu movie", maybe the effects are this way on purpose...but idk anything about making a video, so maybe you were talking about something else, I'm sorry :lol:

And Rihanna is ALWAYS flashing her ass. Except on the Take Care video.

I absolutely think so :nod:

And it was when I read comments like your "Rihanna is always flashing her ass" on Twitter that I understood that the PoC video was out, somehow :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

OH THANK GOD they left that part out where Chris looked so über gay sitting on that chair :lol:[/size][/b]

:laugh3: My thoughts exactly!

I'll start with the good things: there are some really beautiful visuals on the video, like the Rihanna with lots of arms and Chris walking on the desert.

Now the rest: I was waiting for a plot the whole video, but nothing showed up! And some shots are quite cheassy (that blue moon scene is horrible). The boys should be there, it's not Chris Martin and Rihanna, it's COLDPLAY! And the most important is, it doesn't fit the song and the album, it's just completely out of place. I'm one of the few here that like the CB video, because it fits with it just right, POC just throws a lot of asian themes into pointless shoots of Chris and Rihanna "interacting".

oh dear me you know what i hate?! when some people are so blinded by their love for the band that even if they came out one day murdering puppies you would justify it somehow. (they havent done anything that terrible here im just sayin)

you cant compare PoC to their previous work because it has the name of a COUNTRY in the bloody title. its like naming a bond movie 007: Romania and then creating something about Poland!! raised eyebrows are inevitable. plus they've "tried" to go for an asian look anyway but got everything mixed up. so it does matter you see

:lol::lol::lol:

This made me laugh so hard... Thanks ! :D :D :D

I totally agree with all you said.