✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PoC video

wolstenfierce

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are complaining about a lack of story... but isn't the video meant to be like a fake trailer for an imaginary film, like the trailers in Grindhouse? :L Probably won't change people's opinion, but I think part of the idea is that it's less of a story and more a series of random shots representing a wider, untold story. Sorta like the visuals in Plastic Beach by Gorillaz. Sky-pirates, giant plastic island, masked demon thing, etc. and no story. It's part of the wacky, colourful aspect of the era. How effective that is is another matter, but I don't think they were aiming for a cohesive story like they were in, for example, Strawberry Swing...

this makes total sense to me. I had wondered why it started with the trailer shot

does anyone notice the influence of Kung Fu Panda 2 on this video???

Rihanna = Shen (the villain)

Rihanna_Princes_Of_China.jpg

kung%20fu%20panda%202%2003.jpg

and all those scenarios are very similar too!

Chris and the kids love Kung Fu Panda! Hmmm...

ok good things:

Some awesome shots of Chris and cool scenery

the song is much better when put to some imagery, it distracts from the fact that the lyrics suck

bad things:

complete lack of plot. It could have been much much better if it had a cool story line. That's why Paradise and Strawberry swing worked so well- they had awesome imagery coupled with a good story. This video has cool shots, but they're so static- it's like the difference between seeing a beautiful animal (like say a snow leopard) stuffed and seeing it alive and moving. Without a good story, the video is nice to look at, but it doesn't do much else

All in all, it was alright (I think we can all agree it could've been much worse) but it's nothing special. A solid 5 for me

I don't like little things... (Rihanna nails :inquisitive:)

But I love many things, mainly the Moon with Chris & Rihanna, it's very symbolic, hurting and illuminati!

image.jpg

Illuminatis V Mooners will understand why! Rihanna & Chris are heros :kiss:

I actually love this video. I love that cheesy samuri stuff so I love the purposely throw back styled effects. The desert and sets are really cool. While I don't care for Rihanna, I thought she played here part well and had some pretty good shots. Chris is totally cool in this video (Unshaven Chris always is).

So yeah, different than anything else they've ever done but that's why I like it. A good one is my eyes. Good job boys!:thumbsup:

Chris and Rihanna should bang.

LOL...this video is commercial movie a little bored and popcorn 107amarillos.gif

dance lucky Rihanna is same but more india dance shiva

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva

So me I'm here on page web I will not move from my chair. and watch old concerts from 2005 . that's great that made a ​​clip now of this Brit but is maybe not a good idea. sadly

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te6A6PzbfF4]Coldplay-Square One Live @ Brit Awards 2006 - YouTube[/ame]

Some people are complaining about a lack of story... but isn't the video meant to be like a fake trailer for an imaginary film, like the trailers in Grindhouse? :L Probably won't change people's opinion, but I think part of the idea is that it's less of a story and more a series of random shots representing a wider, untold story. Sorta like the visuals in Plastic Beach by Gorillaz. Sky-pirates, giant plastic island, masked demon thing, etc. and no story. It's part of the wacky, colourful aspect of the era. How effective that is is another matter, but I don't think they were aiming for a cohesive story like they were in, for example, Strawberry Swing...

That's a very good point, except in Plastic Beach, everything came together so you eventually did hear that story- the music videos and various short videos the band released all contributed towards creating the story and world of the album. It was much more complex. So if you watch the Stylo video, for instance, with no context or prior knowledge of Plastic Beach, of course it makes no sense. Watch it with context, and you can follow easily. Also, even without context, there is still a story in the video- you can at least tell that there is a conflict between Bruce willis and the band members. There is none of that here, just shots of Rihanna and Chris, nothing else adds to it.

Chris he was so sexy. Great. That's what I care about actually. :) Riri she also did well. But I want to say... I'm glad that they didn't film kissing scene or something. This is enough fabulous. :lol:

There's a little problem to me.

The producer should use Chinese words for all the same/correct. Or this is just makes me unhappy and think they are not clever. There's so much different between Mandarin (Traditional Chinese) and simplified Chinese.

People in Taiwan and HK use Mandarin. And they will be 中國公主、克里斯‧馬汀 and 蕾哈娜

People in China and most foreigners use and learn simplified Chinese. They will be 中国公主、克里斯‧马汀 and 蕾哈娜

A lot of words for simplified Chines, they simplified too much. They can't almost be recognized. A Chinese character can be recognized when you look it at first time. It is like when you see re- or dis- , you can probably know what it means. But they just cut them off. Mr. Mao's policy is shit. (Sorry if it offends you.)

So, coldplayers you can watch the PoC again, and you will find they use two languages together. That's not RIGHT. They can't take care both of side at the same time.

Every time the similar things happen, they will be the fight at the end due to the different culture. Many countries do business with China, yeah they can choose not to see this. I don't care actually. Sorry for the all matters I said.

隔壁的 我真的不想跟你們吵 好嗎? 有知識的人大概都知道我們差很多吧?

_______

紅花殿 (It's like Red Flower Palace.) < This place is so weird. haha :lol: 情 < In this MV, 情 almost can be seen as love. :inquisitive:

I loved it, it was visually stunning, Rihanna was brilliant with her gestures, and her ribbons /scarves. Chris was great too. It was more of a stream of consciousness experience, no plot necessary. I think the video fits the song, and makes it better. POC is not one of my favorite songs on MX but this video made me appreciate the song more, so it did it's job. I think it was brilliant.