✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay MX comic panel at Comic-Con (13 July 2012)

inspectah94

Thank you for all the updates! :smiley:

I'm still not completely sold on the comic yet, but I have got to respect the time and work they have put into the comic/album. Every detail seems to be planned and thought of, and I'm looking forward to how everything ties in together.

I couldn't have put it in better words.

Part of me is excited, part of me is still reluctant.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn I'm really excited for these comics and the HLH video. It's kind of funny how people were complaining about how MX lyrics were shallow and the album had actually no concept and now it looks like everything will fall into place. Also, after watching these videos, the story actually seems very interesting. I wish they made a whole movie in that style.

Anyways, I'm very impressed that the band actually managed to keep these comics' existence a secret all this time.

Wow! That looks great! I don't really understand the story from the first 9 pages, but looking forward to making the connection with the album.

@Dianne Where can we buy this? I'm also in SoCal and want to get this now.

My friend Jason is at Comic Con and picked up my copy. I'll scan more tomorrow. Takes a while to scan and upload.

Let's put a marker in what we've discovered.

•The story has place in SILCENCIA

•The race of Irdoks, which Majos Minus belongs, rules this world with a false policy of peace.

•They command the Silencers, who are responsible for the maintenance of the 'peace' in the world.

•To help them, they have the Hypnofeed, it's like a hypnotic kind of media, a brain wash, to keep the civilians away from making something they must not.

•The Irdoks says the color and sound that appear once in a while in the city are made by The Eaters. A lie. It's only to keep the civilians away from the art, that is actually made for those 'rebels' we can see in the first pages.

•There is an "A Hopeful Transmission" symbol in every Hypnofeed helmet.

•Mylo is a Silencer.

•REX(Mylo's best friend) is the pink one.

Everyone got those conclusions?

Oh and thanks for the scans.

thanks Dianne for the scans :)

the drawings and all the colour look amazing but i've read it 3 times and don't understand whats going on. quite confusing

Have you read this?

Coldplay's Secret Mylo Xyloto Comic Book Concept!

By Chrissy on July 13, 2012 | From fameball.com

Featuring: Mylo Xyloto | Coldplay Mylo | Comic Con | Con Friday

Well welly well, Coldplay ! Masterminding a creative concept project over many years that combines music, art, and storytelling??? THAT IS AWESOME GALACTIC SPACE SAUCE!!! It seems that Coldplay's latest studio album Mylo Xyloto isn't just a spectacular record, it's also a musical companion to a whole comic book universe, whose main character is called Mylo Xyloto! Famed director/writer Mark Osbourne co-created the comic and its menagerie of characters with Coldplay, and is now FINALLY allowed to talk about this epic construction! Osbourne reveals: "[The comic series] is the story of Mylo Xyloto, a young Silencer on the front lines of a war against sound and color in the world of Silencia. Mylo discovers that the enemy he's been trained to hate his whole life might not be the enemy after all. Like many Silencers, he was raised in an orphanage and conditioned to be a Silencer from a very young age. Legions of Silencers were created after the Great War of Colors took many lives, including the lives of Mylo's parents Aiko and Lela. That war threatened the safety of the citizens and strict measures were put in place to ensure it would never happen again. At the start of our story, Mylo is not so sure that all the propaganda and strict measures are legitimate, but he keeps these concerns close to his vest since they are just vague feelings that even his best friend Rex can't quite support." HOLY STELLAR SHIZ BALLZ! We want it and we want it now!!! But, apparently there are only six issues being released monthly starting February 2013, and the amount will be limited!! Booo! However, if you are heading over to Comic-Con this Friday, members of the Mylo Xyloto creative team will be there to divulge MORE cray cray details at 1pm! Huzzah!

http://www.zimbio.com/Coldplay/articles/7S3uEWsn15I/Coldplay+Secret+Mylo+Xyloto+Comic+Book+Concept

I'm still confiused as well but excited!

Wow! Thank you to Jason and Dianne for all the sneak peeks and updates! I just woke up and read this whole thread in about 20 minutes. Now it's time to go sit in a corner with my iPhone and watch all the videos haha!

A friend of mine receiver a press pass for Comic Con and managed to grab me thee limited edition comic so I'm beyond excited about that!

When I first heard about the band creating a comic, I was a bit skeptical and not sure if I would be so interested into it. However, that thought has changed and I'm all for this idea! I do agree that they should release some new tracks with each issue but I guess the HLH video is a start. ;)

Let's put a marker in what we've discovered.

•The story has place in SILCENCIA

•The race of Irdoks, which Majos Minus belongs, rules this world with a false policy of peace.

•They command the Silencers, who are responsible for the maintenance of the 'peace' in the world.

•To help them, they have the Hypnofeed, it's like a hypnotic kind of media, a brain wash, to keep the civilians away from making something they must not.

•The Irdoks says the color and sound that appear once in a while in the city are made by The Eaters. A lie. It's only to keep the civilians away from the art, that is actually made for those 'rebels' we can see in the first pages.

•There is an "A Hopeful Transmission" symbol in every Hypnofeed helmet.

•Mylo is a Silencer.

•REX(Mylo's best friend) is the pink one.

Everyone got those conclusions?

Oh and thanks for the scans.

Thinking about it actually I disagree about The Eaters. To me the Eaters were some kind of monsters who, according to the Irdoks, were attracted by sound and color and attacked the citizens (which is the official reason why everyone has to keep quiet etc etc). The color and sound that appear are made by Sparkers (did anyone see a reference to Sparks ? :awesome: ....I saw sparks....:awesome: )

And from the arrest Mylo& Rex did, I guess there's something on people's hands that helps clarify whether they're Sparkers or regular civilians...:thinking:

Thinking about it actually I disagree about The Eaters. To me the Eaters were some kind of monsters who, according to the Irdoks, were attracted by sound and color and attacked the citizens (which is the official reason why everyone has to keep quiet etc etc). The color and sound that appear are made by Sparkers (did anyone see a reference to Sparks ? :awesome: ....I saw sparks....:awesome: )

And from the arrest Mylo& Rex did, I guess there's something on people's hands that helps clarify whether they're Sparkers or regular civilians...:thinking:

Yes, you're right. I guess I couldn't find the right words.

And the Sparkers fingers are really different. It looks like the top of their fingers shine like leds. It's interesting that when they see the civilian's hands, they say he is "Clean", as if the Sparkers use some kind of drugs... it's intriguing.