✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I have a problem (and answers to questions about having a neutral gender)

MaxRide

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My word, you just get Thanks for anything.

I'm not personally jealous, it's just not fair on Tash who works hard for hers. :nice:

Excuse me to interrupt in the discussion, but I think this is what Rafael (Prospector) was hinting at (though I don't think he was right about you doing things to catch people's attention): out of nowhere, you say something to offend people on their faces. You hadn't even been provoked to. Sorry, but this is just downright rude.

Excuse me to interrupt in the discussion, but I think this is what Rafael (Prospector) was hinting at (though I don't think he was right about you doing things to catch people's attention): out of nowhere, you say something to offend people on their faces. You hadn't even been provoked to. Sorry, but this is just downright rude.

Thanks for the support, but actually I don't think he was beign rude right now, come on there's even a happy simile on the end.

I wasn't even trying to be rude to anyone there! And I don't think I was, maybe that was a bit confusing. Did you think I was being rude to Brent or to Tash? And if so, how? I really meant fuck-all by it.

To Tash because I feel you're being ironic at her having so many thanks. Maybe you're not being rude at Brent this time (sorry, I think I must've been carried way, which wouldn't be without reason, if I am perfectly honest).

edit:

Thanks for the support, but actually I don't think he was beign rude right now, come on there's even a happy simile on the end.

Yes, that's what I call 'irony'.

(I'll end my part of the discussion here because I don't want to negatively interfere in the debate.)

Lolwut. Seemed pretty harmless to me.

When it's used too much it's downright confusing. Is he talking about a group? Is he talking about genderqueer people generally (As in "leave one alone, even if anyone changes their mind...)? So yes you are right, it can be used, but only as a last resort to refer to a person singularly.

Well, should I use "xe" or Spivak pronouns (em, ey) instead? (probably the latter, since they still use a similar convention to "they," but are used to refer to one person)

(also, to the attraction thing that a few people have been mentioning: I'm not trying to disagree with any of you when I say this, but I can't even see why anyone regarded to be "hot" - even the "normal" type, as opposed to the "oh look I have muscles" type - is, well, seen that way. I don't doubt that any of you haven't felt the way I have at some point, but have you ever not wanted a relationship in the future? [genuine question time])

-

Well...today's the day. *nervous*

MaxRide, what hold you back?

Well, mostly, it was the fact that I got really nervous. I'm so awkward sometimes. :disappointed:

(Also, I said that "I need to tell you [mom] and dad something after dinner," and my mom kept questioning me about it. ._. She's done that before, but it really bothers me when she does...)

-update-

Well, I came out to my family yesterday (brothers/one of my brother's fiancee)/today (mom and dad - just an hour ago, actually)...and I got mixed reactions. [to be clear,

-both of my brothers (and the younger one's fiancee) are completely fine with my gender-neutral-ness, and are absolutely fine with referring to me correctly.

-my mom doesn't really "get it," and she keeps referring to me incorrectly, but she doesn't mean to be rude/mean-spirited - she's just not used to the change of pronouns yet.

-...my dad keeps intentionally referring to me as a 'she' to my mom when I don't identify that way. He also thinks that non-binary-ness in general is strange/weird.

:bigcry: I didn't expect him to understand completely (he was born just before the end of WWII :|), but his reaction is getting to my head a little.

At least none of them are rejecting me/being hateful.

/rant and update over. continue with your lives.

^ Yeah, I was really happy about that. :nice: My younger half-brother and his fiancee (he's 27...huge age gap, I know) are really open-minded, so I wasn't too worried about being accepted by them.

My dad is kind of closed-minded (not completely, but he's pretty intolerable of other people's opinions in general), so I'm not too surprised, to be honest. :\

• 2 weeks later...

So I just put two and two together and realized the other day I'm the same thing we should be friends

(Not that we weren't already, haha)

And yeah, reading through all the posts in this thread, it's not inherently a concern or something to really care about at all about to identify as agender, but it becomes so when it's accompanied by the dysphoria (which I think is the difference between agender and neutrois?)

And I don't really think it's related at all to gender roles (Though I obviously can't speak for anyone other than myself), but other internalized gender stereotypes probably play a large role in it considering the desire to be absent of any "characteristic" gender traits, so it's really confusing to think about in theory. Either way though, it's a legitimate thing and there's still another aspect of it that can't really be explained but is separate from social constructs and that's I think the biggest part.