✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay will release track "Atlas" from "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" soundtrack on 6/8 Sept

Tash

Just noticed that a snippet of the bass riff sounds a lot like this bit in Paradise:
(bah-dah-bam!) Awesome!

I noticed that too! haha good username btw.

Also what really impresses me about Atlas is the how piano-driven it is. I tried working through it briefly on piano this morning and it's more complex than usual- it reminds me of Postcards from Far Away.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that too! haha good username btw.

Also what really impresses me about Atlas is the how piano-driven it is. I tried working through it briefly on piano this morning and it's more complex than usual- it reminds me of Postcards from Far Away.

It has a great balance between being very unique and also contain familiar bits and pieces.

It's a bit like Clocks, too. A complex melody but you don't notice when listening to it, it's just beautiful. Just found a pretty good piano version of Clocks which illustrates it: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQgQ78fKmj0]Coldplay - Clocks - YouTube[/ame]

Just bought it on the danish iTunes. And I also saw the gorgeous lyrics video! The song is beautiful, no doubt! I just with it had been longer and the chorus more developed. Every time I listen to it, it leaves me wanting for more. It will surely sound perfect and work beautifully in the movie. Also Jonny´s guitar part WAY too short for my taste! :)

What a good song really love it and i'm glad they're sounding a bit like A rush of blood again. I think this song was made when they were working on Moving to mars, the vocal melody sounds a lot like it some times. i hope this'll be somewhat the direction they're moving towards, it really sounds like a combination of all their albums. The only thing is that I think the song would have been even better if there were more lyrics. Sometimes it sounds as if chris is waiting to say some words and then pauze again , in stead of telling a story or scentences. But all in all a great song and although it reminds me of the older albums , it also has a unique twist and something fresh.

Guest LiquidSky
Atlas just entered the US ITunes Charts at #96.

Lets take it to the top 10!!!!

It shows that it's #3 for me :huh:

EDIT: I guess it's #3 for the Soundtracks charts but on all Genres it comes up as #80 :thumbsup: