"O" is gonna be my favorite track!

joseki

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the name ''O (Fly On)''

It reminds me a bit of the Noel Gallagher songs ''AKA...What A life''

could be...doesn't Noel's another song "Let the Lord Shed A Light on Me" also sound spiritual; maybe the holy bird coveys important messages via Magic:). Another song with similar embedded meanings is Birds of Paradise from 60', which is for me, definitely has strong spiritual powers~ Travis' Sing has also birds' singing *0*

Judging by the drawing beside the name song, I was thinking if this song could be related to bird migration or a reference to it. Maybe a song about change?

Wikipedia says: The bird migration is the regular seasonal journeys undertaken by many species of birds. In addition to migration, the birds perform other movements in response to changes in food availability, habitat or weather, which are usually irregular or in only one direction and variously known as nomadism, invasions, irruptions or dispersions.

I would be just fine if we saw all kinds of hints of Noel Gallagher in this album. Would be the best mashup to ever hit this planet.

He's a respectable musical artist, but in terms of personal character and all the tommyrot he's said about Coldplay unnecessarily, I don't know. I mean Coldplay's been taking from Radiohead pretty clearly for a long time and even Thom treats the guys with much more respect than Noel. :thinking:

This is just a theory but maybe the meaning of the song "O" has something to do with the symbology of a circle. Apparently circles are frequently used as a symbol for the sun (which is a star; "a sky full of stars") and a circle can also represent the element of spirit, which seems to be a prevalent theme in the album given it's called ghost stories. Also the birds beside the song title may be suggestive of the holy dove, which is seen on the "Magic" artwork. The holy dove is representative of the holy spirit so it all seems to tie together. I dunno I could be completely wrong haha.

The "O" also could mean a ring… marriage, fidelity, or something similar (according to the theory that the album is about a love story, or relationships, or Gwyneth, etc.). Just another theory.

Yeah that would make sense given that it's a love story. I just thought maybe because it's called ghost stories and that they use imagery of a dove and allusions to magic superimposed on the artwork that it could have a deeper meaning than the surface value of a simple love story. I guess we need to hear the whole album to put it into perspective. But yeah so far I haven't seen any links between the musical art and visual art so I'm looking forward to hearing the whole album to ponder it more haha.

• 4 weeks later...
Didnt expect the song to be that long, but its intresting.
Very intrigued by that as well. When they played it at the LA show it seemed closer to 4 or 5 minutes or so. Maybe we're getting another Everything's Not Lost/Life Is For Living situation?