✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate "Magic" and post your review/comments (New Poll - Magic music vid)

Saket

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kmm1482

I love it! Sounds like more a return to a simpler sound, but still growing. The second is my favorite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys,

Listen everyone has their opinion.

Let the dust settle first, and listen to the song a couple of times. While listening though, think about this new direction the band is going. Nothing will ever truly have a AROBTH or Viva feel to it.

I know that's sad for some, but new is NEW, and it's exciting and fresh.

Remember three years ago, all the WTF's were going on?

Guess what, it's going to happen again.

Overall, I give the song a 7/10. Simple lyrics, but it gets the point across.

Guest kmm1482

I don't want them to be on LP6 and STILL sound like AROBTTH. All good bands grow and are relevant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This song is pleasant. We should all be honest here, Chris Martin isn't quite a poet, but the way he delivers these lyrics are earnest and believable. I hope this album overall goes for a more alternative sounding route with less radio explosions, and "Magic," as the lead single is the most poppy of the bunch. Not as exciting as Midnight by any means, but Coldplay do know how to make one catchy and pretty tune. 7/10

Love love love this song :dazzled:

And the album artwork is brilliantly amazing, both for the single and the album.

Yes I concur with the praise about the album and single artwork. They are stunning! I´ve listened to Magic about 10 times today and it has a sweet happy vibe. It IS a simple song, but then again not all songs need to be layered, obscure or deep. It´s nice with some levity here and there.

I find the lyrics very cute, to me seems like Chris wrote Magic for his kids.

THAT makes total sense!

I´ve listened to Magic about 10 times today and it has a sweet happy vibe. It IS a simple song, but then again not all songs need to be layered, obscure or deep. It´s nice with some levity here and there.

I agree, it's a catchy tune with beautiful guitar lines (especially that acoustic part at 3:14) and a nice beat that makes u forget about the simplistic lyrics. :dazzled:

looking foward to see it live, Magic probably will become a great sing along song.

Gave it a 9/10, btw.

This is the first time Coldplay has released a song that I was disappointed in. I love Chris's lyrics and don't agree with people who say it's not his strength. But this one is far too simple for me and the music didn't makeup for it. But, I'm glad so many of you like it. I was hoping it was just me.

8/10

It's a good song, the beat is cool and the guitar lines are great. I like the fact that it never really gets epic or anything, seems like they decided to keep things smaller this time, it's a relaxing song, kind of happy. Reminds me a bit of the feeling of U2's Sweetest Thing, the fact is that they sound really confortable with themselves in it, it flows really naturally, it's not rushed, not loud, it's just a good song. They don't seem to be trying to prove nothing to anyone. The lyrics could sound a bit lazy, but the fact is that they fit really well in the melody, seems like this could be the lyrics of the song since the very first version, I like that, I do like the song. They seem to be having fun with it.

I really love the melody of this song and how it gets better and better. Especially the guitar lines in the second part are amazing! On the one hand we had Midnight and now Magic and I am really pleased with those 2 songs. They are very different, but I like them both. Magic is a very positive Song. I was listening to it while walking to work this Morning and my mood instantly went up. Thanks Coldplay :) But now it is harder to wait for LP6.

I would say it is a 9/10, but maybe it will get a 8/10 without that Hype.

I can't stop listening to it. Just love how mellow and chill it is. I could just close my eyes and enjoy this song over and over again. It reminds me of how mellow Parachutes is. I see Parachutes as an album that goes well with rainy weather and I think this song also pairs well with rainy weather. is that a random comment, I don't know, but I do know that I'm loving the direction of the new album so far! :D