✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate "Magic" and post your review/comments (New Poll - Magic music vid)

Saket

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will give it an 8.. it is a great song. it is more minimalistic than their past 2 albums. it is more alternative and less poppy for me. i think coldplay is at their best when they scale back a bit and it is evident here in this song.

It's a brilliant little love song, and I fell in love with it pretty much on the spot, unlike Midnight (which took two listens to really fall in love with.) I like when Coldplay do acoustic ballads like this, makes me think of Parachutes, Til Kingdom Come, and some songs from the VLV era... and this one's probably my new favorite. Gonna be jamming to this one for a while.

I'm giving it a 9/10 because it's not Charlie Brown or Viva La Vida. ;)

I think that at the moment I prefer Midnight. I got really attached to that song, and I don't necessarily have that personal connection with Magic atm.

Regarding Magic itself, the lyrics are honestly, to me, quite average compared to what Chris can do. He does sound lovely and adorable though. I much prefer the music. Relaxing and positive, I really enjoy it, and OMG that part around 3.25 i think? :dazzled: It kinda reminds me of Lukas :dazzled: Exactly what I've been dying to hear from them in a while :dazzled:

I don't think it's much of hit material though. Coldplay do better commercially with anthems, so I really wonder how well it's going to do on the charts and if there will be an actual anthem this time on LP6..well..on GS :D

I really really like the song overall and I'm pretty sure it's about to seriously grow on me!

I like the production (i can hear every intrument), the sound of it and the structure and the way that Chris sings it, but i hate the lyrics, Chris you are a 37 years old married man with two kids but sometimes you write like a boy in middle schoold

what he said basically word for word. like the music itself lyrics are pretty bad imo. Midnight got me excited because that song is great.this one is average

I like the production (i can hear every intrument), the sound of it and the structure and the way that Chris sings it, but i hate the lyrics, Chris you are a 37 years old married man with two kids but sometimes you write like a boy in middle school

Yeah, I 100% agree. Luckily I have learned to at points (a lot with MX) to not read too much into the lyrics, but these are decent. Not his worst, but far from Viva material which was by far his best. Midnight reminded me of that era a lot more lyrics wise when Chris was writing more metaphors and idioms into his songs. Hopefully the rest of the albums leans towards Midnight's type of lyrics.

Downloaded it from itunes and it is playing on repeat (offcourse).

I like the second half of the track the most; from 2:34 and on.

Unfortunatelly it does not 'get' me like Midnight did (at the first listening of that great song).

I hope my feel for Magic will change in time. I voted 8: I don't and I don't and I don't and I don't like the "I'don't's" .... :embarrassed:

For me Midnight is still the first (and a great) single of Ghost Stories.

I agree with people saying this is not as "magical" as midnight at all, but then again Magic is intentionally carrying a totally different vibe, a chill relaxed vibe. And it does its job very well. Also the bass line, people! It´s AMAZINGLY addictive!

And may we also stop a moment to celebrate Johnny´s guitar chiming in at around 2:55 as well as that acoustic guitar wonder kicking in at around 3:15.

I am overall quite pleased! Can´t wait for March 11 iTunes Festival, where we might hear more songs from Ghost Stories :)

I really like it as song ...Its not a stand out but I genuinely think its a lovely love song possibly written in the middle of the night! Its really melodious and easier to get into than Midnight which is a harder track. I think this album is heavy more on the production than the lyrics which is okay. I find the metaphor of a magic act with love to be quite sweet really.

Magic seems a bit corny too me when I first hear it. But after a few listens, I love it! It's unlike Midnight where it grows on me, it just makes me instantly connect with it. The main strength of this song is Chris's voice. He sings with the charm of someone whose lover said "Yes!" after he pop the question. Which makes this song very bearable, since the lyrics are a bit simplistic and a bit repetitive. I love the instruments in this song. It gives it like an MX sort of feel. The drums and pianos very stood out the most. Nice job guys! Very hopeful for the album! :)

9.5/10