✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate "Magic" and post your review/comments (New Poll - Magic music vid)

Saket

My brain really can't understand how the same people wrote a song like Yes, Violet Hill and Viva la Vida, with a lot of culture in it and then write "call it magic when i'm with you" like, really?? Ugh I'm so mad at Chris right now, and even more mad at Will, Guy and Jonny for letting Chris writing such immature lyrics. Sometimes i fail to understand their muscal maturity

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with those who say Midnight is the song they prefer the most out of the two they've released from Ghost Stories so far. If I'm being brutally honest I don't think both songs are 'hits' as such. Both are nice charming songs, so it'll be interesting to see how they are performed live.

Magic does seem a little 'R&B' like as some have stated. The second half of the song is most definitely the better part of it, and we can hear Jonny this time!

The more I listen to it the more it'll grow on me I think. I had to listen to Midnight a few times before it grew on me, so first impressions are obviously pretty raw.

why do people accept every shite coldplay make ... i mean i love their music but these songs are just boring and uncreative simple as that ...no i dont no idont no i dont like this song too(btw i think this is some kind of joke probably someone hacked coldplay official page placed some amateur pop music and some electro stuff made in fruity loops using 1 note and posted there )i,if not i hope the rest of the album has some real music coldplay used to make

why do people accept every shite coldplay make ... i mean i love their music but these songs are just boring and uncreative simple as that ...no i dont no idont no i dont like this song too(btw i think this is some kind of joke probably someone hacked coldplay official page placed some amateur pop music and some electro stuff made in fruity loops using 1 note and posted there )i,if not i hope the rest of the album has some real music coldplay used to make

tumblr_m76c1i0BOI1r940t6o1_500.jpg

My brain really can't understand how the same people wrote a song like Yes, Violet Hill and Viva la Vida, with a lot of culture in it and then write "call it magic when i'm with you" like, really?? Ugh I'm so mad at Chris right now, and even more mad at Will, Guy and Jonny for letting Chris writing such immature lyrics. Sometimes i fail to understand their muscal maturity

Indeed. Hopefully we will get better lyrics on other songs. But let's be honest. We have not have GREAT lyrics since at least VIVA. And nothing like the lyrics in the AROBTTH era.

yeah sweet for a 14 years old boy writing a note for her 13 years new girlfriend... Chris you can do way better

I agree.

HEY MAYBE HE FOUND A NEW GIRLF-okay I shut up now :wacky:

LOL nah come on, they're released only 2 songs from the new album, and of them is kinda bad. Maye the rest of the songs will be better. MAYBE.

tumblr_m76c1i0BOI1r940t6o1_500.jpg

I'm always imagining Chris is fartin' on the second pic lol :awesome:

So, I love the sound, the instruments, the voice.

I agree that the lyrics are cheesy, but I don't care, I guess that's how they are meant to be.

And if you consider that Chris is a man who wears the LOVE pin all the time and he means it... That's just him, I think he doesn't care if it's cheesy.

Can't wait for more!

And I absolutely love the artwork.

Really digging it. I'm particulary keen on the chilled-out mood and production. Like I've said in the other thread, the vocals sounds like something that could fit in Daft Punk's latest album.

Hi everyone I am new to the forum and here comes my first post:

As an old Coldplayer I give this song a 6 because both lyrics and the melody aren't really up to their standard. Also I want to hear more insturments. I still quite like it but hope other songs will be better.

Magic is awesome. I hoped that they will come back to their roots, but now I see the new direction and I really like it. I can't say which I prefer - Magic or Midnight. But just imagine how great should sound these songs live! :awesome:

Magic is awesome. I hoped that they will come back to their roots, but now I see the new direction and I really like it. I can't say which I prefer - Magic or Midnight. But just imagine how great should sound these songs live! :awesome:

I think it's a bit early to see totally what direction the whole album will take both Midnight and Magic are pretty different from each other!

I gave this a 5, though it's more of a 5.5. First I was okay with where it was going. Then I realised the lyrics were poopy and repetitive again, and the song sort of stalled and stopped... progressing? How many different ways can I say 'this did not go anywhere interesting'. After Midnight, I am a sad.

ETA - it does manage to save itself slightly by being more low-key, however.

The lyrics are meh but just earlier I was listening to Magic while walking to some place and it is sunny today and the "no I don't no I don't no I don't" part felt better than in the first listens? Definitely growing on me, then!

I do agree that, alone, the lyrics are definitely of a low level compared to what Chris Martin can do. However they are more enjoyable the more I listen to the song, it seems?

Tbh the lyrics to Midnight are, I think, amazing, so I still have hopes for great lyrics in GS (omg we can say GS now :awesome: )

(pssst. who's been sneaking chris martin some sort of potion to turn him into a parrot while making these singles. it's impressive that not one, but two phrases were added to the parrot dictionary this time but i wish to have a word)

(pssst. who's been sneaking chris martin some sort of potion to turn him into a parrot while making these singles. it's impressive that not one, but two phrases were added to the parrot dictionary this time but i wish to have a word)

I wanted to thank this post but apparently I can't.

You made me LAWL