✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Sky Full Of Stars is this week's 'hotshot' on a big Belgian radio station, that basically means they will play it 10 times a day because in their opinion it's a song everyone has to hear. (stupidz, it's on #1 so everyone will hear it...) This also means they posted the song on their facebook page with the message "Has Coldplay released a summer hit?". And as usual, the comments to that post are gold. A little selection :cheesy:

no
I miss the old Coldplay :/

This isn't Coldplay anymore...

This is an affront to all the [radio station's name] fans. No wonder his wife ran off
oh hahaha that's so funny really one of the best ones ahahaha :blank: :shifty:

posted in English, so literally this:

stop making stupid people famous

the rather beautiful sentences:

Coldplay has yet already been releasing dazzling bullcrap records single after single ...

It's been reeaaaaaally long since Coldplay gave us qualitative material. With just good marketing they won't be holding on much longer...

That boring band again..pfff

So we got:

• People who want "the old Coldplay" back CHECK
  • the kind of haters that can't even make decent sentences CHECK
  • People who clearly listened to all Coldplay's recent records and are in the right position to say they haven't released anything that sounds like Parachutes and AROBTTH since 2002 CHECK
  • People who find them boring CHECK

haaaaaaaah not that I give a shit but I always sort of look forward to reading this kind of stuff :wacky:

Interestingly, I liked ASFOS on first listen better than I did for ETIAW. But in retrospect, ETIAW is really good lyrics.... "from underneath the rubble sing a rebel song" <-- it's like the worldplay and artistry of VLVoDAAHF but with the slightly poppier/life-affirming twist that MX put on things.

Whereas now it's "I wanna diiiie in your arms." Which I find a lot less deep. That said, the lyrics of ASFOS are less cringeworthy than Magic ["fall so hard"] or Another's Arms ["your body on my body"].

Also, once you listen to the live version a few times I feel like the guitar parts become a lot more obvious in the album version. If you know what to listen for and suddenly it's all there.

They're always using the same reasons, over and over again.

Agree. People where I'm from (NW England) absolutely hate them! But whenever I ask why they mumble the word "gay". I'm like: "Ok, define gay please"..."Well done"..."Now define alternative rock..." Gets them every fucking time ;)

Agree. People where I'm from (NW England) absolutely hate them! But whenever I ask why they mumble the word "gay". I'm like: "Ok, define gay please"..."Well done"..."Now define alternative rock..." Gets them every fucking time ;)

Good one ;)

Yeah, saying that Coldplay is boring, how ironic! :lol:

I find it too.

Google rolling stone article from March and you will find a great story about why people are wrong to diss Coldplay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mind posting the link? There have been a lot of articles about Coldplay lately

I think Coldplay have been around long enough for ppl to have made up their minds on them by this point. An album isn't gonna change their views. With that being said I don't mind that ppl don't like Coldplay. It's when they don't like them for stupid reasons like "they are teh ghey".

http://news.yahoo.com/why-cool-hate-coldplay-094500188--politics.html?soc_src=mediacontentsharebuttons

This is the post I was trying to remember that defends us Coldplay fans and the music and band!

Thank you! That was a great article. It was interesting that he mentioned True Love as one of the best songs. We haven't heard much about it yet

Do you guys remember when people were saying this song sounded like "We Found Love" by Rihanna? Am I the only one who doesn't see it?

I don't see it tbh. The chord progression isn't it me thinks, it's the tempo at which it's played.The chord scheme for We Found Love is way more repetitive...fucking Rihanna :mad:

I can see the comparison. We Found Love is one of my favourite dance songs of the last few years, I actually like it more than ASFOS honestly (please don't hurt me.) They are obviously very different songs but they follow the same EDM tendencies. The piano, drumbeat, build and drop all sound very similar to me. Actually all EDM radio songs have an identical drum beat haha.

Oh, now I see where they see the similarities. Thank you all! :)

Sorry for bringing this up if it has already been mentioned, but on the the official website, the lyrics read (after the chorus): "Cause in your eyes cause in your eyes there's a spark" Whilst in the studio recording, it's: "Cause you're a sky, cause you're a sky full of stars..."

Look here: http://coldplay.com/recordings/ghost_stories/a_sky_full_of_stars/

That's weird. :inquisitive: