✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallo everyone,

i made a instrumental version, without synthesizer or techno beat:

[video=youtube;xx6fcS3CAzw]

Very nice, I really enjoyed it, especially the changing light effects in the background! :thumbsup: :)

I was getting goosebumps once my dad played this to me this morning, I love this tune. But I admit I am a bit pissed off that none of us uk residents are getting the special edition of the Ghost Stories album, but I reckon around this time next year the 7th album will be here.

After listening both studio and live versions of ASFOS, I give it 9/10.

It has ETIAW upbeat feel that makes me wanna jump (reminds me a bit of Swedish House Mafia's Don't You Worry Child), lyrically it's more complex than ETIAW but the oh oh oh oh part it's a little strange.

Or maybe LP7 with the more up tempo tracks that did not fit Ghost Stories followed by a world tour. (Wishful thinking)

that or just a EP, anything will be welcome ;)

Hallo everyone,

i made a instrumental version, without synthesizer or techno beat:

[video=youtube;xx6fcS3CAzw]

Great instrumental, cheers. It's a bit sad though as it shows you how good the song could have been.

lyrically more complex than ETIAW?? it repeats practically the same phrases throughout the song. Every Teardrop is way more lyrically complex than Sky - I like both songs - but ETIAW is definitely their own take on an EDM type of song. Whereas, Sky is definitely more of outright blend or straight up EDM song.

Guest kmm1482
+ 4

Goodbye.

I hate ASFOS with a passion, but I'm not giving up on a band just because of 1 damn song. That's ridiculous. The whole "I miss old Coldplay. They're dead to me now." Is just ridiculous. Have they just been ignoring the rest of the album? O is what they're looking for. People fail to realize that they need at least one huge pop song to market their album. Trust me, I hate the song too, but the band didn't go anywhere. Ghost Stories is full of songs much better than this. When in doubt, blame Avicii.

Agreed. Can NOT get into this song. It sounds like every other fad song on the radio, just with Chris's vocals. But the rest of the album sounds just like what I've been so desperately missing about them. ASFOS seems like it's a misleading trailer for a good movie that's just made to put butts in seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to laugh I stayed up to watch SNL last night like a little kid then fell asleep before ASFoS! I had to run a 10 mile race this am and crashed. Just saw the clip posted. What a heavenly view...

I do like the song - I think the vocals are really powerful and thats what sets it apart from a generic club song really. However i do think that people that labelled this song as coldplays best ever song before it came out hyped it up way too much.

This^. I'm so hyped up when I first read the Sony review post in this site. I think the song is good but was overrated.

It's a strangely addictive song for me. I've listened to it 30 times now. I don't like EDM. But the melody is just awesome and chris's vocals really shine.

I think this would be one of my fav Coldplay songs if they took out the EDM drums and put in Politik style drums.

It's a strangely addictive song for me. I've listened to it 30 times now. I don't like EDM. But the melody is just awesome and chris's vocals really shine.

I think this would be one of my fav Coldplay songs if they took out the EDM drums and put in Politik style drums.

I agree. I'm not a big fan of EDM either. It's catch and gets you moving, but usually doesn't have much meaning. The live version is much more guitar driven though. Hopefully we'll get another live CD out of this album

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not so much that it's catchy or anything, but like most good Coldplay songs, it's the soundtrack to my love life.

When I'm thinking about that girl I like....I hear A Sky Full Of Stars now.