✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this on the album? I'd much prefer the songs that sound better as a live performance stay off the albums and be released as tour EPs or hiddens. I just don't get how it relates to the rest of the album apart from 'it's singing about someone' and 'upbeat single'

6193-sad-batman.gif

I actually thought this song wasn't fit enough to be on the album but being a single is not on the case. It was a superb single, but in terms of album value, I wouldn't say its the best. Still, I enjoy ASFOS and I'm looking forward for the MV. It's gonna be pretty awesome!

The more I listen to the album in its entirety, the more I irritate this song. It doesn't flow, it kills the mood. It's the first time I completely agree with the critics. Placing the song Ghost Story on this place in the album would made everything so different.

Why is this on the album? I'd much prefer the songs that sound better as a live performance stay off the albums and be released as tour EPs or hiddens. I just don't get how it relates to the rest of the album apart from 'it's singing about someone' and 'upbeat single'

6193-sad-batman.gif

I agree. It's like they forced themselves to do a happy song to please the crowd when they go on tour. It feels out of place, especially between Oceans and O. It might have worked on MX, next to ETIAW (makes skipping easier as well).

I mean on an album about heartbreak, you would expect a happier song still being kind of sad. When someone you love leaves you, you may get drunk, sleep with other people and be rebellious for a while, but you still wouldn't be happy.

But I'm biased because I dislike the song in general, even if it was a separate track.

Yeah, but what happened to this song being the next Viva. I mean, not quality wise, but even just sales wise. Tbh, now looking back, one of the reasons I liked this song was because I thought it was going to be big. Perhaps thats a poor assessment to a song, but now the song has become worse to me.

Yeah, but what happened to this song being the next Viva. I mean, not quality wise, but even just sales wise. Tbh, now looking back, one of the reasons I liked this song was because I thought it was going to be big. Perhaps thats a poor assessment to a song, but now the song has become worse to me.

I feel like maybe that's why the song flopped. IMO, this song doesn't have much depth and is pretty generic. It's a good pop record, but I somehow knew the song wouldn't do well because it just sounds like any other pop song.

its #8 in US itunes now. this song is gonna be big. dont worry

I feel like maybe that's why the song flopped. IMO, this song doesn't have much depth and is pretty generic. It's a good pop record, but I somehow knew the song wouldn't do well because it just sounds like any other pop song.

its too early to say that this song flopped. it hasnt been sent to radio adds in the US yet. its currently #8 in US itunes now. Viva la vida the song is clearly an exception to the rule when it comes to coldplay's singles. It much fairer to compare this song to Paradise or Clocks or speed of sound.

seriously... before i had the album i liked the song but its like on the album it just piss me off because i constantly have to skip it lol. i just want to delete it from my music library because its fucking up the rotation

A Sky Full of Stars is a very interesting song, but I think most of it is due to the fact the Coldplay community was going fucking nuts over hearing this song. Since the LA shows, I'm not sure if a single negative review of the song existed, so of course our expectations were reaching the stars. The band knew what they were doing when they played the song live for the first time since March, and while they wanted the song to remain a secret, it was absolutely inevitable for someone to leak the song. And it did, obviously. But I remember forcing myself to not listen to the snippet because of how soon we'd be getting the actual song. I gave in, listened to it, felt mixed about it, and then blocked it from my memory so I would at least be half-surprised when it officially released.

It's been about, what, three weeks now? I can't say I love the song still, but it fits in very nicely within the context of the album, but especially with its placement on the tracklist. I've noticed that I am more likely to listen to it than I am by itself when Coldplay is on shuffle. Doesn't mean its bad!

3.5/5

I came across that bad recording that first leaked of this song again. It's fun remembering the anticipation everyone had for it, all from such a low quality recording!

Funny I thought same other day - remembering the anticipation.

I played entire album on drums for first time yesterday.

The pace was so slow - I was drooling to get to ASFoS!

Well let's just say I don't think the song fits into the album AT ALL. It sticks out like sore thumb. That doesn't mean I don't like, though. I find it pretty amazing, and it was a blast to hear it live!

I wish they'd have switched it with "Ghost Stories" or any other of the extra songs, IMO it would have fitted much better.

Now I just delete it from the playlist :sad:

^^ Agreed. This would fit well in MX not in GS.

Still hoping they'll release an acoustic version so I can switch it with the studio one on my iPod.

Yeah definitely! It's such a party-hard song :lol:

OMG an acoustic version would be freaking sweet :drunk:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...