✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

Don't like it at all.

I thought Mylo moved away from classic Coldplay and it seems they've continued on the same path with this album. I know he loves pop music but the lyrics on the last album and now this one are so simplistic. I appreciate bands have and want to change and grow but I don't see going from what Coldplay was to what ASFOS is as a progression. Boring lyrics to a dance beat? No thanks...

Sorry but I guess you haven't heard any of the other songs on this album-- literally ASFOS is the ONLY poppy song

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dont get why people on here dont like this song but like magic?

Magic is coldplays worst ever song. This song is much better.

I mostly agree with you, ASFOS is catchy and a happy upbeat song to listen to and in my opinion really good and defiantly not a let down. Magic on the other hand is good but not as good, but not the "worst Coldplay song ever".

I really dont get why people on here dont like this song but like magic?

Magic is coldplays worst ever song. This song is much better.

Magic has an experimental R&B vibe thats easy to warm up to. I especially like the female backing vocals that you almost have to have headphones on to hear. but asfos sounds like what I'm proud to listen to coldplay instead of.

Magic has an experimental R&B vibe thats easy to warm up to. I especially like the female backing vocals that you almost have to have headphones on to hear. but asfos sounds like what I'm proud to listen to coldplay instead of.

Are you talking 'bout "no I don't, no I don't, no I don't, no I don't"? I think that's Will, at least during live performances.

PS, you excited about 24 LAD Jack Bauer?

Yeah that's exactly it. And haha yes, super excited but also a little worried that it wont be as good as 24 in its prime. The first hakf of the eight season was a disappointment, but then it got pretty great when Jack lost his mind :laugh3:

Don't like it at all.

I thought Mylo moved away from classic Coldplay and it seems they've continued on the same path with this album. I know he loves pop music but the lyrics on the last album and now this one are so simplistic. I appreciate bands have and want to change and grow but I don't see going from what Coldplay was to what ASFOS is as a progression. Boring lyrics to a dance beat? No thanks...

simplistic eh? havent u heard HURT LIKE HEAVEN? CHARLIE BROWN? i think u only listened to PARADISE and concluded that MYLO XYLOTO'S lyrics are simplistic.

1000% agree! for several years coldplay have been "my band" but now they are simple and ordinary. if i remeber right justin timberlake once wanted to work with coldplay but chris martin declined because in his eyes timberlake makes anything else but real music. and now with nearly tears in my eyes i have to listen to simple, ordinary, predicatble, always the same kind of "music". i'm really sade about that.

judging coldplay by just one song eh? way to go!!!

havent u heard of AIMH? Oceans? Another's Arms? MIDNIGHT? or even magic?

I really don't understand the people dismissing the entire album cause of one song.. have they not heard any of the other songs? Aside from maybe magic, not poppy or exactly radio friendly at all. Coldplay have always released radio friendly huge singles ( Yellow, Clocks, Fix you, Viva, Every teardrop etc..) but the non singles are usually their best work! AIMH, Oceans, O, and maybe True love and Ink seem to be classic Coldplay with a new twist. Not to say I don't like ASFOS, cause I do, but I understand why many don't. But what I can't understand is why people are dismissing the entire album cause of one song.. ridiculous.

+ 4

Goodbye.

I hate ASFOS with a passion, but I'm not giving up on a band just because of 1 damn song. That's ridiculous. The whole "I miss old Coldplay. They're dead to me now." Is just ridiculous. Have they just been ignoring the rest of the album? O is what they're looking for. People fail to realize that they need at least one huge pop song to market their album. Trust me, I hate the song too, but the band didn't go anywhere. Ghost Stories is full of songs much better than this. When in doubt, blame Avicii.

Except that it's not just one song. The entire album is painfully mediocre. Blame avicii? The fact that they got Avicii to produce this song says enough. This is a terrible move.

I really don't get the hate for this song. I can still hear the guitar parts in the song, just with more EDM elements. Coldplay has been evolving its sound and it still has many Coldplay elements.

Here's a question: If we never knew Avicii produced this song, would it be getting the hate it does?

Why the hate for avicii, hes a quality artist. Go listen to 'hey brother' by avicii, song of the year last year.

I do agree that this song isnt true coldplay but coldplay will never go back to the days of 'rush of blood to the head'.

This song would fit perfectly in the MX era. Some of you like mylo xyloto but not this song? That album had a bunch of these types of songs on it, upbeat songs.